Team-BHP - Yes!!! Its here.. Swift VDi White!!! Update - Now sold
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/)
-   -   Yes!!! Its here.. Swift VDi White!!! Update - Now sold (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/40020-yes-its-here-swift-vdi-white-update-now-sold.html)

When I relocated back to delhi on 4th May 2008, it was already finalized that I want a Swift VDi white(thanks to TBHP for that ).

Within a few days I started checking with dealers and to my shock the minimum waiting period I was quoted was 1.5 months L. I also tried a “jugaad” (as we call it in delhi) in one of the dealers and the latest I could get the car was 1 month.

It seemed like I would have to go through a daily ordeal in public transport to reach Noida(where I work )from Janakpuri. Then TBHP came to my rescue again, I had posted about the swift waiting period saga on the swift delivery woes thread.

One of the tbhpians (ankit.jhambh) suggested me to try at the new maruti dealership in malviya nagar - AAA Vehicleades, he said since it’s a new dealership the waiting period is less comparatively. I couldn’t find their contact number so ankit gave it to me.

10 May

I called them and they said 1 week – 10 days , I was somewhat relieved, then after about half an our I get a call that they have just recd a white vdi in their stockyard and if I want they can block it for me.

No discounts,freebies, nothing !!! They said “sir gaadi de rahe hain na itni jaldi, aur kya chahiye aapko”. I tried a lot but could not get them to give any freebies(I am not a good negotiator when it comes to monetary things).

I consulted my parents and booked the car. Went to the dealer next day to check the car and complete paperwork. Tried to push again for some freebies, but they wont budge!! Since I needed the car very very badly I decided to take a plunge.

I had checked with other dalers also and absolutely no discounts/freebies for swift.

12 May – 21 May

Now, started another frustrating period with me waiting for the loan to get approved. During this time the price for the car also increased by 15k.!!! With some delays and public holidays, my loan finally got approved yesterday and I was asked to come today.

22 May

I reached dealer at 12:30 pm and after a lot of paper work, about 50 signatures, I was finally ready to take delivery of my car !!!!! I had carried the TBHP checklist along and checked everything.

They explained me about the servicing schedule and all the papers that come with the car.

Now the service advisor took me to the car and described everything in detail.

When I asked about the run in period they said nothing like that exists, actually I was expecting this answer since it had already happened with few friends.

The list of upgrades include Michelin 195/60/R15 Michelin MXV8 tyres and alloys suggested by tyre guru Ishaan. Should be done tomorrow along with sunfilm and autocop security system and gear lock.

Next will be ICE, which might get done this weekend or next hopefully.

@Ishaan : Thanks for helping buddy, will call you again to get the tyre dealers details. clap:

@riju: Thanks for helping brother and giving me Ishann’s number and answering my stupid questions about ICE which might keep coming!! :)

@Ankit: I owe you one man, I had never thought I would get the car this early.

Attached is a pic taken at the dealership this afternoon.

I shall post the pics after the upgraded tomorrow or dayafter .
Thanks again TBHP!

--
Jaspreet

Congrats dude!! She looks a beauty and am sure you will have many hours of driving bliss with her. Post pics once you get everything done as well.

Cheers!

She is a real beuty.

Please do post the pics after the tyre upgrade. I want to see how it will look.

\\hkp

clap:
Congrats Jassi !
You owe a big treat to friends here in bangalore.
Take care of the beauty !
post more pics.
clap:

Now I can see all delhi wali junta queueing up at VehicleAdes :)

cya... and PM me their number too!

congrats dude,enjoy ur ride

@kartikkumar: Thanks sir. Yep I am sure i am gonna enjoy her.
@phamilyman: PM on your way!

Congratulations mate!
I was also set for a white Swift D but the waiting period just put me off!
Great that you got yours "swiftly"!

Congrats man :D Enjoy her responsibly and do respect the break in period

Congrats Mate!! That was the fastest enquiry to delivery that we have seen in sometime. Especially for the VDI.cheers:

She looks pretty good and i Hope you wont keep us waiting for more pics.

@markiv,srijit,corsalove: Thanks guys!! Yeah that was a fast one i was able to pull off :)

Violaa congrats Jassi am appppy for you mate. Pimp her up now and drive safe.

ICE and me :Shockked: no ways. There is thread which Lord Yeti started and the thread has grown leaps and bounds. Put your ICE queries there and be rest assured Ishaan will help you out. Ishaan I know you wont let me down :) .

Once again congratulations on the new car.

Congrats Sir JI !!!!!

please pm me the number of the dealer and th OTR price Waiting.....

is it on temp. number ???? is it allowed ????

Quote:

Originally Posted by revved_up (Post 839501)
Jaspreet

Whose name is THis ????

Quote:

Originally Posted by NOTORIOUS (Post 839567)

Whose name is THis ????

lol...!! Mine, I guess u r confusing me with some other "revved up". PM on you way with dealer details.

Quote:

Originally Posted by revved_up (Post 839572)
lol...!! Mine, I guess u r confusing me with some other "revved up". PM on you way with dealer details.

asking because my full name is Jaspreet Singh Rattan :Dlol:

OT: Where do you live in delhi ???