Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th June 2008, 20:56   #31
BHPian

HG: Its a fantastic car to drive. I fall in love with it everyday. It never fails to put a smile on my face. Handles really well and quite comfortable. Mine is a manual only car, due to budget constraints. It was a nice feeling for me to see only 27miles on the odo, when I took delivery.

BP: I also expected that they will give alloysa and atleast front power windows as standard, but alas!! Infact, AC and ABS are also not standard!! I had to pay extra bucks for getting them. I was shocked to know that the base model does not come with AC.

However, for the overall package, its a sweet deal. IMHO, it handles and looks better than the Corolla, which comes at a higher price. The Civic is also very good, but higher priced. This is probably the best VFM Jap car you can get here for that money.
Old 19th June 2008, 23:23   #32
Senior - BHPian

Now ain't that one really sexy automobile!! Congratulations, I really envy that in the U S you can get that car at that price and have great roads to drive it on.

At the prices you mention, I can understand no ABS, and perhaps no power windows, but no AC in the base version??? That's like stretching it, isn't it? Imagine a 2.0 l sedan in India with no AC and power windows!! (I am not talking of the Ambassador 1800 ISZ).

Sadly, the only Mazda you get in India is the Swaraj Mazda!
Old 20th June 2008, 00:35   #33
BHPian

2.0l sedan with no power windows and AC??
Here the cars start from 1.6L..

So I think it is kinda allright
Old 20th June 2008, 02:50   #34
BHPian

Nice Review Saurabh.
You probably have missed mentioning the best feature of the car i.e. Handling

The car handles like a dream. Direct feedback from steering and minimal body roll make it a joyride. I had rented one few days back and drove it for around 500 miles. Enjoyed it immensely.
Old 20th June 2008, 05:04   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by architect View Post
At the prices you mention, I can understand no ABS, and perhaps no power windows, but no AC in the base version??? That's like stretching it, isn't it? Imagine a 2.0 l sedan in India with no AC and power windows!! (I am not talking of the Ambassador 1800 ISZ)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPearl View Post
Please get rid of the steering cover as others have mentioned. Your car has changed my perception about Indian car companies as I thought that they are really cheap in not providing alloy wheels as standard particularly for tubeless tires. But now I am seeing that even American companies dont.. lol
There's 3 reasons for this:
1. In the US, C-seg is really an entry level segment just like Alto or Xeta in India and its mostly 1st time buyers who are on a tight budget. 800, Alto and Xeta dont have std AC IIRC.
2. Most places in the US have mild summers where you can get away w/0 A/C. I leave early in the morning when its cool and come back late when its warm. Only if I step out of the office in the afternoon, do I really need AC.
3. Mazda 3 is the second lowest base price in the C segment after the Elantra. Now, if you consider the fact that this car is manufactured in Japan it makes sense why it so stripped out. U get what you pay for.

Maz3 was the first car in the C-seg to offer premium options like HID and GPS when it came out.
Old 20th June 2008, 20:17   #36
BHPian

I agree with you MPower. The price you pay for it, is infact low compared to the engine and driveability of the car. This car is still imported from Japan and not manufactured in US.

Finally got rid of the steering wheel cover. Enjoying every moment with this red beauty.
Old 25th June 2008, 08:35   #37
Senior - BHPian

[quote=Saurabh M;872577]HG: Its a fantastic car to drive. I fall in love with it everyday. It never fails to put a smile on my face. Handles really well and quite comfortable. Mine is a manual only car, due to budget constraints. It was a nice feeling for me to see only 27miles on the odo, when I took delivery.]

Hi Saurabh - Personally I love manual transmission...keeps you very involved with the car and drive - and awake I guess ! You've done well, by my liking (!) to pick up the manual...budgets be damned !
Good luck & have a great time with the M3. And do keep us posted regularly of your long drives, progress and experiences with the car, coz' that's one car I really love !

Last edited by Guderian : 25th June 2008 at 08:41.
Old 22nd April 2009, 12:32   #38
Senior - BHPian

Bye bye Mazda 3!!

@ Saurabh - are you gonna write a long(short)-term report?

hope to see you soon.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks