Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th August 2008, 19:02   #16
BHPian

Tankful to tankful system carries an error. If you are measuring by tankful by the autostop the fuel pump nossle has then no two fuel pump nozzels are of the same length and this results in an error. To reduce this error, you need to take a lager span of say atleast 25-30 liters to give a fair measurement. 4-5 liters of refill will not give you a correct picture.
Old 9th August 2008, 19:36   #17
Senior - BHPian

105 kmph is the ideal driving speed for good FE and lesser drag forces. Its better of to drive at lesser speeds than higher due to the drag forces.

Although its a good mileage reported but during the first half the needle goes slower, unless you fill exactly at half-marl and note the ltr's filled/Km covered to calcuate.
Old 9th August 2008, 22:12   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rippergeo View Post
I agree the mileage is good. but its not that crazy. it would be close to real life if measured over 20-30 litres rather than 4-5 litres.
but it is undeniably good mileage......
i would agree with you on that. i vaguely remember having read about the 100ml bottle test to test mileage on bikes, long time back.
a tankful-to-tankful generally gives you a more practical number.
although i must say, these DDiS' / MJD / Dicor's seem to be capable of some astonishing mileage numbers.

Last edited by jagan0677 : 9th August 2008 at 22:13. Reason: Spell Check ;)
Old 10th August 2008, 22:35   #19

There has been few comments on mileage derived from only 4.72 lit of fuel and the possible error. I do not discount them. However, when I say tank full to tank full, it is not automatic dispenser shut off. But rather you stand next to guy who is filling and see to it that diesel is about to overflow from tank nozzle. That I beleive should be "fairly" good. However, as few of you have mentioned, there could be "some" error. May be a small air pocket which may not be visible and may bring about larger proportionate error. And since its only 4.72 lit, the error could be significant. Given these comments, I would say jury is not fully convinced and needs more evidence before verdict can be passed. I would be on another long run (Bangalore-Pune) this week when I would empty full tank in one go in 14 hours of non-stop run. I would report whatever I get and I think that should be good reference to look at.
Old 28th August 2008, 15:04   #20
BHPian

I had got 17.9kmpl in my Dzire Zdi in city conditions during run in period. After 1000km service, it has fallen down to 15kmpl. I am surious to know what's wrong in my car..
Old 28th August 2008, 15:13   #21
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabhb2000 View Post
I had got 17.9kmpl in my Dzire Zdi in city conditions during run in period. After 1000km service, it has fallen down to 15kmpl. I am surious to know what's wrong in my car..
I don't think anything is wrong with the car. Change your petrol bunk.

Edit: Where in delhi are you? Try an IOC Company Owned (COCO) outlet.
Old 28th August 2008, 15:20   #22
BHPian

Abhay what happened to your Bangalore-Pune run?
Old 28th August 2008, 15:34   #23
Senior - BHPian

Yeah Abhay, whatever happened to the Bangalore Pune run? I'm so amazed at your figures. Other D'zire owners, please post your FE figures as well.

If these figures are for real, I can see an immediate cost benefit in upgrading. My Santro gives me 13kmpl in city usually. Even 20 kmpl on diesel will be amazing news to my bank balance.
Old 28th August 2008, 16:30   #24
Senior - BHPian

Nice report and the FE wow!!! this what we the petrol heads can say. I envy you Abhay for the FE figures....
Old 28th August 2008, 16:41   #25
Senior - BHPian

Great report. But how did you manage that FE? Do you know of anyother dzire's having that kind of FE>??
Old 30th August 2008, 13:46   #26

Hi Guys,

Back with some more reporting. Been travelling:

1. Couple of Mysore-Bangalore runs.
2. A Mysore-Jog-Murudushewhar and back trip (approx 1000 kms)
3. A Bangalore-Pune-Indore and back (Approx 3500kms).

So now Odo stands at 9320 kms since 5 weeks of purchase. Soon to go for 3rd free service and 2nd oil change.

May be more details later, but let me give a quick feedback on FE which seems to be matter of keen interest.

I had couple of tank fulls over last 6000 kms since last report. I am always 100% AC and usually alone. Mileage seems to be greatly affected by:

1. Petrol pump (Please pick up a right one)
2. Speed. In fact this is killer.

Since last reporting:

Least I got was about 18kmpl. This is with heavy foot work and gear work, kind of agressive drives hovering around 120kmph or 1st gear drive in Malnad hilly areas with heavy rains where roads were completely washed out and visibility due to fog was max 2nd gear drive. Can not be really called as highway mileage. I am ok in the context.

Best I got was yesterday Pune-Bangalore return journey. Started at 11:00AM and reached Bangalore midnight 2AM (15 hours of non stop drive covering 875 kms on NH4). Usually hung around 80-90 kmph though sometime drifted to other side of 100. Also about 120 kms of bad stretch with sometimes no roads between Haveri and Chitradurga. 100% AC. Total of 878 kms in 33.7 lit of fuel giving mileage of 26.1 kmpl. In fact I have never driven so slow (80-90kmph) on NH4, but I see the benefits. Plus the fact that drive was more relaxed so I reached home much less tired. Usually it takes 12 hours for me, but this time it was 15 hours.

With this much on odo, it is quite feasible to get 26kmpl quite easily on highway if you are not heavy on your right foot and control your speed in 80-90 range. In fact I think I can stretch it to 28 kmpl after 3rd service which is due now. Will report more as I crunch more miles.

If you don't care a damn about fuel efficiency, I guess worst you can expect, even in city, would be around 18kmpl. In fact high speed (in excess of 120kmph on highway) will probably give you much less fuel efficiency than bumper to bumper city drive.
Old 30th August 2008, 23:15   #27
TOR
BHPian

Thats some amazing FE you are getting, what tyre pressures are you running?
Old 31st August 2008, 00:34   #28

Note from Support: Please use MULTI-QUOTE / QUOTE+ to quote and respond to multiple posts. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOR View Post
Thats some amazing FE you are getting, what tyre pressures are you running?
Well, I prefer to stick with comany specs, i.e. 32\29 psi for front\rear in cold condition.

But, as I said, what matters most, it seems, is petrol pump choice and speed on highway (keep it around 90) so as to have a light foot drive in final gear. Little bit extra push on right foot seems to cost you pretty heavy on FE. Keep it light for a change and see for yourself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabhb2000 View Post
As Eddy said.... look for a new petrol pump. Thats only explanation we can have, unless you have a leaking fuel tank!!!!

Last edited by aah78 : 1st September 2008 at 03:16. Reason: See note.
Old 31st August 2008, 01:48   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [B
Abhay.Neelwarne[/b];958992]
Least I got was about 18kmpl. This is with heavy foot work and gear work, kind of agressive drives hovering around 120kmph or 1st gear drive in Malnad hilly

Total of 878 kms in 33.7 lit of fuel giving mileage of 26.1 kmpl. In fact I have never driven so slow (80-90kmph) on NH4
@ @ Abhay.Neelwarne

Dude I think YOU & Your Car Are extraordinary/supernatural When It Comes to FE.

What Is so Different about Your Car ???? NOTHING
I think Calculating FE is were You are Goin Wrong.........
I told Your Cars Story to my friend (Who Has the same Car) we both had a big laugh when he Said: You can Only Desire to Get Such a FE in maurit dizier .
The Max he Got in Highway was 22.5 km/lts (80-90kmph).

I am sorry If I Have offended You, but I am just trying to show The correct Picture to the rest of fellow BHPians.

Suggestions:

Do Not tell Maruti about this ( They ll increase the price).
Do Let Me know,IF You Need any Help in Calculating FE .(Not the way You Calculate).

Last edited by aah78 : 1st September 2008 at 03:17. Reason: Quote fixed.
Old 31st August 2008, 02:31   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzy_2cool View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhay.Neelwarne View Post
Least I got was about 18kmpl. This is with heavy foot work and gear work, kind of agressive drives hovering around 120kmph or 1st gear drive in Malnad hilly

Total of 878 kms in 33.7 lit of fuel giving mileage of 26.1 kmpl. In fact I have never driven so slow (80-90kmph) on NH4,quote]

@ @ Abhay.Neelwarne

Dude I think YOU & Your Car Are extraordinary/supernatural When It Comes to FE.

What Is so Different about Your Car ???? NOTHING
I think Calculating FE is were You are Goin Wrong.........
I told Your Cars Story to my friend (Who Has the same Car) we both had a big laugh when he Said: You can Only Desire to Get Such a FE in maurit dizier .
The Max he Got in Highway was 22.5 km/lts (80-90kmph).

I am sorry If I Have offended You, but I am just trying to show The correct Picture to the rest of fellow BHPians.

Suggestions:

Do Not tell Maruti about this ( They ll increase the price).
Do Let Me know,IF You Need any Help in Calculating FE .(Not the way You Calculate).
I wish I had ways to just delete these ignorant comments.

What way my car is different??? I will tell you many things which you would have no clues... so do not indulge into hawa for nothing. I am being humble but that does not mean that I should stand to all your ignorance. So please understand the logic that this forum is all about debating and giving facts and not pulling down people (like me) based on your ignorance.

Anyway, can you please tell me how to calculate FE??? It seems I never knew after owning more than a dozen cars and having drinve more than 5 lakh kms on Indian roads for more than a dozen years in the past. I would be enlightened with your inputs. Thanks.

Last edited by aah78 : 1st September 2008 at 03:18. Reason: Quote fixed.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks