Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th June 2008, 13:18   #16
BHPian

Travel experience with the dream diesel

I did around 500 km during my first month of ownership and went ahead with the first service during March first week. Service experience was pretty good and costed about Rs.700 if I remember correctly.

My first 800 kms of drive was purely Bangalore city driving. I did make sure to limit my driving to under 2000 rpm (i generally drove slowly (max 60 kmph) without revving the engine by making use of the torque and since LDi does not have a tacho, I will stop pushing the accelerator whenever the turbo boost comes in at times when I had to rev the car). City drives were pretty good and I was getting used to the diesel car during this timeframe.

Then I took my car to a highway trip when the odo was reading 820 km. This trip was Bangalore-Hosur-Rayakottai-Mettur-Sathy-Coimbatore and back to Bangalore via the same route. The highway manners of the car were simply great and I did both the onward/return journey in 7.5 hours one way (with about 30 odd minutes break). The journey was very comfortable and not tiring at all, which was surprising. We were three in the car (me, wife and 1 year old kid) and the rear seat & boot was completely filled with luggage. I cruised most of the time in 5th gear at around 80 kmph with occasional high speed runs. Overtaking was pretty good where I just had to accelerate a little harder to get the turbo boost and the car zoomed ahead any vehicle in the front. The car did pretty well in some bad roads too and the ride comfort was good - thanks to the michelin xm1+ tires.

I went on a trip to ooty/kodanadu around Coimbatore and this is ofcourse the first ghat experience in my swift D. the car did pretty well, but I somehow felt that the car is more suitable for plains & less steaper climbs - especially highways and stop-go city traffic. though the response was pretty good in any kind of terrains, the engine was simply screaming at times. yes, with ICE you should be comfortable, but I wanted to make sure that I did not stress the engine heavily. Only way to understand the engine stress levels is to hear the noise imho, and it did not do any good to my confidence. As far as the fuel efficiency goes, the car returned 19.XX kmpl for my onward journey + ooty trip. The return journey (pure highway) and 30 km bangalore city drive has returned 21 kmpl. So, I guess we can easily extract 22-24 kmpl for highway runs if I drive more judiciously. rest later ...
Old 7th June 2008, 13:33   #17
BHPian

and in my return journey, I inflated the michelin tires of swift d with nitrogen - because we can get free nitrogen fill at an ioc pump nearby my home at coimbatore. The difference in ride quality is immense on the same roads, trust me.

but, the surprising thing is that i could not feel this kind of ride quality difference when i inflated the stock tires of my swift P with nitrogen.

Last edited by ece2k2 : 7th June 2008 at 13:35.
Old 7th June 2008, 13:39   #18
TOR
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ece2k2 View Post
Pensee Art+Natural leather combination seat covers with home installation: Rs. 7000 (got the quote directly from Pensee leathers office)

- SKB.
those covers must be stellar, please post some pictures.Guess what is remaining is Sunfilm and Reverse sensors.(horn?)!
Old 7th June 2008, 18:40   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOR View Post
those covers must be stellar, please post some pictures.Guess what is remaining is Sunfilm and Reverse sensors.(horn?)!
I should get the reverse horn fitted. am not going for sunfilm, as it reduces the visibility heavily and is not giving a major advantage in my perception - bangalore has moderate summer and coimbatore also is livable with limited extreme heat.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks