Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th October 2008, 23:56   #1
BANNED

Ownersip report of my new Swift VDI - 5 years & 78,500 kms update

Hi All,

Am glad to inform you that i have purchased a swift VDI white on 9th october 08.

My feedbacks are as below,

Interiors..

Well it is far better that my indica V2 2004.The dash board quality is fine with me,but then the door panels could have been better.Rattlings started right from the first week.

I liked the new instrument cluster ,seating position,quality of the seats and the leg space in front.

Maruti has not looked into small little things that would make the passenger happy.Like the rear door power window switch-they are not places ergonomically.Same with the DZIRE too.Another most important fault ,the power windows switches can be back lit (which is a very basic necessity),get into the car in dark and you would be searching for the switches.

I think its hightime that maruti switches to beige interiors.am sure they would look great in swift.

Rear Seats are cramped and tall people are not motivated to get in there...

Exterior....

I liked the artic pearl silver colour,it looks like the shade in corolla.No Regrets for buying a white colour one.

The boot is very small ,place a woofer box in it and thats it..no space for other luggages.

Performance...

No One word to describe it-Superb/ Excellent / Great / Unmatched with others in the segment.

The engine is silent and the boost the turbo gives is amazing.As far as the mileage is concerned ,i have done 350 km with half tank of diesel left.so it should be more than 14kmpl.Would let you know the exact figures once i tank up,

The tyres require a upgrade.

Thats it as of now.Catch you later with more and more updates.

Ram
Old 17th October 2008, 01:10   #2
BHPian

Hi Josh ,Congrats on your new VDi.
Do share some pics with us.

regarding your idea on Tyre upgrades i would suggest Michelin XM1+ 185/70R14 (stock tyre size for ZXI)
Old 17th October 2008, 01:22   #3
BHPian

First off, congratulations on buying what is one of the most exciting hatchbacks to drive. As for the tyres, the certainly do need an upgrade. Trust me, you will have many many hours of unlimited driving pleasure with your new car. Once you have done 5k kms, consider Pete'ing the DDiS and watch her transform into a refined, classy, sophisticated monster

Second, I am surprised you (and a lot of other people on this forum) complain of rattles in the Swift. My car has done close to 20k kms and I have no issue with rattles even after having put it through a gruelling 1800 km roadtrip on the worst of roads and sometimes, no roads.

Third, I though the grey interiors suit the swift as they do most cars. Personally I am not in favour of this move to beige interiors on so many cars today. I don't want to feel like I am sitting in my living room, I want to sit in my car!!
Old 17th October 2008, 01:59   #4
BHPian

kartik my vdi is 2 and a half months old and rattles like a rattle snake. the front right door was rattling from the moment i drove out of the showroom. had read about it here so thought of moving on with it.
another thing that i feel is that the quality of plastic used inside is bad. cost cutting is clearly evident.
Old 17th October 2008, 07:37   #5
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Ram. White color suits swift really well. It will look too good when you upgrade it to good alloys.
Btw the rattles can be fixed for sure I think. Search this forum and you will find so many hints. Good luck.
Enjoy your new love.
Old 17th October 2008, 07:42   #6
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on the buy.
Driving a Swift is certainly one of the best experiences you could have.
Drive safe and post pictures
Old 17th October 2008, 08:34   #7
BHPian

Congrats Joshguy on the purchase of your new Swift. I am sure that you will enjoy the DDIS engine for many years to come. I have not driven a DDIS yet but I have been inside a Swift VDI. The engine was so silent and refined.
Looking forward to seeing the pictures of your new Asset
Old 17th October 2008, 08:53   #8
BHPian

congrats on your buy. Early rattles can be fixed by tightening the door hinges on every service intervals. As everyone says white color suits the car well.
Please post some pics of the car.
Old 17th October 2008, 09:10   #9
Senior - BHPian

Congads ram on the new buy. welcome to the swift D club. Rattles are an issue with Swift but can be fixed easily by MASS. Not really sure why maruti is not fixing them.
Old 18th October 2008, 17:49   #10
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjothi View Post
Congrats Ram. White color suits swift really well. It will look too good when you upgrade it to good alloys.
Btw the rattles can be fixed for sure I think. Search this forum and you will find so many hints. Good luck.
Enjoy your new love.

Hey thanks Mjothi,

I love that white,but to my bad luck rain started the very next day ;-(.
BTW the rattling is not too much but is present in the right front door.It could be because of the speakers are not mount properly.

I just got the Music player fitted thru tecnokrat.Those guys do a good job probably missed on a nut !!

Hi Experts,

I calculated the mileage of the car yesterday.it gives me 14 kmpl.

Am ok with it but expected around 15 to 17 as i drove it consciously.I filled the tank the moment i took the car from showroom.it had done 77 Kms then.yesterday again i filled the tank and the total driven was(77- 558) 481Kms.

Will it improve after 1st service??

Also another concern is the paint in running board is kind of rough (like bubbles) ,is it normal in all cars?? I heard from my frient that it is common in all cars which came after Dec 07.

Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff : Please use the "edit" button if posting within 15 minutes of the first post, instead of creating another back-to-back post

Also use "Multi Quote" option for quoting Multiple posts.

Last edited by Technocrat : 18th October 2008 at 18:43. Reason: see note in post
Old 19th October 2008, 17:18   #11
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by thereal View Post
Hi Josh ,Congrats on your new VDi.
Do share some pics with us.

regarding your idea on Tyre upgrades i would suggest Michelin XM1+ 185/70R14 (stock tyre size for ZXI)
Hi ,this it was the tyre i used in my indica.michelin is the best.i could feel the drastic difference between the old stock and the new michelin when i changed it. as of now i dont plan to upgrade the tyres.anyways thanks for the advice ,keep giving me more apart from tyre too(film,seat cover)
Old 19th October 2008, 18:34   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshguy View Post
Hi ,this it was the tyre i used in my indica.michelin is the best.i could feel the drastic difference between the old stock and the new michelin when i changed it. as of now i dont plan to upgrade the tyres.anyways thanks for the advice ,keep giving me more apart from tyre too(film,seat cover)

hi Josh,Regarding the accessories like film,Seat covers etc you will find lot of threads in the accessory part section in which each of them were discussed exhaustively

Especially for film here are few threads

<http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/5142-front-windscreen-sunfilm.html>

<http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/14060-sun-film-2.html>

I would suggest 3M,IILUMAR or Garware

All of the above are really worth every peny we spend.

Regarding seat cover first you have decide on whether to go with Fabric, Art leather or Leather
wherein Fabric is really good on comfort poor on Maintenance, Art leather dissipates more heat but easy to maintain, Leather being superior of all but comes with a cost

i think in short i have covered both your questions...thanks..
Old 19th October 2008, 18:56   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshguy View Post
Also another concern is the paint in running board is kind of rough (like bubbles) ,is it normal in all cars?? I heard from my frient that it is common in all cars which came after Dec 07.
Yes the painting looks rough. Have seen it in couple of TD vehicles and the sales guy told me that it was to prevent rust or something.

In my Palio there is some sort of anti-rust coating which looks like a sheet of plastic paper (couldn't get better word) there.
Old 19th October 2008, 19:25   #14
BHPian

hi joshguy,

congrats on your new ride, swift diesel is one of my favorite cars. Get real snazzy alloys preferably Plati(the one which looks like BMW 6 series alloys) and switch to 185 wide tires, if you don't travel out of the city much then opt for Michelin XM+1 otherwise Bridgestone potenza is excellent for highways. drive safe
Old 19th October 2008, 22:56   #15
BHPian

Congrats on your new VDi,cheers:
Whats the total cost of the upgrade???kindly post some pic

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks