Team-BHP - Ordered my Fiat 500! EDIT: Delivery taken; Pics on Page 6
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/)
-   -   Ordered my Fiat 500! EDIT: Delivery taken; Pics on Page 6 (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/46870-ordered-my-fiat-500-edit-delivery-taken-pics-page-6-a.html)

Hi Guys,

I have been around these forums for quiet some time now but was unable to post as my account was not activated !!, and thanks to Team BHP member i was kept in constant update regarding the launch of the 500, I have ordered a Pasodoble Red 500 in sports 1.3 MJ diesel on the 26th of July and expect the delivery in the 3rd week of November.

Now many of you will just say that I am a rich spoilt brat or I am stupid to get a two door "FROG"

I had seen this car in UK and actually see it everyday as I am student here in Oxford, and I love it, I am also a member of a 500 club here so I exchange views with other owners and there feedback is that it is an amazing car.

Currently I have a Swift ZXI back in India and it is a lovely car but unfortunately the avergae is ver low between 5-7 KM per litre, so I had to change my car which is only 3 years old, I considered the Fabia but when I came to know the 500 is coming I knew I would just get it.

It was quiet hard to convince my father, who was also right on his part that it is too expensive as it was a small car but still I some how managed it and trust me I am not one of the showy guys, when I buy something I know what I am buying.

Cheers
Omar :thumbs up

there is no doubt its a classic design:thumbs up

and as far as frog look is concerned there are a lot of hatchbacks which look like frogs

infact then you should consider the old fiat 500 as frog like

personally i love the car and i think omaragra has got good aste than saying he is a spoilt brat
besides mini cooper and vw beetle are also charging undue premium just for exclusivity

i am waiting to see your car brocheers:

Thanks Man

I am getting the car just because I like not because it is expensive or anything !!

Omar

WOW!!! Lovely, As of now, it is my fav car (below 20 lacs) on indian streets. Also, did you manage to see the Options List?? It is crazily overpriced!!

Hi Guys,

Ya the features on the 500 both sports and the lounge versions are the same as the U.K., so the car is fully loaded, it is only manufactured in Poland, so going to come from there.

There is blue and me-basically it connects ur phone via bluetooth to ur car and the car speaks to you letting you know you have a new sms or you can dial a number by calling out the person's name etc. Of course as yo know the dashboard is body colour matching, in my case red. Then there is a new thing called DRL- Day Running Lights, they are some thing found on the Audi A4 (they certainly are more stylish on the A4), on the 500 they are just two small lights, they are supposed to be switched on during the day, I dunno why !! And there are loads of other stuff.

Only one colour is not being offered in India, I don't know why ? but it's called Funk white-it is kind of pearl white.

Cheers

Omar

Quote:

Originally Posted by omaragra (Post 1002096)
Only one colour is not being offered in India, I don't know why ? but it's called Funk white-it is kind of pearl white.

Are you sure about that? For which version Sports or the Lounge or both? Which one have you ordered?

In any case, I think you are one lucky guy. You do have a taste for the better things in life. Atleast here on team-bhp, you wont be considered a jerk spending Civic money on a small hatch (hopefully). Looking forward to the first (propably the only) long term review on the super hatch.Good luck!

congrats Omar. the 500 is a very nice car -- even though it is expensive.!!!

Look forward to a long term report from you.

Thanks guys for the positive replies,

Quote:

Originally Posted by roms (Post 1002377)
Are you sure about that? For which version Sports or the Lounge or both? Which one have you ordered?

In any case, I think you are one lucky guy. You do have a taste for the better things in life. Atleast here on team-bhp, you wont be considered a jerk spending Civic money on a small hatch (hopefully). Looking forward to the first (propably the only) long term review on the super hatch.Good luck!

Yes there are a total of 12 colours and only 11 are being offered here for both the versions. I have ordered the Sports, because the seats on the sports are much better, the lounge seats look like a sofa :eek:.

Civic is a good car to be honest. But again I prefer a small car, easy to park, easy to drive. I have only driven once my father's E-Class and it's a lovely car but man it felt like driving a tank.

Let's hope Fiat delivers the car on time (By end of November), or else I'll be pissed. All cars are made to order, so if i cancel my order the advance amount will not be refunded :Shockked:

Once again Thanks

omar

so finally there is one person atleast who would drive the beauty. overpriced is one thing, the love for the car is another. congrats omar, and we do expect a full blown pictorial review of your car! and do let us know whether fiat service to you is any different to the zillion palio owners (now that your car is severely priced high) :)

you are at agra, else if in bangalore i would have helped you get some real good SLR snaps of your beauty. but on another note, that you own a fiat 500, perhaps you own an SLR already and maybe even have a paid photographer at your disposal :) - just kidding!

enjoy your ride!

Hey GeekSrik,

Thanks for the photo shoot offer :) nahhh !! I don't have a SLR, only a digital camera which is 3 years old must amazing !! To be honest I am not excepting much from Fiat when it comes to servicing, also I am getting all the accessories from here U.K. including touch up paint !! They have no idea about the car's features nothing.

When I went to see the car, I knew more than the sales guy, I showed him how to use many of the features lol:

Quote:

Originally Posted by omaragra (Post 1001659)
Currently I have a Swift ZXI back in India and it is a lovely car but unfortunately the avergae is ver low between 5-7 KM per litre, so I had to change my car which is only 3 years old, I considered the Fabia but when I came to know the 500 is coming I knew I would just get it.

Swift returns an average of 5-7 kmpl ? Which area do you live in man ? Hills & mountains ?

Anyways congrats on the 500! Makes you unique in every sense :)

Hey there, congrats Omar. A cheeky car with wonderful looks. What we liked about this car is it manages to be practical without being boring.

If you are going for the diesel, make sure the knocking noise of the transmission is properly fitted with an engine damper. It is a complaint we are reading and hearing about. Some said, that the fitting doesn't come standard.

Its handling being better than the Panda won our hearts.

No wonder, it is the European Car of the Year 2008. It simply puts a smile on ones face.

Congrats Omar.. It is indeed 1st in my hearing too.. It is true a purchase made by heart and i must congratulate you for same.

Do update the thread with lots of pics and ownership review !!

congrats Omar !! Excellent choice :)

one question - if there was a petrol 500 in india, would you have chosen that over the diesel. A lot of my friends in europe tell me, the petrol is definitely more preferred for sportiness over the diesel. Also from the top gear and 5th gear review videos, they suggest the petrol.

congrats again hope to see some pics soon :thumbs up

Quote:

Originally Posted by jassi (Post 1002471)
congrats Omar !! Excellent choice :)

one question - if there was a petrol 500 in india, would you have chosen that over the diesel. A lot of my friends in europe tell me, the petrol is definitely more preferred for sportiness over the diesel. Also from the top gear and 5th gear review videos, they suggest the petrol.

congrats again hope to see some pics soon :thumbs up

Hi Mate,

I would have loved to get the 1.4 petrol, it is supposed to be really cool !
But unfortunately its only diesel option, it's the same engine as the swift diesel but of course tweaked ! So it should not be that bad.

Cheers

P.S. Why do posts take soo long to appear after I have posted them