Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 28th June 2008, 23:35   #1
BHPian

My new Indigo CS DICOR

Migration from 2000 model Carb. Zen to Indigo CS DICOR

Background: I decided to upgrade to new car (Sedan only) in starting of this year, so I started my search for the same criterion was Diesel car (Sedan) up to 6.5. I had visited many reviews by other Team BHPian’s for the different cars. Decision was to be made between Indigo and Logan. So I had test driven Indigo (TDI Indigo CS and Indigo TDI & DICOR), Logan, Fiesta (Even thou it was out of my budget from day 1) I liked Indigo DICOR. I didn’t feel comfortable in Logan At the same time Dzire was about be launched so decided to wait for that also. Finally on one fine day I had a test drive of Dzire ZDi in 1st week of May & it was really good. So next day I booked Dzire VDi with Rohan Motors New Delhi. I was told that I can get the car with-in 1 month (2 of my colleague’s got the car from same dealer so he agreed to deliver me also within month) but with-in a month my waiting list for VDi went up to 6-8 months. But I couldn’t wait for so long. Then option was for the other alternative finally I came to know that CS ia also launched with DICOR engine. I immediately went for test drive the car to various dealers in Noida and Delhi and Chandigarh but unfortunately I couldn’t get test drive for CS DICOR as it was not available, however all the dealers offered me the test Drive of Indigo DICOR and told its same engine with CS Chassis.

My decision: So finally I revisited my needs and I zeroed at Indigo CS DICOR. And next day I booked at the A-One Motors Faridabad Road New Delhi.(Very Important to tell you all that I reside and work in Noida and booked my car in new delhi because I opted for Company Car lease option from my company(HCL Noida) which delivers from new delhi only).

Dealer offer: When I booked the car at the same dealer I was able to negotiate a bit so I got 7000/- of discount and few free goodies (like 5 mats, mud flaps & steering wheeling cover etc.) I found it very good because none of the other dealers offered anything because CS Dicor was on booking and waiting period of 2-4 weeks.

Delivery Day: On fine day I got call from my dealer saying “Good morning Phaji, Thuadi gaadi aa gye hai, Tusi aa jao delivery len, dasso kadon aa rhe ho... (sales person whom I interacted with was a Punjabi guy, so he talks to me in Punjabi always)” I was too happy to listen all this, But unfortunately I was too busy in office that I knew that I’ll not be able to manage another couple of days. So I told him that I’ll call you back to confirm when I can come to take my car. Finally on 26th June I decided to take delivery for the car so I called the same sales person (a day before) to tell that I’ll be coming tomorrow to take my car he was sick due to heat was on leave and told me that some other colleague deliver me the car in his absence. I called the other person to get my car ready before noon next day so that I can come there and take the delivery without wasting anytime, Alternate person was not very good in attitude to deliver the car (I understood as he is not going to get the sales credit for the same) still he did all the formalities required for paper work etc. and made the car ready. When I saw the car I noticed that dealer didn’t do the good job in washing/cleaning as I found few dust patches outside as well as in side (even thou they cleaned after I noticed).

At 4 PM, I became owner of new Indigo CS DICOR when I was offered the keys of my new beauty (sparking gold Indigo). I was very happy to get in to the driver seat and to feel the ownership

My First Drive: it was 9 Kms already done on the odometer reading when I took over the car & drove the car straight from showroom to Gurdwara Bangla Sahib to thank god to the same car and then drove back to my office. It was realy a very good feeling to get into new car and to feel the power DICOR power after driving my beautiful carb Zen.

By now I have driven this can 211 Kms in 2 days.

As of now I’m really enjoying the drive.

Now few accessories for the car required as under:

• Power windows
  • Gear lock
  • Center locking
  • Film on glasses
As today I visited in Noida & New Delhi places to get quote to all the above items and got various quotes. So I need your suggestions on the same
Looking forward for your response

Moderator's note: External [FONT], [SIZE] and [COLOR] tags are strictly prohibited. This post has been cleaned of such tags. Please DO NOT use an external word processor to copy-paste into Team-BHP.

Last edited by theMAG : 29th June 2008 at 01:06.
Old 29th June 2008, 00:08   #2
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on your new Ride - Yours must be the first CS dicor on team BHP How much did it cost you?
ICE - post a budget and we can help !
Power windows - 14k tata OEM, 8k, autocop. take your pick
Central locking , again, you can get the stuff from tata , or have a third party system installed
Film- It actually comes with a very faint tinted glass , of course you can darken it for privacy

PS: dont use word etc to type posts - it screws up the formatting. I've fixed it though

Last edited by Rehaan : 30th June 2008 at 00:29. Reason: Quoted post removed on request. Thanks.
Old 29th June 2008, 10:46   #3
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Cool Zen on your new ride. Since it is the weekend, please rack up some miles on the car and give us your feedback. Yours is the first Indigo CS Dicor on the forum.

Please do share aspects like low end torque, gearshift quality and the fuel consumtion figures. Indigo CS is a really cool car . I specially like the new, stylish rear end. The car looks much better than the regular Indigo and with the improved Dicor powerplant, it should have the go to match the show.
Old 29th June 2008, 11:06   #4
BHPian

thanks Greenhorn & Rajneeesh.
@Greenhorn it costed me 527034 on road. i got 7000 rs discount from dealer (5000 as corporate+2000 dealer).

i got 1 reference from a fellow BHPian (my colleague, he got his Indica fitted there with all required from Autocop) for accessories in Lajpat Ngr shop named Elegant
today i'll be visiting there post lunch.

my budget is 30k ( ICE+PW+Central locking).

@Rajneesh - i driven 215kms in 2 days till saturday. surely i'll post detailed review once i reachs more miles on this. as of now i'm liking this very much, DICOR engine is really making a big difference.
Old 29th June 2008, 11:52   #5
BHPian

Congrats on the new car, that was a detailed post. Enjoyed reading it.
Old 29th June 2008, 11:58   #6
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Coolzen(Indigo!!!)

Indigo CS is a VFM and looks cool too. You got a good color. Especially when you decorate him (him or her???) with the Black sun flim. When are the pictures coming? Please post some for both Exterior and Interiors.

Safe & Happy driving...
Old 29th June 2008, 12:02   #7
Senior - BHPian

So it exists - its not a myth!

The Indigo CS Dicor has been the most elusive vehicle - most dealers dont know whether and when it will be available. No test drives are available, either.

And yet Cool Zen has one real CS Dicor in his possession.

Congrats and do keep us updated. The CS seems to have done wonders to the Indigo numbers recently.
Old 29th June 2008, 12:35   #8
BHPian

Thanks Steeroid, Mjothi & anandthe leo.

@Mothi i'll be sharing the pictures soon.
Old 29th June 2008, 12:59   #9
rippergeo

I'd gone Indigo CS dicor hunting in cochin last month. All the salesmen told me that such a car didnt exist.

Old 29th June 2008, 13:10   #10
BHPian

Great going coolzen. Finally we have a live CS Dicor on the streets. Keep us updated on the run in. This is probably the only diesel sedan just above the 500K mark. Great VFM.
Old 29th June 2008, 13:11   #11
Senior - BHPian

coolzen. remember to use the magic words mentioned here
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/ask-gu...g-noida-2.html
at elegant
Old 29th June 2008, 14:19   #12
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on your new car. Wish you many years of driving pleasure. Please do post your reviews once you've put some km's on that beauty.
Old 29th June 2008, 16:25   #13
BHPian

Quote:
  • ICE
  • Power windows
  • Gear lock
  • Center locking
  • Film on glasses
Hey greenhorn, cool zen's post doesn't seem to mention ICE.

Nevertheless, I think he knows where to go to ICE advice.

Congrats on your CS. Now show your car to your boss. What happened to your Dzire booking? And what is the OTR price of your car?

Cheers
Anand
Old 29th June 2008, 20:05   #14
BANNED

So they are delivering this version! Great news and hearty congratulations!
Old 29th June 2008, 20:42   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arajand View Post
Hey greenhorn, cool zen's post doesn't seem to mention ICE.
I Think our overworked mod theMAG must have deleted it along with the [FONT] tag garbage. I haven't added any of my content in that quote
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks