Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th July 2008, 10:18   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by liberal View Post
Only one remote key available. Pay extra approx Rs.9-10K for additional remote key

You mean 9000-10000 for a set of keys?
Old 10th July 2008, 15:03   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalluDude View Post

You mean 9000-10000 for a set of keys?
Its for just additional 1 remote key.

Corolla comes with set of 3 keys = 2 simple + 1 remote. Confirmed the same with Toyota dealership as myself was apprehensive.
Old 10th July 2008, 16:09   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhp1 View Post
The competition is miles ahead of this car. Its only the name which has propelled its sales.
If it was just the name then Zen Estilo would be as hit as its predecessors.

Well, in the second hand market, reliability and value governed my buying process, thus found corolla & cedia the most eligible in the used car market. (eleminated cedia due to few & far off service stations)

If I were to have the budget to buy new then in all probability I would have bought the Optra Magnum LT Diesel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post
More than the car itself, it is your writing which has amazed us. Wonderful and good way of expressing your happiness and love for your ride. I myself started thinking of owning a 2nd hand Corolla.
Speedzak, It was big decision & my family is very happy with the car. I am satisfied by the fuel avg with 100% A.C. It sweetens the experience.

Earlier, I was prefering a small efficient sedan as it would be within budget with manageable running costs, though my wife was leaning towards big sedans. A used Corolla in the end made the most sense but one needs to be very careful & avoid problem vehicles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reignofchaos View Post
Potenza RE88 are terrible tyres. Had them on my cedia and got rid of them real soon.
Thanks for sharing, I will have to wait min. 10000kms before spending to change them with something better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasudeva View Post
I keep AC at around 27.5C (if I am traveling alone as normally happens) and use intermittently, since I am comfortable with that, and it saves fuel.
Vasudeva, saw one of your earlier posts, you do extract a good fuel avg. I just cannot do without A.C (usually on max cool all year round). It does effect the fuel avg but somehow do not enjoy driving without A.C unless on a hill-station. Nevertheless the avg is always above 10kmpl in the city.
Old 10th July 2008, 16:23   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for sharing, I will have to wait min. 10000kms before spending to change them with something better.

Vasudeva, saw one of your earlier posts, you do extract a good fuel avg. I just cannot do without A.C (usually on max cool all year round). It does effect the fuel avg but somehow do not enjoy driving without A.C unless on a hill-station. Nevertheless the avg is always above 10kmpl in the city.
Since you have the stock tyres, do not change them at say 35K. I find them good enough, though may change when required to Michelin. The average I get is on an AT. This has a penalty of 1 kmpl compared with manual. That I cover by AC (I am not uncomfortable or doing any compromises, as I can manage quite easily) and by more highway driving (job location). Thus my AT average is high, but should be equal to average FE on a manual Corolla driven with AC on most of the time and in mix traffic. I have a range of 9-13 kmpl.

One thing you can keep in mind for the fuel gauge: with full tank, the first bold mark means around 9 litres gone, 2nd (half way) means around 22-23 litres; 3rd mark means 33-34 litres gone, and fuel warning light comes on at around 37 litres gone. This is from my observation and experience.
Old 10th July 2008, 16:26   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post
Congratulations. A very nice car you have chosen to live with. Take care of her. I'm sure she'll give you lots of good moments for a long time ahead.
You have bought the car. So instead of looking for faults and complaints, enjoy the goodness and beauty of it. Rest, ignore the complaints unless you get to it yourselves.

More than the car itself, it is your writing which has amazed us. Wonderful and good way of expressing your happiness and love for your ride. I myself started thinking of owning a 2nd hand Corolla.
I would agree with speedzak. That was a wonderful report. You have covered lot of points in a very clear manner.

Congratulation and thanks for sharing! Do keep us updating and i am sure many potential buyers would appreciate your insights!

Happy Motoring!

Elito
Old 10th July 2008, 16:55   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Any particular reason, A.C in my car is always 'on' start to stop
I think you live the way your handle sounds

Congrats, Corolla is an awesome car and drive safe!
Old 10th July 2008, 17:55   #22
BANNED

[quote=liberal;898847]If it was just the name then Zen Estilo would be as hit as its predecessors.[quote]

ZEN ESTILO had no name at all internationally. COROLLA has very few merits & has mostly sold here because of the huge name it had earned internationally.
One of its merits is reliability surely, almost all good cars these days are reliable enough. My corolla hasnt turned out to be utterly reliable though. There are many other customers who were not happy with their corollas either.
Old 10th July 2008, 18:39   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasudeva View Post
Thus my AT average is high, but should be equal to average FE on a manual Corolla driven with AC on most of the time and in mix traffic. I have a range of 9-13 kmpl.
Thanks Vasudeva, would add some observations here pertaining to the Fuel Avg @ M/T Corolla.

My expectation from the car was between 8-9kmpl given my pathetic experience with Accent when it gave me 8kmpl in the city.

After I got the car, initially I would drive within speed of 60kmph with light foot on accelerator. The car gave on 2 tank full to tank full(speed petrol) checks about 11.5kmpl

As I became accustomed to the vehicle and after changing to normal petrol the avg has now settled to 10kmpl

Highway mileage to Aurangabad & back was above 15kmpl, driven at 60-100kmph, while during Pune drive on expressway it was 13.5kmpl driven at 100-120kmph.

I normally drive within the RPM of 1000 - 2500 at any gear.
(Above Fuel Average Figures are at 100% A.C usage)

I read in a magazine that A/T cars except Volkwagon DSG A/T (two clutch shift tech) cars can't match M/T's fuel efficiency. A/T cars have a device called torque convertor which results in inefficiency.

Some details at : Auto questions: how torque converters work

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhp1 View Post
My corolla hasnt turned out to be utterly reliable though. There are many other customers who were not happy with their corollas either.
Thats bad, I can relate to your thoughts as I shared the same at one time about Indica but solved after A.S.S change. Why don't you put your experiences in a thread, I am sure many of us would find it useful.

I have found rarely any negative reviews of corolla online during my intial search online and at Team-bhp.
Old 18th February 2009, 15:30   #24

friend , i took a test drive of 2006 corolla H5 yesterday , it had clocked 31000 kms and according to the service record last service was done duly at 30k kms .

I found the car pretty good in terms of pick up but somehow i got a bit disappointed with the hard clutch of the car and also the gear shift . i neither found the gear shift smooth nor the clutch .

Immediately after my TD , i asked the car dealer for the same issue , he said if u are comparing it to honda then for sure u will feel it hard but mechanically car is OK .

I want opinion from you guys , whether he said it right or not ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks