Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd November 2008, 01:43   #16

i did the mistake of 2nd gears in signals and ended up spending 3600 on my clutch on my first 5000 kms. then learnt from my service person:-). now things are fine. Mine is again a 1.6 stile 34000kms done. and happy with it. XLNT machine. mileage: 9 on regular bangalore traffic, and on highways, mostly i get 14.5, trips to chennai always gives more mileage to a max 15.5. i never use AC.
Old 27th November 2008, 21:01   #17

Before buying the car I was thinking that my usage may be around 200Km/month max. But now its gone up to 400 km/month I just find a reason to drive the car. May be because it’s my first car
Maximum speed I’ve tried is up to 120Km/hr then I got scared.
[FONT=&quot]I don’t have remote lock as I was told that there is no remote lock compatible to this car is it true? Is it safe without a remote lock?[/FONT]
Old 27th November 2008, 21:58   #18
BHPian

Minda Huf remote lock is FIAT approved. Actually its called IndiLock approved for TATA. Its doing the duty on my Stile MJD. Try checking about it with your dealer.
Old 18th January 2009, 04:12   #19

2nd service done....

Hi all,

Got my car serviced (2nd servicing) from green track
Changed oil and oil filter ( 2nd free service charge came up to Rs.1090)

Few days back I had hit a pole while taking reverse, the rear bumper broke and the boot door got dented.
Gave it to repair on 13th of Jan, 14th was sankranthi off for the service station. Collected the car today (17th) at 5:00pm
The work is satisfactory and happy with the service at Green Track.
The rear bumper costs Rs.5300

I had an observation some time back while cleaning the car. Below all the doors I found some sticky gum like stuff at two or three places. I checked in few older Palios where at that place they have some kind of rubber spacer like stuff which is missing in the Palio Stile (I checked in both petrol and MJD). Can please other palio stile owners check this?

DreamOpus
Old 15th February 2009, 11:51   #20

Hi everyone of this Forum and my Congratulations to all who own Fiat Palio Stile 1.6 Sport. Next month I will also be joining in your Palio Club

I'm a happy owner of TATA Safari Petrol VXi 4x4 (Quartz Black) since June 2007 which is a King on the road and I am going to get him a Queen Fiat Palio Stile 1.6 Sport (Carbon Black) next month for which I have already paid and booked it with Concord Motors, Kochi. Since my astrologer advised the next most auscipious day is 21st March 2009 to take delivery of this Black Beauty, I'm waiting for that auspicious day to bring his Queen to my home.

Cheerssssssssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 15th February 2009, 22:13   #21
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Murali! That is one real hot hatch!
Old 19th February 2009, 18:07   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muralidharan View Post
Hi everyone of this Forum and my Congratulations to all who own Fiat Palio Stile 1.6 Sport. Next month I will also be joining in your Palio Club

I'm a happy owner of TATA Safari Petrol VXi 4x4 (Quartz Black) since June 2007 which is a King on the road and I am going to get him a Queen Fiat Palio Stile 1.6 Sport (Carbon Black) next month for which I have already paid and booked it with Concord Motors, Kochi. Since my astrologer advised the next most auscipious day is 21st March 2009 to take delivery of this Black Beauty, I'm waiting for that auspicious day to bring his Queen to my home.

Cheerssssssssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
hey just make sure your car is not being used for test drives if you have already booked as 21st march is a long way. they are known to give test drives as fiat does not provide a 1.6 test drive car to these agents. i have seen lineas too being given for test drives and they were customers cars who were waiting to take delivery on an "auspicious day"
Old 25th February 2009, 15:15   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muralidharan View Post
I'm a happy owner of TATA Safari Petrol VXi 4x4 (Quartz Black) since June 2007 which is a King on the road and I am going to get him a Queen Fiat Palio Stile 1.6 Sport (Carbon Black)
Congrats dude, you're definitely doing your part to make the Indian Tata-Fiat royal alliance successful!

Just make sure they dont get too close together, or you're going to get little "SAFALIO"s crawling all over the place!

Hehe, just kidding!

On a serious note, congratulations to all the members who had the guts to buy a Fiat 1.6GTX. The opportunity to buy a new car came my way a few months back, and this little Italian was always a favourite. Broke my heart to reject it - after hearing tales of mileage and service woes. Ultimately went for something quite different.

Do keep us updated on your ownership experiences.
Old 25th February 2009, 16:38   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasher26 View Post
hey just make sure your car is not being used for test drives if you have already booked as 21st march is a long way. they are known to give test drives as fiat does not provide a 1.6 test drive car to these agents. i have seen lineas too being given for test drives and they were customers cars who were waiting to take delivery on an "auspicious day"
I second that!

Palio 1.6 Stile are not available for Display also forget getting a Test Drive!

Keep in touch with the dealer when car is delivered at the Dealer's place. My sincere advise, do not keep the car even for a single day out there. They would use it for Test drives or for their personal use.

Did you know I booked my Palio without a Display and a Test Drive!

Good luck and cheers~
Old 25th February 2009, 16:44   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasher26 View Post
Hi Jasher,

I appreciate and fully share with your doubts. I even asked about this to Mr. Santosh, Incharge of Concord Motors-Kochi at the time of booking & paying the advance. We have thoroughly inspected the vehicle inch-by-inch as it had parked where it was off-loaded from the container. It has full of dust on all over it and they have cleaned and waxed in front of us and even took it to their 3rd Floor Service Building to avoid visitors to see and inspect it. He specifically assured us it will not move an inch till you come and take delivery on 21st March. Yesterday when my sons visited there again, our vehicle was on 3rd floor its original place and covered with full of dust. He even told us to note down and remember the reading of its odometer, which shows 54 kms only. I shall update after taking delivery.
Old 25th February 2009, 17:00   #26
Senior - BHPian

I am J!

Congratulations @ dreamopus. Follow the sage advice given by the other Palio owners here and you shall enjoy the car forever. Those cars are built to last.

I drove a 1.6 many years ago and fell in love with it. Practical constraints (need for a boot) prevented me from buying one till now. God willing (or in my case Hillram willing!) I shall have one soon. I think that is one Indian car that I should own in this life. Great fun - great car.

Cheers,
Old 25th February 2009, 17:05   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamOpus View Post
Hi all,

I had an observation some time back while cleaning the car. Below all the doors I found some sticky gum like stuff at two or three places. I checked in few older Palios where at that place they have some kind of rubber spacer like stuff which is missing in the Palio Stile (I checked in both petrol and MJD). Can please other palio stile owners check this?

DreamOpus

Hi Dreamopus - Sorry for the delayed reply, below all the doors, there is a small piece of rubber which is movable. if thisis the same thing that you are referring to, then this is the drain hole. during monsoons, u will notice that you doors will contain some water in them due to the rain water seeping in from the window beedings. You can move this piece of rubber to one side and drain all the water collected in the doors.
Old 25th February 2009, 17:21   #28
BHPian

Quote:

DreamOpus
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharanramesh View Post
Hi Dreamopus - Sorry for the delayed reply, below all the doors, there is a small piece of rubber which is movable. if thisis the same thing that you are referring to, then this is the drain hole. during monsoons, u will notice that you doors will contain some water in them due to the rain water seeping in from the window beedings. You can move this piece of rubber to one side and drain all the water collected in the doors.
My guess is DreamOpus is talking about the Stone Guard in the old gen Palios which is missing in the Stile version.

That place has a rubbery material (bubbled-like) as a coating for anti-rust I suppose.

Correct me if i'm wrong!

Initially even I was shocked to see, i thought that was a major defect but then I saw the same in every Palio Stile!

@Sharan, I'm not sure which movable rubber you are referring to? Can you post a pic of it?

Last edited by rudrah : 25th February 2009 at 17:22.
Old 27th February 2009, 02:58   #29

@Ravveendrra
Thank you. It’s a fun to drive car. I’ve been following the experience and advice from other Palio owners. Its very helpful.

@sharanramesh
I think you are right. I have attached the pics. of it. The thing that bothers me is residue of glue what exactly is it? Why that rubber strip is missing in all the Palio Stile?

DreamOpus
Attached Thumbnails
My hot beauty Fiat Palio Stile 1.6 sports-pic11.jpg  

My hot beauty Fiat Palio Stile 1.6 sports-pic12.jpg  

My hot beauty Fiat Palio Stile 1.6 sports-pic13.jpg  

My hot beauty Fiat Palio Stile 1.6 sports-pic4.jpg  

Old 27th February 2009, 12:03   #30
BHPian

Quote:
@sharanramesh
I think you are right. I have attached the pics. of it. The thing that bothers me is residue of glue what exactly is it? Why that rubber strip is missing in all the Palio Stile?
They seem to be remnants of tape covering the drain holes from the doors

You can get rid of it by using some turpentine (make sure it doesn't remove paint first). Wet a swab of cloth with it and rub away. Hard ones may take some soaking before coming off.

Finish off with wax polish to protect the paint after the turpentine has dried.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks