Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th May 2008, 12:49   #1

980kms,on my Dzire VDI

bought,dzirevdi on17thapril. clocked1180kms,as of yet. my reaction so far-A mixed bag of jubiliation and doubts.issues with the car?-yes,quiet a few.first the happy part-car is just brriliant to drive.thumpsup to fiat [not maruti],for such a superlative engine.ride quality is pretty good.could have been a touch better,afterall it is a 6lakh rupees,car. Now a few issues -car is silky smooth on well carpated roads[highways].my apprehensions starts as soon as i get onto roads of rural india[roads with only soling,and no tarring,roads with quiet a few potholes].such of a kinds are a lot in my state[HP]. -car starts rattling .rattles are in plenty around dash board area,few of them still cannot be pinpointed for their site of origion. another issue is with Boot lid. it is just paper thin. I donot have the courage to allow my 3years old tiny tot to sit on it. i feel it will definately cave in as usage increases. i hope it happens with in the warranty period. now to my major concerns-door closures with window completly down gives a cheap quality thdding sounds.also the steering thudds and jitter a bith on rough roads. thuuding in steering is more while turning the vechile. on smooth roads the thudding in steering column is absent.it is making me nervy. is the power steering defective? as this is my first car with powre steering i am not sure whether it is normal or needs a follow up. kindly give your views, so that i can tackle the situation properly during the first service which is due soon. i would appriciate all those who go through this review to give their views on my concerns. sorry for not spacing the sentences properly,as i am a newbie to computers too.
Old 24th May 2008, 14:33   #2
Senior - BHPian

@ MountainBlood- Nice review. I cant stand the rattles in my 1 month Swift.
Seriously cant believe MSIL didnt bring take up any complaints. Agree with you about the Build Quality of Doors & Boot could have been better. But i guess end of the day its a great VFM. Do post some pics .
Old 24th May 2008, 21:11   #3
BHPian

@ Mountainblood - Welcome to Team-BHP !
first would love see the pic of your car buddy. there are plenty of threads going about the rattling issues related to Swift/SX4 (dZire too since its swift with added boot) in this forum, I am sure you will find some help there to reduce the rattling.
Good luck.
Old 24th May 2008, 21:28   #4
Senior - BHPian

Welcome to TBHP and congrats on the buy, Well those issues are expected from Dezire, they did too much of cost cutting but forgot to maintain some decent build quality with poor design of doors which rattles too much for Indian roads.

Its over 3 years Swift launch by now MUL would have fixed these issues which indicates they don't care for any issues which is very bad attitude of loosing customers.

Anyway its still VFM if you neglect few issues, so enjoy your ride!

Regards,

Ravi.
Old 26th May 2008, 10:19   #5
Senior - BHPian

Congrats, but you also have to understand that Dzire is nothing but the Swift with a boot and to reduce the increase in the weight, thin sheet.
Old 26th May 2008, 10:27   #6
Senior - BHPian

Umm Ravi,

My sources indicate that dZire has alot of other issues sorted out - like much less rattles, better clutch, improved suspension and the car feels lot more planted.

even in my TD - there was some issues with the OEM JK tyres - else the car went happily till 140 (before some tyre noise came) and was able to weave confidently in expressway traffic as well!
Old 11th June 2008, 10:41   #7
BHPian

Hi Mountainblood, congrats on your purchase. I myself waiting to take deliver of Dzire VDI around july first week. So i would like to clarify certain doubts as you are driving your car for a month.

1. What's FE your are getting in city and highway's?
2. You said you have some rattles in your car. It's still happening or rectified in the first service
3. If it's possible, can you please give me a initial ownership experience of your car.

Thanks in advance and wish you a pleasant ride with your car
Old 12th June 2008, 11:47   #8
BHPian

I got my DZire VDi around 30 days ago, clocked 3000 KMs so far.
I agree with rattling issues on bad roads and the cheap thud sound with windows rolled down. Its 6 lakh car, you cannot expect the doors to sound like a skoda.

Anyways, I have been happy with the car, as its a true VFM.
I would suggest you to go in for new rubber. The original tires are not good for high speeds. On the original tires, over the speed of 120, the car seems to be out of control.

I got myself Michelin XM1's (185X70X14). The car really feels planted and well in control with these tires.

I will soon write a detailed review as soon as i click some pictures.
Old 12th June 2008, 17:23   #9
Senior - BHPian

Welcome to TBHP and congrats on the new car. These issues are known to swift. Its notorious to rattles. Hope they are not following the Tata way. First launch the product and then tackle the niggles.

Do post pics, dude.
Old 13th June 2008, 08:10   #10
Senior - BHPian

Mountainblood, congrats.

SumitBahl: I think its time every maruti owner in this forum (swift) collectively file a petition, and sue maruti for this rattling nonsense. how long must we all take this as a feature and keep being quiet about it?

any lawyers around who can help the harried lot out?

Srik
Old 13th June 2008, 10:06   #11
BHPian

Quote:
my major concerns-door closures with window completly down gives a cheap quality thdding sounds
- I get the same in my 2 yr old Swift, No worries, I always run my car on A/C and so keep my windows shut!

Quote:
also the steering thudds and jitter a bith on rough roads. thuuding in steering is more while turning the vechile. on smooth roads the thudding in steering column is absent.
- I dont hear this, so better get it checked with the dealer

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks