Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th July 2008, 21:17   #16
BHPian

Cedia

Hi Pete,

Congrats on the CEDIA ownership.
However, you need not worry about the AC compressor sound as it is common on almost all CEDIAs (incl mine) and as RajaTaurus mentioned you can try altering the thermostat settings to get longer durations between auto cut OFF and ON.

With my stock BRIDGESTONE POTENZA's I have never noticed the tyre THUD as you've mentioned. Driving in the city is silky smooth on stock footwear. Normally, I maintain 29PSI Tyre pressure.
I had changed to LENSO mags and MICHELIN XM ENERGY tyres which gave me better handling, but were giving me an annoying HUM due to which I reverted back to the STOCK set up. Luckily, I had retained my stock set of rims and tyres.
I am happy with STOCK SPECS as I have very little highway driving and the POTENZAS are doing very well for me in city driving conditions.

Alternately, if you have a higher highway usage you could consult the pros here for advice on correct specs for better footwear, though.

Last edited by President : 10th July 2008 at 21:19.
Old 13th July 2008, 17:51   #17

Hey guys sorry for being so late to follow up. Thanks for sharing your car experience with regards to the a/c and tyres.
I maintain 28 psi tyre pressure. I guess from your responses, a different set of tyres might be able to cut down on the THUD sound. Tyre upgrade is a part of my future plans so I guess I will have to live with the sound.
Thanks Raja Taurus for the tip. Will try it out and get back to u. Actually the compressor cutting off and on frequently wasn’t my first major concern but twice it was happening with a big, hugely audible TUC sound. Anyways it’s not the case now and I will keep my fingers crossed so that it never happens again.
Will be taking it for second service tomorrow. Wish me luck guys. Post service let the FE of the car increase, let the pick up increase.haha (every bodies dream).

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks