Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th September 2008, 16:46   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOR View Post
Nice review.But IMHO the styling is more in terms of an estate.Even the tail gate looks estate rather than macho SUV. The G wagon is more up the SUV alley!
The tail gate is designed so as to accomodate a roomy thrid row seat.

G-wagon is a masterpiece, but I like to call it as a pure off-roader than a SUV.
Old 28th July 2009, 01:56   #32
BHPian

Hanmust: That was a great review. I've been shopping around for all the 7 seaters for past 2 months and finally shortlisted GL. Test drove Audi Q7 which has non-functional 3rd row seats or at least adults wont fit in. Also Q7 is not so good at stop/start especially in traffic jams and signals. I test drove GL550, GL450 and GL 320 Bluetech. As you mentioned the diesel is great and didnt expect it to be so smooth.
I was pretty surprised to see GL420 Diesel bcos all this time I was expecting GL 350 Bluetech to be the one for 2010. Maybe the Eorope market will have 420. I took a snap of it from the parking lot of Mercedes Head office in NJ last time I was there.

Also I saw a Tesla electric car getting inside the R&D dept garage, came to know that Mercedes and Tesla are working together on something big towards electric cars.
Attached Thumbnails
Mercedes Benz GL420 CDI Tested-mb-gl350.jpg  

Old 19th March 2010, 12:07   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VIPER_SRT View Post
Hanmust: That was a great review. I've been shopping around for all the 7 seaters for past 2 months and finally shortlisted GL. Test drove Audi Q7 which has non-functional 3rd row seats or at least adults wont fit in. Also Q7 is not so good at stop/start especially in traffic jams and signals. I test drove GL550, GL450 and GL 320 Bluetech. As you mentioned the diesel is great and didnt expect it to be so smooth.
I was pretty surprised to see GL420 Diesel bcos all this time I was expecting GL 350 Bluetech to be the one for 2010. Maybe the Eorope market will have 420. I took a snap of it from the parking lot of Mercedes Head office in NJ last time I was there.

Also I saw a Tesla electric car getting inside the R&D dept garage, came to know that Mercedes and Tesla are working together on something big towards electric cars.

Congratulation of your new machine. Srry, I wasn't checking this thread for quite a while.

Thank you for your commands!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks