Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th August 2008, 10:29   #16
BHPian

Hearty Congratulations Mishraak, i too booked my i10 kappa magna last weekend, deep ocean blue colour. Most probably might get it in the first week of September. Will be looking forward to more inputs on the car from you.
Old 28th August 2008, 17:14   #17
BHPian

Sorry for the pics guys will update soon.
Today I visited the accessory showroom and get the ice and security devices installed

The list goes like
Front Components (Polk db6501) - 9500
Rear (polk db601) - 4000
Amp (Polk 200.4) - 14500
Scosche wiring power+rc for speakers 3000
Scosche RC Lead for woofer -1500

Seat Covers 4500
Remote Central Lock (Autocop 8850) - 3600
Gear Lock (Autocop) - 1100
Headlamps (Philips Ultravision) - 1000
Horn (Fiamme) - 750

Total 43450
less disc 5000
Net Paid 38450

I had Alpine ida-X100 Head unit and Pioneer Active bass tube
I played the Ipod and sound clarity is good

[quote=jango;956238 planning to pick up the sport version. Do you suggest the sports or do you think magna will do the job ..does paying an extra of apprx 25K be worth for the sportz model ?[/quote]

Sportz model has few additional features like Rear spoiler, chrome plated door handles, fog lamps, rear windscreen demister and rear wiper.

I have lived without all theses in my santro and never felt the need during the entire tenure of 5 and a half years, So I went for magna. Its upto you to decide.
Old 14th September 2008, 00:42   #18
BHPian

Hi Mishraak: Can you post pics of ur car and further driving experiences please?
Old 14th September 2008, 10:58   #19

Bought i10 Kappa Magna

Hi All,
Great to be in the forum. Am a newbie here and needless to say, this is my first post. I bought the i10 kappa Magna a fortnight before and so far it has been extremely good, except for mileage. I should accept that I haven't checked it carefully, but when I did the back calculations, it came out to somewhere between 7-9 which is pretty sorry. (I have an MT, not an AT). This is my first car and am a new driver and may be, that can explain things. However, I have a couple of doubts. (I consulted the manual. I should say, the manual is not one of the thoughtfully designed ones)

1. Opening the boot: I know that even basic cars have a button/lever that allows you to open the boot from the driver's seat. The i10 seems to lack it. Or is it that I have missed it? (I would love to be wrong here)

2. What are others' experience with the mileage of the kappa engine?

TIA
Sweet_Venom
Old 15th September 2008, 14:33   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chitbhanu View Post
Hi Mishraak: Can you post pics of ur car and further driving experiences please?
sorry for the pics guys I will update soon and let u all know

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet_Venom View Post
Hi All,
Great to be in the forum. Am a newbie here and needless to say, this is my first post. I bought the i10 kappa Magna a fortnight before and so far it has been extremely good, except for mileage. I should accept that I haven't checked it carefully, but when I did the back calculations, it came out to somewhere between 7-9 which is pretty sorry. (I have an MT, not an AT). This is my first car and am a new driver and may be, that can explain things. However, I have a couple of doubts. (I consulted the manual. I should say, the manual is not one of the thoughtfully designed ones)

1. Opening the boot: I know that even basic cars have a button/lever that allows you to open the boot from the driver's seat. The i10 seems to lack it. Or is it that I have missed it? (I would love to be wrong here)

2. What are others' experience with the mileage of the kappa engine?

TIA
Sweet_Venom
actually in magna the boot lock is disengaged when you unlock the driver's door, this is ridiculous becoz if you open door for passengers the boot becomes unsafe.

there are other issues too, like there is no automatic intermittent mode for wiper operation, you have to flick the lever upwards and wiper operates for once. Also wiper doesnt come automatically when you are washing the windshield.

My car is only 750Kms/one month old. On the mileage front, I have tank filled only twice after the intial tank-full fill, In the first fill I got 11.8kmpl and this time It came out to be 12.6, all figures in city driving with around 40-50% ac, I am a smoker so mostly keep window open.

Initially after a week I had a problem of sluggishness, misfiring and starting, being a old hyundai owner I had a notion that any trouble code might have creeped into the ECU. Took it to Deep Hyundai, a mechanic attended to my problem and said "Sir is gaadi mein jagah to hoti nahin aur aapne CNG lagwa li" ( there is already lack of space and you have got cng installed). He might have been fooled by amp wires. I explained him with love that my dear watson this is not cng, this is the newer engine and please dont touch it. He took a round of the car looking at all details and called for the senior mechanic who test drove and said actuator dirty, I said "only after 400kms" he said "pollution, adultrated fuel", he opened it up and cleaned the actuator. My problem was solved.

Driving experience is much better than a santro, seats are very comfortable. Gear shift is butter smooth and is easily reachable, but the knob could have more rounded as I always keep left hand on the lever. Steering is lighter than santro, I some times park my sisters santro xing and feels like you are driving a ambassdor.

Pickup is awesome, I took the courage and floored the throttle, even at 120 the car was rock stable, I negotiated a turn at around 90kph and body roll was very little, steering precision was very good. Then I realised "oye this is your own new car" and immediately released the pedal

There is a slight problem with this engine, its needs revving, when you slow down say to around 30 and are taking off in third gear you feel the sluggishness.

First gear I have not revved too much, my max speeds for other gears - 2nd gear - 60kmph, 3rd gear - 100, fourth-100, fifth-120. Even at 100 in third gear you will not feel the engine vibration inside the cabin. I realised this only when i saw 90 at 5500rpm and cabin was so calm. Immediately switched to fourth gear "oof"

I am waiting for the first service interval. Will keep all of you updated and pics coming soon.
Old 15th September 2008, 18:23   #21

Thanks for your post mishraak. Also, the odo doesn't show fractions of kilometres driven, does it? I find that ridiculous! I do agree that there might have been some miscaliberation from my side on the mileage front. Will recheck that.
Old 16th September 2008, 09:39   #22
BHPian

Pics of my car

Today I clicked the snaps with my mobile while going to office, please bear with the quality.
Attached Thumbnails
Booked Champagne Gold, i10 Kappa Magna-img_0017w.jpg  

Booked Champagne Gold, i10 Kappa Magna-img_0018w.jpg  

Booked Champagne Gold, i10 Kappa Magna-img_0016w.jpg  

Old 19th September 2008, 22:39   #23
Senior - BHPian

Champagne Gold seems the hot favorite! I personally preferrd the red color (not the bright red).
Glad you're wnjoying your car!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks