Team-BHP - White Elegance - The Fabia 1.4 MPI
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/)
-   -   White Elegance - The Fabia 1.4 MPI (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/43679-white-elegance-fabia-1-4-mpi.html)

Hi everyone,

As promised here is my thread about my new car. I finally got the time to post pics and a small review of the first 300kms completed since delivery on Monday.

4/8/08 - Drive to Pune from Mumbai with Mum to pick up the car from Acumen Motors. Car is ready for delivery as promised by 4pm. Am given a walk through of the features. Everything looks slick. Perform a small Puja in the showroom, break a coconut as is custom :) Drive the car a few inches before the dealership driver drives it out of the glass entrance.

Point to note - I never asked for any freebies with the car. It is rule that I follow in life coz I don't like anyone asking me for discounts and freebies in my business. So I do not ask anyone else for any. But I was happily surprised when I was given mudflaps, fabrics mats, rubber mats & mirror locks complimentary.

The information display indicated that the car would run another 60kms so I stopped at the nearest gas station and topped up.

Point to note - Avoid talking on the cellphone while driving. I got so caught up with a work call, I took a wrong road to get onto the highway and ended up having to drive back 7km to the main road and then onto the correct road.

My first few kms were very tentative. I was avoiding all major bumps but once I reached the highway I needed to put her to the test. Pick up in 2nd gear was a bit slow. I wasn't flooring the pedal, I am a very conservative driver but I am used to driving a NHC and felt that she was a bit slow to get off. Once in 3rd everything seemed super smooth and at 80kms/hr I felt I was doing 50. At a 100kms/hr it felt like 60. I drove a constant 100 on the expressway and was very surprised that I didn't have to slow down at most turns as I would usually do in the NHC. She stuck to the road like a magnet.

Point to note - It was a 170km drive. This car has amazingly simple seat & steering adjustments with a wide range of configurations for upright high seat driving and for low seat crusing. I set up for comfort and visibility. I got off the car at home with absolutely no tiredness from the drive.

Once home I got another work call and had to drive 35 kms to office. I was only too happy. After work at around 1.30 am took the other girlfriend for a spin as well. She was impressed :)

Present status notes - I drive with the sunroof shade down, letting a lot of light into the car. It's a very refreshing experience. It is raining a lot here so haven't had the chance to slide the glass back. The wipers are really cool, love the rear wiper. Parking sensors work fine. The audio system is basic. I still need to get my aux cable and charger for the ipod. I like the pioneer adapter I have setup in my NHC which charges as well as gives me control from the HU. I wish I could get one for this system. Apart from that I am adding absolutely nothing to the car as of now in terms of accessories. It is perfect for me as it is. Don't need to change a thing.

Will post more pictures including interiors in the days to come.

Those looking at a 1.4 MPI can gladly ask me any questions.

Congrats . What is the OTR price ?

Congrats on your new 'baby'..keep posting the experience and more pics. C.White does look so damn boooooootiful and wish i had sunroof in my 1.2 Ambiente. It would be so much fun to be driving in rain:D, especially in Kerala.

As for the freebies, it depends on the dealers too.seems here, the dealers are so adamant on cutting them off :Frustrati and that forces us to ask..

Congrats, that's a good looking hatch and colour white looks good on the Fabia. Keep us posted on the longh term ownership report.

congrats on the new purchase. happy driving.

Looks absolutely HOT! Congrats!!
I know you're excited and all but, don't push the car during the running in period. Don't drive at constant speeds. Enjoy!!

Congrats SideMeer. That's a nice elegant machine. Enjoy the ride and keep us posted on the ownership experience.

Congratulations SidMeer, that's a nice report & the car looks really nice!

Congrats maadi. That's the first 1.4 Fabia (incl sunroof) on the forum I've seen.

Truly HOT and definitely special.

Congrats. Its looking very good. Are the window glasses tinted, they look so black. Suddenly I have started liking Fabia.

congratulations!!! good choice, the car looks gr8 in white, enjoy the ride!!!

Even I've started liking the Fabia. But then I've started liking a few other cars too. (Tom's white Palio MJD) Hehe.

So what's the OTR for this Sunroof model ? Close to 8L ?

If it is 8L, its certainly not worth it I think? Fiesta diesel comes for that much and its Peugeot/citroen 1.4 TDCi is revolutionary. At 8.25 OTR Pune, the insane Fiesta 1.6S clap:

Man Fabia is expensive but a great car nevertheless. cheers:

Hi SidMeer, just completed 2 months with my 1.4MPi E, have posted some pics and my experience in netchef's thread.

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT SPAM the forum. One-liners that add absolutely no value to the thread are strictly prohibited on Team-BHP.

We advise you to visit our board rules section before proceeding any further.