Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 18th November 2008, 04:01   #31
BBT
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariendj View Post
seems all the prices are a tad higher than when done outside!!anyways,
isnt there a power socket already available for the VDi,then why would you want at the boot?
btw what color is the halogen lamps !!
and about ICE,its better you do its in some reputed accessories shop than the dealer.you will get bang for the money spend!!do keep us updated on whats you ICE would be!!
Prices were higher, but I need to have all this stuff ready in the car before I set off on my drive to Goa and I have hardly any time to prepare .

I have no idea what colour the lamps are coz I just asked him the wattage and that is 100/90 (So I guess it's plain Jane white light).

The power socket is already there, but the lighter doesn't come without a power socket - essentially I will have a spare socket and nothing to do with it, so I figured I could get it set up in the boot a-la Zxi and plug in my friend's Maruti Fridge in it on occasions that call for some revelry (No driving after that, of course) cheers:

ICE is going to be pretty lame compared to the stuff that other people on the forum have set up - so don't expect anything extraordinary there, will be fairly basic until I save up enough for a second upgrade (first upgrade will have to be the tyres)
Old 20th November 2008, 13:22   #32
BBT
BHPian

Finally - An Update!

After a bit of a fiasco and a lot of confusion between the showroom and their warehouse, I was called up yesterday afternoon with a very excited Salesperson saying "Congratulations!! Your car has been unloaded at our warehouse". With a mile wide smile on my face, I set about getting my documents together for the RTO formalities. A little over 15 minutes later, I got another call apologizing for the incorrect update and that only one of the trucks dispatched from Gurgaon had reached and my vehicle was in the other one!!

Anyway, after a brief period of disappointment, the undying optimist in me awoke and I was content in the knowledge that if 2 trucks leave Gurgaon for Pune at the same time, their arrival will probably not be more than a day apart. Sure enough, I got a call from the dealer today morning that my vehicle has been unloaded at his warehouse - YIPPEEE!! cheers:

Got my papers together and asked the salesperson to collect them from me at the office (having a terribly busy week, no time to go and have a look at the car at the warehouse). Told him to get the registration and accessories in place and deliver the vehicle to me by tomorrow evening.

So one more night of dreaming about my "beast" (I prefer beauty, always tend to think of a vehicle as a 'she' - all apologies to the Pulsar and SX4)

OT: Found that the dealer has a White Swift Dzire ZXI (Petrol) available off the shelf. If anyone in Pune is interested in the same, PM me for the contact details of the dealer.
Old 20th November 2008, 16:23   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBT View Post
(first upgrade will have to be the tyres)
Oyeeeeeeeeee

Tyre upgrade? Then wat was that bull gave me about 'company knows best' when i suggested the same!

Elito

Last edited by Elito11 : 20th November 2008 at 16:40.
Old 20th November 2008, 16:36   #34
Senior - BHPian

BBT,

Congrats on the buy!

Do not forget to take the T-BHP checklist when going tomorrow to take delivery.

Have a great time and do buckle up!
Old 20th November 2008, 18:12   #35
BBT
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elito11 View Post
Oyeeeeeeeeee

Tyre upgrade? Then wat was that bull gave me about 'company knows best' when i suggested the same!

Elito
You missed out the "as soon as I save up enough" part , that's quite an open ended statement - so my company knows best dialogue will continue, at least for some time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
BBT,

Congrats on the buy!

Do not forget to take the T-BHP checklist when going tomorrow to take delivery.

Have a great time and do buckle up!
Thanks! I intend to do just that - took a printout of that as soon as the dealership told me that it's here .
Old 20th November 2008, 18:21   #36
Team-BHP Support

Busy day at office ????
When I have enough money ????

But you work with IBM !!!
Old 20th November 2008, 19:13   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBT View Post

Vehicle Updates
Got my vehicle Chassis and Engine number and also found out that it had been invoiced at the Maruti factory on 12th Nov '08.
Hey BBT did the sales guy give this invoice information to you or you found out from someother source.
Old 20th November 2008, 23:50   #38
BBT
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tush View Post
Hey BBT did the sales guy give this invoice information to you or you found out from someother source.
Got the info from another source - the sales guy was clueless about it. I passed on the info to him and told him that he dare not give away this vehicle to anyone, or else..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Busy day at office ????
When I have enough money ????

But you work with IBM !!!
You're right - I'm probably working too hard, it's bad for our (IBMers') image . The money part - true, for any average individual, I unfortunately have slightly expensive tastes (Single Malt only from the Glen of the deer, please).
Old 21st November 2008, 15:47   #39
BBT
BHPian

The Beast Arrives in Pune!!

My dealer wanted some more documents for the RTO process (God knows why, I already gave him a big enough sheaf to serve as toilet paper for 15 dysentery prone monkeys for a month) and I thought it would be a good opportunity to have a look at my baby. So, after cancelling a meeting (thanks Eddy for your inspiration ) I went off to the dealership to have a look at my brand new car.

Went straight to the parking lot and was surprised that it wasn't there, so caught hold of the sales guy and asked him to find out what the hell was going on. Finally found out that the vehicle had been driven to his workshop 3 kms away for the underbody coating and was on it's way back. Anyway, the car was back in the parking in about 10 mins and I had a chance to finally lay eyes on her.

Took a few pics with my pathetic phone camera (will take a proper digital camera when I take final delivery, hopefully today evening - so hold on for better pics).

Understated and shiny - just the way I like my women.
(It was still not washed yet and I was surprised that it still managed to look reasonably clean)
Booked my Azure Grey Maruti Suzuki Swift VDi with ABS-21112008002.jpg

The silly sticker I paid an extra 20K for. Before you start chiding me for underestimating the safety applications of ABS, let me clarify that I'm just kidding.
You can make out me and the sales guy in the reflection. (Sorry about the terrible image quality)
Booked my Azure Grey Maruti Suzuki Swift VDi with ABS-21112008001.jpg

The Beast!! I was a little unhappy about the oil patch near the nut at the top of the plastic engine cover, was told that they'd clean everything up in the washing before the delivery.
Booked my Azure Grey Maruti Suzuki Swift VDi with ABS-21112008.jpg
Old 21st November 2008, 16:51   #40
BHPian

congrats BBT!!!!
nice choice of color must say. enjoy your ride and drive safe.
Old 21st November 2008, 17:21   #41
BHPian

Maruti seems to have changed the Bosch fuel pump design
Old 21st November 2008, 17:28   #42
BHPian

congrats on the new VDi,i hope you did follow the PDI from T-bhp.
im waiting to see more pics as soon as you get the delivery.
Old 21st November 2008, 20:49   #43
Distinguished - BHPian

BBT congratulations for the VDi, its one heck of a machine!!!

And can you please clarify whether the waiting period you mentioned, is it for the VDi with ABS or for all the Swifts(LDi and non ABS VDi)
Thanks
Old 22nd November 2008, 08:21   #44
BHPian

Congrats BBT. So happy to see yet another person getting a VDI with ABS. You are one of the few lucky people to get a VDI with ABS. So the Beast that you have got is something to cherish and a valuable possession, as not many have it

The Azure Grey looks great for the Swift, especially the rear end as it matches very well with the Red Tail Lamps and Fog Lamp.My Beast is a Bright Red one, and the rear end is the most unnoticed part, as the Tail Lamps are of the body colour

Get her home soon!!!
Old 22nd November 2008, 20:46   #45
BHPian

Congratulations BBT. We are awaiting more snaps from your other digital camera

Most Viewed