Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd November 2008, 12:00   #16
Senior - BHPian

Somehow i feel they should have options in beige as well as black/grey interiors,as white car beige interior does not GEL too very well,and Getz black interior looks fab and too sporty with all those switch/knob/speedo lights
Old 14th November 2008, 21:22   #17
k10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramie2400 View Post
Somehow i feel they should have options in beige as well as black/grey interiors,as white car beige interior does not GEL too very well,and Getz black interior looks fab and too sporty with all those switch/knob/speedo lights
I totally agree with you Ramie. I am planning to get customized seat covers; art leather, but designed to meet my whims and fancies
Old 1st December 2008, 12:19   #18
k10
BHPian

Getz 1.3 GLS 2345 Km Report

Hello There!!
First of, apologies for being 345 kms late in bringing the update.

Secondly, the update:
  1. I have made a couple of trips to Mumbai, and the ride has been a dream come true! The car handles very well on the highway, and is quick to respond. I touched 150 kmph just to test the car's stability. And boy, am i pleased!! It stayed very stable till 140, and at 150 i felt some vibrations through the chassis. The car was so silent, that my wife, who was sleeping in the passenger side, did not even realise we were travelling at such a high speed. NOTE [Note: I am not a speed demon, and would not recommend any one to travel at such a high speed. I was fortunate to have a clean, clear and straight road with full visibility, and hence i tried higher speeds.[
  2. Before the first service, i got a mileage of 9.5 in the city of Mumbai. I was told that this was excellent mileage for the Getz, that too in Mumbai. I, being used to Maruti 800's mileage standards, was a little bit disappointed, but well, i am getting used to it.
  3. I had a narrow escape in Mumbai on the Tusli Pipe road. I am telling this because this is important for all to know. I was on Tulsi Pipe road going towards Lower Parel, when a Audi Q7 whizzed past me from the left. The wrong side for overtaking in the first place. AS soon as i realised what had happened, i was in for another shock. A Innova was also trying to overtake me from the left, to catch up with the speeding Audi. However, just at that moment, a BEST bus, which had stopped at one of the bus stands, also started, thereby sqeezing the Innova, between my car and the Bus. The Innova was still speeding (about 80kmph atleast), and i was pushed into the right curb. I had the presence of mind to speed immediately, and naarowly escape being crushed. The Innova suddenly breaked to avoid hitting me full on, and in the process, a second Innova rammed into the first one. The second Innova was at such a high speed that its engine was ripped apart. The front of the car was totally crushed! Apparently, the first Innova was carrying the body guards of the person in the Audi. And in an effort to stay with their 'precious' cargo, they decided to flout all rules and put the lives of other at danger. Thankfully, there wasnt much damage to my car, and we escaped with a minor scratch. Painful though!
  4. The car gave me a mileage of 15 on the highway, before the first service.
  5. At 1400 kms i gave the car for its first service. I have to say, thought the pick up and drop from Sanjay Hyundai's service center is prompt, their service levels are not up to the mark. At the first service, i got the car underbody anti-rust coated. When the car came to me, it looked like a service left mid way. The car wasnt clean properly, the foot mats weren't dry (which could damage the under carpet), and even the wiper baldes were not cleaned properly. Needless to say, i was cheesed off, and complained to the service head. He has assured me that i would not get a chance to complain the next time around. Let us see.
  6. Post service, i got a mileage of 16 on the highway, and 12ish in the city.
  7. The car seems a little more 'open' now, if i can call it that. The power and pick up at the second gear has improved. City driving has never been more pleasant.
  8. Meanwhile some one also adivsed me to go in for Nitrogen filling in the tires. Apparently, since Nitrogen is lighter than regular air, the mileage improves, and the gas staysin the tires for 4-5 months. I am yet to test that theory. Any pointer would be helpful, though i will post this query in the forums as well.
  9. I am happy with the Getz 1.3 GLS.
  10. Next update at 10k.
Old 1st December 2008, 12:50   #19
BHPian

Great going k10 !! Getz has been one of my favourite cars and my wife and I rented a 1.5 ltr auto 3-door hatch in Melbourne to drive around for our last minute work before winding up and returning to Chennai. It was a lovely car. We were planning to go for a Getz sometime in 2009, but looks like it would be replaced by the i20 by then.

Congrats and enjoy your Getz Prime 1.3

Warm regards,
Venkat
Old 1st December 2008, 16:46   #20
k10
BHPian

Thanks VSG12777.

It is indeed a remarkable car.
Old 11th April 2009, 15:54   #21
k10
BHPian

Getz 1.3 GLS 5200 kms Update

Hi All,
I am kinda late in posting this, but better late than never.

My Getz just crossed 5.2 km on the ODO. I have the second service done.

Between the first and the second service the mileage has been fluctuating between 11-14 in the city, and 15-16 on the highway. After the second service it gave me a highway mileage of 18 though!! That was a pleasant surprise!

I sent the car for the second free service to Sanjay Hyundai, Pune. They arranged for a pick and drop (which is not charged now), and gave me the car back in about 5 hours time. A couple of points about their service though:
  1. After service, the car doesnt feel as if it underent an 80 point check. I remember, whenever i used to get the M800 services, I used to feel a definite spunk in the car for a couple of days. Nothing here.
  2. The cleaners are Sanjay Hyundai Service scratched the bonnet of the car. Needless to say, this cheesed me off big time. Though it was not a major scratch, or paint off kinda thing, it was enough for me to lose it. These folks have still not called to follow up with me, and inspite of reminder to the delivery guy, nothing has been done.
  3. The cleaning has not been to my hearts content, and i feel, that if i paid 50 bucks to my morning cleaning guy, he would do a much better job. Th mats are not dry, there is some dust here and there. Even the wheel balancing was not done properly.
  4. Overall, not a satisfactory job.
Post the service, i got the opportunity to test the space insie the car. I had to shift some stuff from Pune to Mumbai, and i loaded the car to the brim. Surprisingly, the car handled very well on the Expressway, and did not feel as if i had kept any stuff in it at all.

I am glad that i chose this car after all. So far so good.

Next update at 10k.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks