Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th September 2008, 22:21   #1

Booked New Black Palio SDX

Finally booked the beauty a couple of days back. Dont know why but hardly have any waiting time sales chap at the VST motors here in chennai says I can take delivery by sunday.
I have an important question guys since I have no time at all literally. How important is it to check the car pre-registraton.

Planing on geting an Alpine CDA 9886 and 6k components. Wanted to get the illusions El 6.1 but couldnt find a dealer in chennai.

Cheers...cant wait.

cheers:
Old 18th September 2008, 08:25   #2
BHPian

@ butcher
Congrats on the Italian Beast !
Its recommend visiting the dealerships stockyard and checking your car prior to registration.

This Will help You.

ARTICLE: Pre-delivery Inspection & Check List
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/buying...heck-list.html
Old 18th September 2008, 09:06   #3
Senior - BHPian

It is important enough to be happy with your purchase, that you got an impeccable ride

And do search / post in the In-Car Entertainment section - the Gurus will definitely get you to what you want!
Old 18th September 2008, 09:17   #4
BANNED

Great, One more in the club. Just look at some items in the checklist with your dealer.
Good that you don't have any wait time.
Old 18th September 2008, 11:21   #5
BHPian

First of all CONGRATS.

I didnt had any issues with the car though its always better to check it before registration. Once registered its all yours.

Are you getting any discounts/Freebies?
Old 18th September 2008, 12:43   #6
BHPian

Congrats for your decision!

Could you enlighten us with your decision making process?
Which cars you considered before deciding on Palio MJD?
why you chose Palio over others?
and so on...
Old 18th September 2008, 13:17   #7
BHPian

congratz dude
excellant choice!!
enjoy the black beauty
Old 18th September 2008, 13:49   #8
BHPian

This morning I saw Palio Stile 1.6 Sport with Red Logo and my eyes lit up. I believe FIAT PALIO STILE PETROL versions come with Blue logo. All vehicles starting Palio MJD come with new RED LOGO.

Has this changed? Has FIAT started putting RED LOGO on Petrol Stiles as well?

If that is the case then I think it's a very good news. If this happens I believe many would consider buying Palio Stile Petrol.
Old 18th September 2008, 14:20   #9
Senior - BHPian

Congrats mate.. Awesome choice of an awesome car!! Enjoy your italian beauty and drive safe!!!

ICE section is the best and one stop shop for all your ICE queries. Do post in the ICE section and you will have your answers soon.
Old 18th September 2008, 15:00   #10
BHPian

Congrats. Good choice.

It's very important that you go to the dealer's stockyard and check the car yourself prior to going for registration.
Old 18th September 2008, 15:44   #11
Senior - BHPian

Congrats man. Drive safe in your tank
Old 18th September 2008, 18:01   #12
BHPian

new Red logo on 1.6 Sports, sure?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autocop View Post

This morning I saw Palio Stile 1.6 Sport with Red Logo and my eyes lit up. I believe FIAT PALIO STILE PETROL versions come with Blue logo. All vehicles starting Palio MJD come with new RED LOGO.

Has this changed? Has FIAT started putting RED LOGO on Petrol Stiles as well?

If that is the case then I think it's a very good news. If this happens I believe many would consider buying Palio Stile Petrol.
Are you sure that was a 1.6 Sports model? Since only the MJD is customized for the new Red logo while the 1.6 and 1.1 comes in the older Blue logo only.

I'm saying this as I got 1.6 Sports this month

And I dont think the red logo was a deterring for people to go for Stile 1.6 Sports

Poor sales, poor A.S.S and psychological effects of the past has contributed for new Palio Stile rare/unique on the roads(atleast in Navi Mumbai/Mumbai)

Last edited by rudrah : 18th September 2008 at 18:02.
Old 18th September 2008, 18:05   #13
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on your new buy. Do post the pics once you have the car and drive safe.
Old 18th September 2008, 18:13   #14
BHPian

Congrats sir,
I am from Chennai and have a SIENA 1.2.Really could not resist myself buying a MJD.But now i have come to a conclusion to buy a GP or LINEA(coz they are the new gen world cars for FIAT).BTW you have booked at VST.Who was the sales guy?Kadar Badsha or Hari or someone else.But if it is Kadar do refer my name as Vignesh with the SIENA.He will do the needful.

Vignesh
Old 18th September 2008, 18:34   #15

Thanks a lot for all the replies guys....means a lot.

Freebies yeah the usual mudflaps and floor mats though was told I couldnt get 3M tints free so will be paying for that. Other than these getting a whole tank of fuel..pretty shocked when I heard thought I might get a 5ltr coupon or something like that.

As for my reasons on this car.
Long distances 40kms one way to work not to mention field visits so will be doing minimum 2000kms a month thats why a diesel.
After that fixed my budget and the same cars popped up ...yes u guessed it the swift and the palio. Was initially apprehensive about the fiat but then read on this forum about the positive response and the classy engine.
Also wanted a tank with good clearance and nice ride since the areas I have to travel resemble war torn sudan .
But what really did it for me was the number of swifts on the road.

My sister went to check the car out today before registration. Slightly dusty no visible scratches/damage and Odo: 57kms. Noted down the engine number .

Yeah been trolling the ICE section for almost 2 months now . Problem is it'l take me 3months on this pathetic salary to save up for a nice setup and thats just the initial bit ...looking at an amp and rear ovals/comps long term.

Cant wait
cheers:

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks