last two pictures of the trip.
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat MJD 4000Kms, First time driver-bangalore-trip-1st-013.jpg  

Fiat MJD 4000Kms, First time driver-bangalore-trip-1st-067.jpg  

Old 7th October 2008, 13:51   #32
BHPian

WOW!!!!!

Dr, those are some awesome pictures.

Update at my end, had Greentracks pick up my car. Told Mr Babu i am getting low milage can you please check if the car is OK.

Mr Babu checked and reported 15 kmpl 50% Ac without overdrive on 5th :((

So i am back to square one.

i am getting about 12.5 kmpl avg. Somebody take pity and teach me how to drive a diesel....
Old 7th October 2008, 20:27   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AadiAtPlay View Post
WOW!!!!!

Dr, those are some awesome pictures.

Update at my end, had Greentracks pick up my car. Told Mr Babu i am getting low milage can you please check if the car is OK.

Mr Babu checked and reported 15 kmpl 50% Ac without overdrive on 5th :((

So i am back to square one.

i am getting about 12.5 kmpl avg. Somebody take pity and teach me how to drive a diesel....
Lets meet up some day Aadi,
I had gone to Greentracks today to fix my puncture tyre after Pondy trip ,they charged me Rs 110 ,while talking to Babu he asked me about my trip told him about the awesome FE which my car gave then he started telling me your FE story, that you are geting very low FE and also said that he did a TD and proved that your car is giving 15+ FE by the way I am still getting an excellent/mind blowing FE:

Touchwood & thank god In City I am getting 20.8 Km/ltr & Pondy Trip :22.6 Km/ltr .

Last edited by jazzy_2cool : 7th October 2008 at 20:28.
Old 8th October 2008, 14:47   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzy_2cool View Post
Lets meet up some day Aadi,
i dont think i can PM, i am a newbie but if you pm me i can share my contact details and then we can take if from there ....

But Mr Babu smoothened the car further. WOW it moves so smoothly i was shocked. 4th on 30 no shuddering very little change in sound but lucky for me window were down(kerosene smell after they cleaned the car) i heard the slight change in engine sound and checked my speed and gear.

Went for a ripping drive got yo 60 on 4th @2000 rpm and 80+ on 4th rpm around 2500 iguess not sure then decided to behave and shifted to 5th
Old 25th October 2008, 11:42   #35
BHPian

I recently noticed that the hand brake indicator on the dash lights up as soon as i shift the gear from 2nd to 3rd or 3rd to 4th. the indicator light goes off as soon as i release the clutch after the gear change. Can someone help me with this? Otherwise the car is perfectly fine and is very smooth and super silent after the service @7500.
Old 26th October 2008, 00:25   #36
Senior - BHPian

It's happenned to me on two-three occassions.

First occassion was when I was tackling a steep incline at Nainital (1st gear only slope, you know) I think the tilting of the container cylinder was giving an erroneaous reading to the sensor.

It has also been happening while pressing the clutch (especially during quick shifts) on one-two occassions (maybe more, but I don't keep looking at the dash all the time). I think I will just check the level of brake-clutch fluid tomorrow and get a top-up, that's all because I am running on original factory fluid for 11,000 kms without top-ups.
Old 29th October 2008, 14:48   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmessiah View Post
I recently noticed that the hand brake indicator on the dash lights up as soon as i shift the gear from 2nd to 3rd or 3rd to 4th. the indicator light goes off as soon as i release the clutch after the gear change. Can someone help me with this? Otherwise the car is perfectly fine and is very smooth and super silent after the service @7500.
Dr, i dont know if this can help but there is a white plastic button just under the handbrake, when the hand brake is "off" this button is pressed.

If i press this button when the handbrake is "on"/"pulled up" the light on the dash goes off.

Check this button first may be something is causing a loose contact here. If you dont feel like the brake is engaged when the light comes on this might be the case.

My update:
Changed my driving style and stopped lugging the car got 14.73 kmpl in city over 32 litres measured tankful to tankful. Now will fill tank more often as the tire pressure had dropped abysmally because of almost 2 weeks gap and change of weather.

Last edited by AadiAtPlay : 29th October 2008 at 14:51.
Old 30th October 2008, 13:17   #38
BHPian

Thanks for the nice review and detailing about the car. After all its Fiat's technology everyone is using
Old 1st November 2008, 15:52   #39
BHPian

Hi,
The erroneous reading of the handbrake indicator has been sorted out. Like architect guessed it right, it was the tilting of the brake fluid container with low brake fluid. I topped up all the oils in the car and the light does nt show like it used to.
Thanks Architech and Aadiatplay for the hints.
Cheers.
Old 1st November 2008, 21:41   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Its been 3 months since i bought the Palio multijet. The going has been fantastic and every time I take the car out I really enjoy driving it. Its due for the second service @ 7500KM. During the first service the Dealers didnt change the respective oils which they will in the second service. The car is rattle free and still feels and smells new. I bought the car and did the 1st service @ koyenco motors Calicut. They attended the car and was happy with the 1st service. They keep reminding me about my 2nd service too. Maybe by next month I can give the car for the second service.
Drmessiah, Congrats for owning the beauty!

Amazing pics. Especially the first one really eye pleasing.

Enjoy your ride and drive safe.
Old 10th November 2008, 09:28   #41
BHPian

My update,

did second service at Green tracks at 5500Km as the 6 month deadline was up.

Costed me almost 2K with some extra Wheel balancing to be done along with pickup and drop(Rs150)

But now i have a problem the NVH has **gone up** i expected it to go down.
The most vibrations i felt were when the car was low on tire pressue and i notices only when i saw the ORVM shaking while idling. Now i feel the vibration in the steering gearlever and the pedals too.

Any clue why this is? I plan to drive the car this entire week and if the vibrations dont go i am taking it right back on next saturday.

My gear shifting pattern also seems to have changed. The car seems to want to take lower gears for longer and at higher rpms too for e.g. i used shift from 3rd to 4th at 1800 rpm around 35-40 kmph, with no problems; now i try that the engine noise changes, the engine seems happy only if i upshift from 3rd at 2K+ around 45kmph the engine noise stays the same.

the Fuel gauge also seems to show fuel consumed at an alarming rate!!! Well i am still on course for my old average of 14.5-15 kmpl but still this time i thought i might do better.

(Note I do *not* suspect fuel pilferage during service, the fuel consumption was monitored while driving after service.)

Hi drmessiah,
Glad your problem got fixed. I dint realize the parking brake used brake fluid, Thanks Architect and drmessiah.
Cheers
Aadi

Last edited by AadiAtPlay : 10th November 2008 at 09:32.
Old 10th November 2008, 12:29   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi drmessiah,
Glad your problem got fixed. I dint realize the parking brake used brake fluid, Thanks Architect and drmessiah.
Cheers
Aadi
Quote:
Hi,
The erroneous reading of the handbrake indicator has been sorted out. Like architect guessed it right, it was the tilting of the brake fluid container with low brake fluid. I topped up all the oils in the car and the light does nt show like it used to.
Thanks Architech and Aadiatplay for the hints.
Cheers.
Happy to Help (don't mistake me for Vodafone )
Old 10th November 2008, 12:45   #43
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Quote:
Costed me almost 2K with some extra Wheel balancing to be done along with pickup and drop(Rs150)
Could you give the details, please or put up a scanned image of the bill? It would help others to compare the charges.

Quote:
I dint realize the parking brake used brake fluid,
It is not that the parking brake uses brake fluid. That indicator is for both the parking brake as well as the level of the brake fluid. So with the handbrake not engaged and it is 'on' you will have to check the brake fluid level.

If I am not mistaken, it is even more critical for the Palio, as the clutch system also uses the same 'brake fluid' for its operation and so would affect both the systems if the fluid is low.
Old 17th November 2008, 13:45   #44
BHPian

2nd update after 2nd service

A few hundred km driven, ripped the car on 3rd (it is not possible to safely do that on any higher gear in bangalore city) got to about 60 @ 3K rpm approx for about 500 metres, did not mean to do it though but the car felt wonderful. After that sort of wild madness seized me did inner ring road with windows down @80 on 5th just to feel the wind in my hair.

The initial complaints of NVH have all gone guess the oil needed to be bedded in.

Economy seems to have gone up but will wait for next tankful to post. The sudden drop in fuel i guess cause the oil was not bedded in. Fuel guage shows half way thru the third quarter section with 400 on the odo so economy by dead reckoning should be 15.xx, this is after all the stunts mentioned above.

The car seems much more powerful now, thanks to increased feedback almost feel like i am driving the engine but this feels more like a feature than a bug.
Old 18th November 2008, 02:06   #45
BHPian

Quote:
(it is not possible to safely do that on any higher gear in bangalore city) got to about 60 @ 3K rpm approx for about 500 metres, wild madness seized me did inner ring road with windows down @80 on 5th just to feel the wind in my hair.
Just an update Come further down after green tracks ,wild madness will be all over you.New Roads are too Good and the beast can easly be pushed above 100.

When are we meeting up??
My car has come almost near to its 7th refill with 740 km up in the odo,with the Amber Led On,expecting FE of 21+ ,now lets see.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks