Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th November 2008, 17:37   #1
Senior - BHPian

Pics of my Honda City S M/T in tafeta white

these are some of the pics of my parent's all new Honda City S M/T after coming from PDI.

My parents will be taking the delivery tomorrow from the new prime Honda showroom which is being shifted to mother dairy from patparganj industrial area, Delhi.

They told me to take pics today as my dad did not want to post pics with the license plate, don't know why.

other than mudflaps and seat covers from honda, we will not fit any more accessories as I like the stock car's flowing lines as it is.

anyways, enjoy the pics.
Attached Thumbnails
Pics of my Honda City S M/T in tafeta white-1.jpg  

Pics of my Honda City S M/T in tafeta white-2.jpg  

Pics of my Honda City S M/T in tafeta white-3.jpg  

Pics of my Honda City S M/T in tafeta white-4.jpg  

Pics of my Honda City S M/T in tafeta white-6.jpg  

Pics of my Honda City S M/T in tafeta white-7.jpg  

Pics of my Honda City S M/T in tafeta white-8.jpg  

Pics of my Honda City S M/T in tafeta white-9.jpg  

Pics of my Honda City S M/T in tafeta white-10.jpg  

Last edited by sidindica : 30th November 2008 at 17:44.
Old 30th November 2008, 17:43   #2
Senior - BHPian

some more pics of our ANHC
Attached Thumbnails
Pics of my Honda City S M/T in tafeta white-5.jpg  

Pics of my Honda City S M/T in tafeta white-11.jpg  

Pics of my Honda City S M/T in tafeta white-12.jpg  

Pics of my Honda City S M/T in tafeta white-13.jpg  

Pics of my Honda City S M/T in tafeta white-14.jpg  

Pics of my Honda City S M/T in tafeta white-15.jpg  

Old 30th November 2008, 17:58   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats Sid on the ANHC. It is surely beautiful in white and most importantly the front grille is so much more enhanced and gives it a more menancing look.

I would be cautious if i see this grill coming towards me fast on a highway through my rear view mirror
Old 30th November 2008, 18:15   #4
Senior - BHPian

Congrats. It looks very good. I can imagine how u must be feeling. I had the same feeling when I got my T.White Civic-AT 2 years ago.

Regards
MG
Old 30th November 2008, 18:23   #5
BHPian

Congrats Sid on the new ANHC.
Why we did not have a scoop here?
Hope we will have regular updates on the performance of the car on the forum. Most of the other new owners are laggards in giving experience updates.
Old 30th November 2008, 18:38   #6
BHPian

alloy and tyre upgrade!!

Congrats dude!

Looks very good in white.. All she needs now is 16" matt black allos with low-pro tyres !
Old 30th November 2008, 18:49   #7
Senior - BHPian

Congrtulations on the new "Arrow Shot" white beauty.Its looks certainly stellar and graceful.The all new front mesh reminds me somehow of Darth Vader :-)
Enjoy the ride.
Old 30th November 2008, 19:18   #8
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on your buy Sid ! I must say this machine has those killer looks ! Keep us posted on the performance too.
Old 30th November 2008, 19:20   #9
BHPian

Looks neat in white!!! Congrats on the new buy.

Do post your initial driving experiences and general impression of the car.
Old 30th November 2008, 19:34   #10
Senior - BHPian

Hey Sid. Congrats for the purchase.

I hope you too get to drive it

Would like to see some pics of the boot and engine bay if you can
Old 30th November 2008, 19:38   #11
Senior - BHPian

thanks for your avantgarde comments.Actually all of us fell in love with it no matter hoe the fans of SX4 bashed it for having lack of features, poor quality interiors, low ground clearence etc.

yes, the car was booked without having a TD but once i took a TD in a demo car today, the engine felt a lot smoother and the car was stable unlike the SX4, which is a truck, or a Sport X-over 4wd converted to a saloon which makes it a gas guzzler.

yes, we may clamour honda for not providing "features", but in reality is-how many of us really "use these features"?

1. not having ACC.

SX4 has, because maruti doesn't have any other car above it to privide to its customers. And moreover, today's cars, especially the ANHC has a pollen air filter which helps to maintain a constant temperature as desired.

At least, it is better to use this feature fo higer-end cars like the civic. otherwise, whats the point of having these cars if all the features are provided in the lower C-segment cars?

2. no alloy wheels-that's a big question but technically speaking, still our Indian roads, especially those of delhi, are too ood for the alloys to bear the brunt. 2 owners in the neighbourhood have SX4 Zxi and one of the cars met with an accident in dilshad garden because of on reason-alloy wheels cracked.

3-VTEC technology-NOT PRESENT IN SX4.

I bought this car because of its mechanicals and engine, not features.
abroad, sx4, or even the swift for that matter, comes with an M16A VVT engine. vvt or vtec in the city has continously variable valve timing tech which optimises power of the engine at the entire RPM band which helps to mantain consistant mileage figures, unlike the sx4.

as far as OD or other auto mags are concerned, none of them provide accurate mileage figures as well as this web-site providers. with more than 10 mags fighting it out for a share of the pie, each gets paid maybe by a manufacturer to exagrerate mileage claims.

4- perceived interior quality poor of ANHC as compared to SX4.

if people in different sites blame honda or poor interior quality and "not having used aluminium or wood" in the interior, it's their fault. if this is true, SX4 interiors are even worse, especially the black plastics on the dashboard and the power mirror button, which feels as if it will break anytime.Also the quality of fabrics gives it a rental car look, especially in front of aveo.

5-A pillar-city vs sx4

the sx4 has a tragic visibility due to a quarter glass placed lower the A-pillar, and the dashboard mounted too-high. city has none of these problems.

6. use of 15 inch wheels in city v/s 16 in SX4 zxi

don't clamour that 16 inch wheels are coming in sx4. the vxi has 15 inchers. even the C class has 16 inchers. if city came with 16", it would have meant lower tyre profile meaning faster tyre wear, also making the car a gas guzzler.

7. perceived "lower ground clearence" as compared to SX4.

yes, the sx4 has a higher 192 m of GC. city at 165 has lower, but is adequate for our roads. even if th GC is too high, it means more body roll and for a front-heavy car like SX4, poor high speed stability and the feeling of insecurity, typical of suzukis.

8. safety features

at least all versions of city has ABS and dual airbags as standard. sx4 vxi has none. moreover, most sx4 owners complain of poor bulid quality , typical of suzukis, wich rattles creeping as low as 4000 km. I hope that I am correct in this regard that maybe very few of honda (NHC, NHC ZX) owners complain of rattles, even though the body of honda cars are not soild.

9. no CD player

come on, this is a bit too ameturish. the go and buy the city "e" which does not come with a stereo. go and fit any stereo of your choice.
moreover, what is better? a stereo with few high number of songs or a compct pen drive with even higher number of songs?

the stereo sounds awesome for a factory fitted unit, unlke the sx-4 whose kenwood apeakers sound like that of a blueline bus stereo. moreover most of us still cannot buy I-pods and stick to pen drives.
the city can play pen drives and i-pods, unlike th sx-4 which can only play i-pods, in addition to cds.

10. looks-

sx4, to me looks tragic, specially from the side with the high boot lid which makes reversing a pain. at least the ANHC looks like a saloon with natural areodynamic flowing lines-dare i say a 4-door coupe and saloon cars are not meant to be as high as posible, but as long and low as possible which keeps these cars stable unlike the car like sx-4 where a hatch is converted to a saloon.

DISCLAIMER: these were primarily my viewpoints and criteria on booking the ANHC. individual perceptions may vary.my statements are primararily my viewpoint and not meant to offend any sx4 buyers or owners.
ultimately, it is for you to decide. any opinions on my choice are welcome.
Old 30th November 2008, 19:50   #12
BHPian

sid she looks sooo beautiful in white!!!
congrats on this nice buy and enjoy her and provide us with your feedback about the car.
Old 30th November 2008, 20:07   #13
BHPian

Congrats sid. I think so far this is the best color I have see for ANHC. The second pic above looks stunning. Did you go for any accessories?
Old 30th November 2008, 20:15   #14
Senior - BHPian

Whether or not low GC is of any consequence depends on a lot of other factors like suspension stiffness and wheelbase. For example, the Octy with it's 130mm GC doesn't scrape on the same mountains on the road the Civic does with it's 170mm.

Most of the arguments against the ANHC are with regards to the perceived low VFM. The 1.5 i-VTEC is supposedly less fuel efficient etc etc, while a different thread shows an ANHC owner saying he got 21KMPL - and this is before running in. As for the low bundled goodies and atrociously priced accessories, shame on Honda indeed. Wait for the inevitable ZX variant then.

I feel that people who buy Honda buy it for bulletproof reliability, low maintenance and stonking mechanicals. Of course, the brand has a reputation in India for those things - they didn't get that reputation overnight - they created it - they earned it. Lovers of other cars love to rap on about us Honda buyers being sheep, but in the end, just about everything they introduce here become legendary in the long run. I don't know about everyone else, but I do believe they can do no wrong :P

Do keep us updated on your ownership experience sidScoops-r-usindica.
Old 30th November 2008, 20:31   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by appuchan View Post
Congrats sid. I think so far this is the best color I have see for ANHC. The second pic above looks stunning. Did you go for any accessories?
as mentioned, only mud flaps and seat covers, nothing else, not even alloys and fog lamps as I don't want to spoil the contours of the car.

AND I hope that none of the owners modify it atrociously to feature in "pics of weird and wacky mod jobs" thread.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks