Team-BHP - My Yellow vRS Monster
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/)
-   -   My Yellow vRS Monster (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/45433-my-yellow-vrs-monster.html)

Hi Guys,
I have finally got myself a Yellow Skoda “RS”. All I can say after driving it around for over a week now is that “ITS AWESOME”. It was a month long search before I found this babe.

It all started in June when I was going through the classifieds and saw an RS for sale. I have always wanted to own on of these monsters. Just love them. Called the dealer and went over for a TD the same evening. I was simply blown away by the performance but not very happy with the way the car was maintained(lot of torn leather and dirty interiors) and the spider alloys were missing in the car. My hands were shaking after driving the RS and it did not stop till I took a few drags off my ciggy. Now my mind and heart started racing and I decided I needed to sell my Lancer sfxi to fund my RS. Had lot of enquiries for my lancer and finally sold it off for a very good price. But this process of selling my lancer took over a month and the Yellow RS had dissappeared from the market. 1 week , 2- weeks, 3- weeks but no sign of any RS in the city. Got few bhpians, friends, foes, brother. his friends. Dad, his friends and god knows who else to look out for an RS. I was stuck using the spare Santro at home and then desperation starting setting in. Everybody at home left on a holiday the 4th weekend but I stayed back so that I find my RS. The classifieds on Sunday had few petrol tpi skodas. Out of desperation I checked few out but was very unhappy. Sunday goes next what?...

Monday head to office dejected. Bro calls me at 11 and says I have found a RS but have no details yet. He said he will get the details by afternoon and hopefully get a TD. Start praying. Bro calls at 3 pm and says come out of office. I walk out and I find a Yellow RS parked. Fall in love with it at first sight. Bro is beaming and so am I. Bro had literally stolen this car out of another buyers hand and brought it for a TD. This was a different car from the previously driven RS. It is completely stock. Take a TD. Car has run 40k but feels new. Interiors are immaculate so is the exterior except for few minor scratches on the front bumper. Everything alright, car just needs a service. Gave bro some money to pay up as token advance. He negotiated and brought down the price by 40k.

Delivery is slated for Wednesday. Pick up the car which has been completely cleaned and looks and smells and also feels new. In fact the carpet stickers/covers are still on. Drive back the clutch feels a little hard but friend(owns a diesel skoda) tells me its normal. Everybody on the road has his/her eyes fixed on my babe. I just love the performance, seats, sunroof and the muscular lines and feel of the car. Finally feel I have achieved something in life by buying this monster.

1 week down the line: Car has been serviced and was given a clean chit. Been ripping the yellow monster around and it gives about 10.5 with AC in the city now(even my lancer used to give me only 9). I just love the raw monstrous power, pickup and solid feel. Just drool looking at it. Oozes of testosterone. Its been such a chick magnet guys. Been thinking of stage 1 but will get used to the car first. Highest speed I have done has been 180 effortlessly. Hope to do more once I get onto the highways.

Moral of the story: Whaterver happens, happens for the good.(If I bought the first RS I wouldn’t have got this immaculate car)

Will post pics tonite as I have to head off for my Birthday party. BTW this car was my Birthday Gift to myself.

Very Rash Skoda ?

With great power (read Bhp) comes great responsibilites (safe driving)

Cant wait to get the pics!! And yeah Happy Birthday pal :)

Hey congrats on the car. Especially since you got it after a long search. Do post some nice snaps.
I do see a yellow vRS occasionally on the roads. Looks nice.

Quote:

Originally Posted by redsfx
Been ripping the yellow monster around and it gives about 10.5 with AC in the city now(even my lancer used to give me only 9).

If inspite of all the ripping, you get 10.5 with a/c on, that is just awesome. clap:

And BTW, many happy returns of the day.

What is regular drive route? I guess i should be careful if this overlaps with my route :)

Happy Birthday to you and what better gift can you present yourself on this day than a RS :thumbs up

Congrats..!!The RS is suerly a beast and fun car to drive,very nice way to give a treat yourself..Happy Birthday :)

Ramie

Congrats buddy!!! The used RS is best bang for the buck.. Enjoy it

Thanks a lot guys. Love every bit of it. Will be careful(pull my foot off the pedal) escpecially when I see a bhpian on the road.

Congrats on the car. Love the rs in yellow. Now we need some pics and isn't it time to update your profile picture ?

Here are the pics guys. Will get better pics later when I find time.

Here are the few pictures.

Woo-hoo, does look all wicked.

Just a few doubts. Does the vRS and the 1.8TPI share the same engine ? And how about the performance figures for both ? Is the bhp, torque and stuff the same ie. is the state of tune the same ? Basically just wondering whether it is just some cosmetic stuff that differentiates the two cars ? And what is the price difference between the 2 cars (when new) ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by supremeBaleno (Post 969722)
Woo-hoo, does look all wicked.

Just a few doubts. Does the vRS and the 1.8TPI share the same engine ? And how about the performance figures for both ? Is the bhp, torque and stuff the same ie. is the state of tune the same ? Basically just wondering whether it is just some cosmetic stuff that differentiates the two cars ? And what is the price difference between the 2 cars (when new) ?

SB,
I think the vRS has an Audi engine.

redsfx,
Better pics mangta hai!!

Congratulations, redsfx. Happy birthday too. :)
Quote:

Yes. Wheels and tyres, xenons, headlamp washer, sunroof, red/yellow colours ,etc are the extras on the RS.
If you want the car for the engine alone, then its the TPi.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fountainheader
SB, I think the vRS has an Audi engine.

Reason I asked was I faintly remember reading in some other thread that it is only some cosmetic stuff that separates the 2 cars. Hence wanted to confirm.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fountainheader
redsfx, Better pics mangta hai!!

+1 to that. And this time around, try moving away from the P.C.Shreeram school of lighting and get us some nice pics of the yellow babe in good light. :)

EDIT : I knew I could trust the Chennai youth (nitrous) to answer the queries. :)

BTW, nitrous, what was the price difference between the 2 cars when they were sold ? I guess the vRS is discontinued, but is the TPi still available new ?

Hey dude nice car there
any mods to it at the moment
so it makes 3 of us

Me, Ashish22 and you to acquire the vRs within 2 months.!