Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th November 2008, 14:14   #16
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBT View Post
Is that just precautionary or is the DDiS predisposed to breaking down in it's 4th year?
Just precautionary, though you never know since a 4 yr old DDiS does not exist. I am speaking from experience where I did not buy extended warranty for one of my cars and suffered due to it.

Also, I am not sure so please verify this. It is cheaper to buy extended warranty when the car is new, rather than later. If its true, the extra 2000odd bucks would mean peace of mind and would be worth it.

If you have not already, please go through this.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/buying...es-yes-no.html
Old 6th November 2008, 18:58   #17
BBT
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Just precautionary, though you never know since a 4 yr old DDiS does not exist. I am speaking from experience where I did not buy extended warranty for one of my cars and suffered due to it.

Also, I am not sure so please verify this. It is cheaper to buy extended warranty when the car is new, rather than later. If its true, the extra 2000odd bucks would mean peace of mind and would be worth it.

If you have not already, please go through this.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/buying...es-yes-no.html
You're right - it is cheaper when the car is new - had already gone through the thread earlier and will be asking the dealer to include the 2 year extended warranty to my vehicle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tush View Post
@BBT

I did not find any link for latest announcement but i am affirmative about the information on the news channel. Wait for few more days and some website should come up with the information. Better bet would be to call Maruti Regional Sales Office and talk about this news channel update. For Pune following are the numbers.

020-26856036/37/38/39/40
Thanks for the numbers - will be calling up the sales office tomorrow - having a really rough day at the office, have had absolutely no free time till now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elito11 View Post
Congrats Raju!

Welcome to the world of 4 wheels

Elito
Thanks. Good to find a known face here - I never thought of you as a petrolhead.
Old 7th November 2008, 18:02   #18
BBT
BHPian

Bad News

Got news that my car couldn't be loaded into the production run for this week. Supposedly the demand for an Azure Grey Swift VDi + ABS is extremely limited (which in a way was the reason that I was going in for one ) . In effect the car will be made in next week's production run and maybe, just maybe - wil get dispatched in the middle of next week (worst case end of the week)

A friend of mine is getting married in Goa on the 29th of Nov, and I had earlier planned to go there in my brand new baby. Now this does throw a spanner in the works. I will Probably finish running in on the way back (if at all, fingers crossed) .

A few basic calculations are in order, considering the vehicle is dispatched on 14th Nov, it will reach Pune earliest on 21st Nov - 1 day for registration formalities means that I can have it earliest on 25 Nov. Keeping a buffer of 2-3 days gives me 28th Nov. Was planning on an overnight drive to Goa as the entire gang that is going has leave issues (we're planning to take a couple of 1.6 Ford Fiestas and my car, if it arrives in time). So if I'm leaving on 28th Night, I need to have ICE set up before I start (It's gonna be running in time and driving 500 Kms to and fro will need some noise coz the engine sure as hell isn't gonna be making any :-( ).

Which means that I have to fix on the model and the place to get it from. Pune guys, any suggestions on the place to get it done from?

A few noteworthy points - I am not likely to go berzerk with the stuff in it. It has to be cheap, it has to be clear and it has to look halfway decent. No amp.

I was thinking of a JVC head, Pioneer in the rear and Balupunkt up front - I hate tweeters, so they are a big no no. I really like JVC heads as they sound good, don't have too many bright and blinky lights and they're reasonably priced.
Old 7th November 2008, 20:53   #19
BBT
BHPian

Quote:
I was thinking of a JVC head, Pioneer in the rear and Balupunkt up front - I hate tweeters, so they are a big no no. I really like JVC heads as they sound good, don't have too many bright and blinky lights and they're reasonably priced.

Correction - I meant Kenwood head ( I guess the point is moot, as JVC and Kenwood have merged)
Old 11th November 2008, 11:27   #20
BBT
BHPian

Good News!!!

Finally some good news - The sales guy from my dealership called me up 10 minutes ago and told me that my car is ready and will be dispatched from GGN factory this Friday, will get the Engine and Chassis number in some time (was in a meeting so asked him if I could call him back - I'll going out for a smoke and calling him for more details). He asked me to get all my finances together so that the delivery can be made ASAP.

Wishing and hoping that the long drive plan is still on. Goa Baby!!!! cheers:

PS: Will keep you guys updated on the delivery experience as it pans out.
Old 11th November 2008, 14:35   #21
BHPian

Quote:
You're right - it is cheaper when the car is new - had already gone through the thread earlier and will be asking the dealer to include the 2 year extended warranty to my vehicle.
Hi BBT,
What is the price that is being quoted for the 2 yr additional warranty? In Mumbai I was told approx 12K for Dzire VDI. I understand it is diff for diff cars, hence wanted to know what it is for a Swift Vdi.
Old 11th November 2008, 15:27   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks. Good to find a known face here - I never thought of you as a petrolhead.
Oh i was always one, right since my kindergarden days and my hotwheels collection.

Enjoi the DDIS. Any plans for alloys or all stock like the CBZ!

Elito
Old 11th November 2008, 15:32   #23
BHPian

Quote:
A few noteworthy points - I am not likely to go berzerk with the stuff in it. It has to be cheap, it has to be clear and it has to look halfway decent. No amp.

Post this query in the 'ICE' section, where the gurus would b able to answer your query much better. To my limited knowledge JVC head would be a vey good choice.

NO amps?? u sure seem new to ICE

My suggestion would be to get a pair of 'component' speakers up front and a decent budget level sub in the rear with a powerful four channel amp.

Better still 'ICE' section is where you shud head for!!

Have fun on the drive!

Elito
Old 12th November 2008, 00:33   #24
BBT
BHPian

@f1fan - not sure about the price - haven't asked the dealer to add that yet - but from another post in this thread I was told it's in the 4-5K region. 12K sounds a little steep, maybe you could check some other Dzire posts to confirm this.

@elito11 - All stock --> my logic still holds true, the company spent a decent amount of time and money to get the car looking this way - why try to change that with my limited budget and limited aesthetic sense

As for the ICE - I want a music system, not a boom box, I'd like to feel the occasional thump but a constant earthquake in my car isn't exactly my idea of fun . I already have the Logitech Z-5500s at home to do that.
Old 12th November 2008, 15:33   #25
BBT
BHPian

A few more updates:
  1. The price hike has been rolled back - confirmed this with my dealer, so the price is back to what it was in the proforma.
  2. SBI sucks!! Bigtime.. Got the loan processed from my hometown (coz that's where I have my SBI account) and was told that things will be silky smooth coz the account has been there for the past 20 years and I would get the draft delivered to me at my doorstep etc. - or so the GM of the branch told me. Loan got approved last week and was ready for disbursement, yesterday I got a call asking me to kindly make the 1800 Km journey to personally appear before them and take my draft I'm gonna have to work this thing out pronto coz of point number 3.
  3. The dealership called and told me that the car is being dispatched on Friday and will be with the dealer next Wednesday (19th Nov). The dealer needs me to complete the paperwork so that he can get Regn. done and deliver the car to me on 21st Nov. I don't think I'm going to get any sleep at night for the next week.
Old 12th November 2008, 15:46   #26
Team-BHP Support

The extended warranty for 3 & 4 th year cost 4995, in case you buy it at time of delivery.

Congo on the car BBT. Can't you authorize someone to collect the draft from the bank ? Or is SBI too primitive to accept that ?
Old 12th November 2008, 19:10   #27
BHPian

Nice colour choice
We too have an azure grey Vdi at home
Old 12th November 2008, 22:57   #28
BBT
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Congo on the car BBT. Can't you authorize someone to collect the draft from the bank ? Or is SBI too primitive to accept that ?
Thanks. Negative on the authorization, they need me to sign the loan agreement and collect the cheque personally, seemed to make sense so I didn't argue too much apart from the fact that I hadn't been told about this earlier.
Will be off tomorrow night for a short vacation . The bosses were reasonably understanding about the whole thing and my unplanned leave - as soon as I said SBI, they were like 'aaaah.. we feel for you'. I just hope there are no more hiccups when I get there. The bigger question is whether the hypothecation papers can be stamped by the SBI branch here in Pune, the guy from my branch said that it won't be a problem and he will send a letter to the branch manager in Pune - but without the stamp, I won't be able to get my Regn done . Keeping my fingers crossed.
Old 17th November 2008, 19:35   #29
BBT
BHPian

Finally, an update!!

So after my vacation, I thought I should give some updates on the loan stuff and on the vehicle front.

Bank/Finance Updates
A whirlwind trip to my hometown and my branch proved fruitful. The only points worth mentioning are that make sure you take along a Form 20 (or Form 34, as the case may be) for getting it stamped from your financier in order to get the hypothecation agreement entered in the vehicle registration. The forms are supposed to be same all over the country but it is safest to get the form from your dealership. A special note for SBI bank car loan processing is that the balance payment (i.e. apart from the amount which you are getting as a loan) has to also be paid to them at the time of issuing the cheque. This is done because the amount which SBI puts on the cheque/DD is exactly the amount that the dealer quotes on the invoice. (As a alternative, you can provide receipts for any advance/excess payment already made to the dealer and the same will get deducted from the invoice amount and a cheque of the difference will be made out by SBI)

Vehicle Updates
Got my vehicle Chassis and Engine number and also found out that it had been invoiced at the Maruti factory on 12th Nov '08. Went over to my Dealers' showroom today afternoon to pay up and get receipts (and hopefully a refund for the excess amount which I had already paid). Also, I was looking for an opportunity to get a look at and fix on the accessories that I would need to get for the vehicle. The bonus was that I convinced the sales guy to throw in a set of mud-flaps and floor mats for free.

After the money part was over and after I had upgraded my warranty to 4 years (Thanks to Eddy), I moved to the accessories desk. Fixed on the following (Approx prices Given):
  • Seat Covers (Art. Leather - Black) - 5500
  • Tinted Film (Ash) - 2200
  • Cig. Lighter - 350 (asked him about the possibility of putting the extra socket in the boot - he said he'll see what he can do.. )
  • Underbody Anti-Rust Coating (with 3yr guarantee) - 1500
  • Parcel Rack for the boot - 750
  • Halogen Lamp Upgrade (Relay+Philips) - 950
The ICE that they threw at me there was pathetic and overpriced, I don't know how it is at other dealerships but my personal experience says a big no to ICE fitment from the dealer. You do get warranty but at the same price, I could get twice the amount of stuff from the grey market and keep a set spare if one conks off
Old 17th November 2008, 21:38   #30
BHPian

Quote:
  • Seat Covers (Art. Leather - Black) - 5500
  • Tinted Film (Ash) - 2200
  • Cig. Lighter - 350 (asked him about the possibility of putting the extra socket in the boot - he said he'll see what he can do.. )
  • Underbody Anti-Rust Coating (with 3yr guarantee) - 1500
  • Parcel Rack for the boot - 750
  • Halogen Lamp Upgrade (Relay+Philips) - 950
The ICE that they threw at me there was pathetic and overpriced, I don't know how it is at other dealerships but my personal experience says a big no to ICE fitment from the dealer. You do get warranty but at the same price, I could get twice the amount of stuff from the grey market and keep a set spare if one conks off
seems all the prices are a tad higher than when done outside!!anyways,
isnt there a power socket already available for the VDi,then why would you want at the boot?
btw what color is the halogen lamps !!
and about ICE,its better you do its in some reputed accessories shop than the dealer.you will get bang for the money spend!!do keep us updated on whats you ICE would be!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks