Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th October 2009, 19:19   #271
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph03n!x View Post
Congrats on turning one, Prasanna's ride! And good that you have come to KUN Kottivakkam

I can take you to the 3M place, but am gonna be travelling for a while. The D-BHPian is the one who took me there- check n see if he can take you there...
Ah yes. I hope that place stays that way man.

Yeah you seem very busy Hmmm yeah I will ask the D.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROADSTER View Post
my father owned a verna crdi few months ago which is now giving a mileage problem cause he often covers around 400kms a week.... it is giving him around 12km/l
Where you able to find out the reason for that? My car gives me consistent 14 to 15 with ac in the city.
Old 28th October 2009, 07:23   #272
BHPian

I know the 3M place. Give me a call this weekend.
Old 28th October 2009, 13:51   #273
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiery enzyme View Post
I know the 3M place. Give me a call this weekend.
Where is this place? And any idea bout the price? I will probably get it done only next month.
Old 28th October 2009, 15:00   #274
BHPian

Guys are you serious with the mileage quoted, in Chennai peak hour traffic my car returns only 10-10.5 KMPL. The travel is completely during peak hours and I cover areas like, NM road, Sterling road etc. My car has run < 1000 Kms and nearing 1st service.
Old 28th October 2009, 16:11   #275
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manish.thomas View Post
Guys are you serious with the mileage quoted, in Chennai peak hour traffic my car returns only 10-10.5 KMPL. The travel is completely during peak hours and I cover areas like, NM road, Sterling road etc. My car has run < 1000 Kms and nearing 1st service.
Give it some time buddy. It should improve after 1st service. Even I was getting around 12 to the litre until first service or so.
Old 28th October 2009, 22:12   #276
BHPian

Problems Problems!

Random problem arises!

Heard some funny noise from the bottom of the car while driving to work today morning. Ignored it, increased the music volume and went along in my merry way.

Evening coming back, the noise is unbearable. Everytime the the car goes over a bump, speed breaker or patched part of the road, I heard a loud thumping noise right from beneath the pedals. Its very distinct and seemed as if something was loose and about to fall off. Turned on the hazard lights and crawled home at around 20km/hr after a call to the SA at kun hyundai. He asked me if I drilled the car into a pot hole or something and I said no Ive been extremely sedate after the damper bush replacement, and slow down completely over bumps.

Fingers crossed its just some loose joint or some nonsense like that and no damage to the under belly of the car. Will be heading back to the service center early tomorrow morning. As much joy as the car has given me, I find that I have been to the service center far too often for random niggles that keep creeping up. I wouldnt say that I have had a completely hassle free experience with her this last one year. And now I get why people call their cars their girlfriends. Cant live with them, cant live without them

Last edited by pras.oct25 : 28th October 2009 at 22:13.
Old 28th October 2009, 23:58   #277
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pras.oct25 View Post
Yeah you seem very busy Hmmm yeah I will ask the D.
You bet

Quote:
Where is this place? And any idea bout the price? I will probably get it done only next month.
When heading towards Teynampet from, say, Saidapet, take a right at the SIET signal. Take the Second right (or was it the third?) and the second left- and STOP! You will find Balaji Enterprises (or something similar) to your left. Ask for a Vinayagamurthy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by manish.thomas View Post
Dont worry about mileage at all until you are a healthy 5k on the clock. I used to get 11.5 to 13 on my Getz CRDi during running in because I used to upshift tad later (arounf 2k RPM) all the time, and never lugged the engine at RPMs below 1600-1700- will downshift.

After about 5k on the clock, take the car down to ECR, pay the toll and reach Muttukadu. Reset the ECU there - open the hood, disconnect the batteries for about 15 or 30 min (have some cool drinks, walk down to the boating place, etc!), reconnect the batteries and drive till, say, Kalpakkam very very sedately- upshift at 1500 RPM, maintain 80 KMPH, never rev above 2000 RPM, etc. That should do the trick
Quote:
Random problem arises!

Heard some funny noise from the bottom of the car while driving to work today morning. Ignored it, increased the music volume and went along in my merry way.

Evening coming back, the noise is unbearable. Everytime the the car goes over a bump, speed breaker or patched part of the road, I heard a loud thumping noise right from beneath the pedals. Its very distinct and seemed as if something was loose and about to fall off. Turned on the hazard lights and crawled home at around 20km/hr after a call to the SA at kun hyundai. He asked me if I drilled the car into a pot hole or something and I said no Ive been extremely sedate after the damper bush replacement, and slow down completely over bumps.

Fingers crossed its just some loose joint or some nonsense like that and no damage to the under belly of the car. Will be heading back to the service center early tomorrow morning. As much joy as the car has given me, I find that I have been to the service center far too often for random niggles that keep creeping up. I wouldnt say that I have had a completely hassle free experience with her this last one year. And now I get why people call their cars their girlfriends. Cant live with them, cant live without them
I took the car in to check noises at the rate of atleast twice a week during the first month or two- happens, coz we care enough our rides!
Old 29th October 2009, 19:09   #278
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph03n!x View Post
You bet

When heading towards Teynampet from, say, Saidapet, take a right at the SIET signal. Take the Second right (or was it the third?) and the second left- and STOP! You will find Balaji Enterprises (or something similar) to your left. Ask for a Vinayagamurthy.

I took the car in to check noises at the rate of atleast twice a week during the first month or two- happens, coz we care enough our rides!
Those are directions to france? Will cal you sometime to find out about that.

And there actually was a problem. Some other bush was loose in the tie rod and it was causing the noise. He fixed it in 10 minutes. Should monitor the car closely and take it easy on these lousy Chennai roads.
Old 24th June 2010, 04:27   #279
BHPian

Prasanna:

Been following your thread for a while. So, how are the 195/60/R14 tyres holding up. Aren't they a little too wide to cause problems???

Also - did you get the new HU that you were planning for?

Cheers!
Old 24th June 2010, 05:18   #280
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirajbose View Post
Prasanna:

Been following your thread for a while. So, how are the 195/60/R14 tyres holding up. Aren't they a little too wide to cause problems???

Cheers!
i too want to know about this, will be getting delivery for my verna in 10hrs so looking forward for more feedback.
Old 24th June 2010, 14:48   #281
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirajbose View Post
Prasanna:

Also - did you get the new HU that you were planning for?

Cheers!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancer.ized View Post
i too want to know about this, will be getting delivery for my verna in 10hrs so looking forward for more feedback.
My car is still zooming away to glory at 27k km. Thats almost 17k with the xm1+. They are still mindblowing and give me much much more comfort and the car remains perfectly grounded at high speeds. If your changing tires, it is not worth going in for anything less than 195. The xm1+ are comfort tires, though they do provide good grip. At times with the spirited driving that I do I sort of wish I had even more grip, but at the end of the day I am more of a comfort oriented person.

Yes I got the Head unit and polk speakers in the back. My plan for the rest of the setup has been getting postponed due to lack of cash. But if all goes well august first week or july end I should have enough cash to go in for it.
Planning infinity reference speakers in the front, and going in for the infinity ref475 amp.

Lancer saw your thread that day and then forgot that I wanted to reply. Congrats on your buy. Will follow your thread.
Old 25th June 2010, 09:14   #282
BHPian

XM1+ are the best balance between grip and comfort. As for the 195s well they don't give problems instead are much much safer.

Shyam
Old 26th June 2010, 02:11   #283
BHPian

@pras.oct25 but if i change my tyres since the car is only 2days old will i void my warranty ?
Old 26th June 2010, 03:53   #284
anb
BHPian

Quote:
@pras.oct25 but if i change my tyres since the car is only 2days old will i void my warranty ?
You might lose the warranty of parts related to wheels if you change the tyre to a different size. But tyre upgrade is a must for such a powerful car.
Old 26th June 2010, 11:25   #285
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
If you move from 14" to 15" you may (and that depends on your rapport with your service people), but if you go for wider tires, nothing to worry.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks