Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th July 2008, 17:18   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karanraheja View Post
Quite surprised that Skoda actually launched an underpowered 1.2 P.
My bad - let me clarify please. I did not mean to intend the 1200cc one is desperately under powered. Actually its got 70 bhp which is quite decent (Fusion diesel: 68bhp, Honda city: 76bhp).

What I meant was the car has got such solid feeling that unknowingly one expects a super peppy engine which it is not. In fact in a body like other smal cars, no one would have noticed it though.

My test drive was limited to the city roads and here I did not feel any lack of power: both during driving and also at traffic posts/ busy spots - to move the car at low speeds.
Old 7th July 2008, 21:11   #32
Senior - BHPian

@AdvaithC- I guess most of the people have given the feedback that the 1.2 P does lack some power. For a hatchback for 6lac+ we do expect some power apart from the goodies. Is it noisy ?
Old 7th July 2008, 23:30   #33
BHPian

Netchef: Sir, I'm sorry for the long delay in posting my review. Finally decided to add my two cents.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdvaithC View Post
My bad - let me clarify please. I did not mean to intend the 1200cc one is desperately under powered. Actually its got 70 bhp which is quite decent (Fusion diesel: 68bhp, Honda city: 76bhp).
AdvaithC: I too found the 1.2 to be adequate for city driving. The numbers on paper don't matter much though.

The dealer here was trying to sell me the 85 bhp /132 Nm argument (on the 1.4). I would never have doubted it had I not driven it. This is one reason I can't understand how people buy cars without a TD.
Old 8th July 2008, 00:55   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karanraheja View Post
@AdvaithC- I guess most of the people have given the feedback that the 1.2 P does lack some power. For a hatchback for 6lac+ we do expect some power apart from the goodies. Is it noisy ?
Nothing noticeable. I did race the car once and there too it was ok. In fact I felt the engine was getting smooth as I pepped it up.

I agree with you though. 100 bhp with a four cylinder setup would have been the perfect choice for this car at its current price....something like the VW Polo hatch (I drove it in the US and it rocks!).

Or may be Skoda wants to position Fabia as a choice for city couple looking for something niche than the average Swift or i10. In that area Fabia scores a perfect 10.
Old 8th July 2008, 09:09   #35
BHPian

[quote=CBlazer;895196]I too found the 1.2 to be adequate for city driving. The numbers on paper don't matter much though. quote]

While on the performance point. Both Fifth gear & Top gear in there reviews of fabia have said that the 1.2P is the most fun to drive in the lot.
Old 8th July 2008, 11:46   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBlazer View Post
Netchef: Sir, I'm sorry for the long delay in posting my review. Finally decided to add my two cents.

...I can't understand how people buy cars without a TD.
CBlazer: No worries, Sir. Glad to hear from you whenever the muse grabs you.

BTW I'm one of those 'loonies' who can and do buy cars without a TD. Trusting or daft- you decide.
The TAFE people hadn't a vehicle for me to TD, so I merely sat in a customer's Fabia, started it and listened to the the engine, but refused to engage the trans (not fair to the unknown customer -I wouldn't like anyone driving my machine without my permission; also didn't want to put the TAFE chaps in a spot).

The same thing when I bought my previous car- this time used. It was a Cielo and I negotiated a price over the phone without even SEEING the car! Believe that? I liked the sound of the owner- then CEO of a big pharmaceutical company, and trusted him fully. Since that car was financed, I waited till the monies were through, then rode up to his house and collected the car- YES, without a TD!!

Some people, I tell yer
Old 8th July 2008, 12:27   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by netchef View Post
BTW I'm one of those 'loonies' who can and do buy cars without a TD
On the other hand my wife teases me I am doing too much research for a car.
Old 8th July 2008, 13:05   #38
BHPian

Quote:
BTW I'm one of those 'loonies' who can and do buy cars without a TD. Trusting or daft- you decide.

The same thing when I bought my previous car- this time used. It was a Cielo and I negotiated a price over the phone without even SEEING the car! Believe that? I liked the sound of the owner- then CEO of a big pharmaceutical company, and trusted him fully. Since that car was financed, I waited till the monies were through, then rode up to his house and collected the car- YES, without a TD!!

Some people, I tell yer
Well, incredible, I must say- especially to buy an used car w/o a TD! Anyway, things worked out for you and that is good!
Old 8th July 2008, 13:46   #39
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
It was a Cielo and I negotiated a price over the phone without even SEEING the car!

Some people, I tell yer
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sridharps View Post
Well, incredible, I must say- especially to buy an used car w/o a TD! Anyway, things worked out for you and that is good!
Thats nothing compared to BHPian "nutmello". He bought a car from the Team-BHP marketplace in 4 SMS'!! Link to thread.
Old 8th July 2008, 14:22   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Thats nothing compared to BHPian "nutmello". He bought a car from the Team-BHP marketplace in 4 SMS'!! Link to thread.
Goodness!! I went through the thread and was shocked!! The entire story is a bit weird..only sms-es from both sides..Even if 1.55 L was matter of small concern to them! Well You never ceased to be amazed in life..
Old 8th July 2008, 14:50   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Some people, I tell yer
Well that's a 'Loony' case for me! I can never buy a car without a proper TD & even force my Mother & friends to TD cars before they buy them. Has saved me from getting abused after the purchase many a time when they didn't like the car while taking the TD & ultimately rejected it!
Old 8th July 2008, 17:38   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sridharps View Post
Serendipity over grey cells.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Thats nothing compared to BHPian "nutmello".
Ha ha. And the Oscar (no pun intended) goes to Nutmello!

iRaghava:
Whew. How's the new car running BTW, Sir?

Last edited by netchef : 8th July 2008 at 17:41. Reason: forgot a salutation
Old 8th July 2008, 18:41   #43
BHPian

What is the expected Fuel Efficiency for both 1.2 and 1.4 Petrol? How about diesel?
Old 8th July 2008, 20:17   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
iRaghava:
Whew. How's the new car running BTW, Sir?
In the workshop right now Rajiv sir. Some uncleji banged into it while she was parked & damaged the driver's door & front fender. Should have her back by Thursday.
Old 9th July 2008, 10:47   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
In the workshop right now Rajiv sir. Some uncleji banged into it while she was parked & damaged the driver's door & front fender. Should have her back by Thursday.

iraghava: That's a real pity, Sir-my commisserations. She barely a toddler. I've heard tales of the traffic conditions in your neck-of-the-country.

Can't even say 'drive safe' any more- need to make that 'park safe'!

(Thread Owner: sorry for being off topic, but when you meet an old friend...)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks