Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th December 2008, 23:04   #1
BHPian

Expecting to cheer the 'Champagne' i10

It is always a dream to have a first car in our life. Now it is going to happen for me.

After a long period of one and half years in my search on a hatch back car and checking & comparing some different models like swift, palio, getz, UVA, spark, santro and i10, I stuck my decision with i10.

My requirements:

* Budget is in between 4 to 5 lacs and I looked for a good hatch model to live with for atleast 4 years.
* My family is very small: Myself (only driver), wife, 4 yr old son and my parents. So no need of big cars or bigger interiors.
* As it will be my first car, I personally prefer a small hatch rather than a big one.
* I wanted a good looking, decent FE, good interior and well built car.
* My average usage per day is 20 Kms. 200 kms trip on highway once in a month. So stick with petrol. And for this usage, I preferred a car which performs in both city and highway.

Why not..

Swift: Personally I don't like the shape of the car. Nothing else.
Palio: I liked the built, handling, ride and comfort but FE and ASS? 1.1-sluggish, 1.6-bad FE.
Getz: It was my first choice before I decided i10. But I liked the higher end model (big tyre & ABS) which is slightly above my budget.
UVA: I liked its look, ride comfort. But ***, sluggish 1.2?
Spark: It was a tough competition for me between this and i10. But interior, shape of tail light and 1.2 engine are promoted i10 over Spark.
Santro: Good and proved one. But after seeing i10? No. i10 is new, fresh and modern than Santro.

Once I decided i10....

In last three weeks, I shuttled myself between HMP and DSC dealer who are in two different directions from my office within 2 kms range. Finally I got the following offers and booked my cutie on Friday 5th Dec 2008 and applied for loan in SBI on the same day.

Dealer : DSC, Chennai
Model : Hyundai i10 1.2 Sportz Metalic M/T
Color : Champagne Gold

Additionals from Magna variant for the 26K difference:
* Music system,
* rear washer & wiper,
* rear defogger,
* rear spoiler,
* rear seat headrests
* Driver/Co Driver Seat Back pocket,
* Metal finish Inside Door Handles,
* Door & Tailgate Ajar warning,
* Seat Belt Warning,
* Driver vanity mirror,
* Boot/Luggage Lamp.

Manufactured Date : 30 Sep 2008
Stock Tyres: Bridgestone

Freebies:

1) Remote Locking - Autocop - with 3 yrs replacement warranty
2) Fabric seat cover - with i10 logo
3) Anti-rust (at the time of first service)
4) Sun Film - Garware (medium). They denied putting 3M for free.
5) Car body cover - Hyundai
6) Floor mats & Mud flaps
7) Steering cover
8) Perfume

It was a big surprise on Monday 8th Dec'08 when I saw the news. The central Govt slashed the cenvat by 4% with immediate effect. It reflected
on i10 model which is now 14K cheaper than its earlier price of sportz. I called the dealer and confirmed today evening (9th Dec 2008) that 14K will be reduced without affecting offers they promised me

i10 sportz metalic M/T:
Before price cut: Rs. 4,84,526 (chennai onroad)
After price cut : Rs. 4,68,262 (chennai onroad) from 8th Dec 2008.

Now the final discount:

09) Free 1st year insurance (Rs. 12,676)
10) Free 3rd year ext warranty (Rs. 02,500)
11) Corporate Discount (Rs. 01,000)
12) Cash Discount (Rs. 02,586)
Total Discount: (Rs. 18,762)

Final OnRoad Price (Chennai) = 4,68,262 - 16,262 (excluding 3rd year warranty) = Rs. 4,52,000 (loan: 4lacs, Self:52K)

At the time of booking, I gave a cheque of 68K but now I am going to get back my 14K from dealer after the delivery.

Last but not least...

* Thanks to mobike008 who tempted me to squeez for more freebies (I hope I tried my level best).
* Thanks to nitrous who is suggesting me on wheel upsize and tyre upgrade. I will try but budget matters. My future plan is to change the stock wheel to a good Alloy wheel with tyres (175/65/R14). Because I love to have a good looking and quality alloy in my Car.
* Thanks to Teambhpians. I was zero on cars before until I saw and joined here...

Expecting to cheer the Champagne soon...
Old 10th December 2008, 06:03   #2
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijayk View Post

It was a big surprise on Monday 8th Dec'08 when I saw the news. The central Govt slashed the cenvat by 4% with immediate effect. It reflected
on i10 model which is now 14K cheaper than its earlier price of sportz. I called the dealer and confirmed today evening (9th Dec 2008) that 14K will be reduced without affecting offers they promised me.

At the time of booking, I gave a cheque of 68K but now I am going to get back my 14K from dealer after the delivery.
Sorry... it was my typo. The difference amount after price cut is 16K. Hence I am going to get back my 16K from dealer
Old 10th December 2008, 07:02   #3
BHPian

congrats on the new car..i10 sure is classy inside!!
so when is the delivery date!!and its good to see that you were lucky enough to get the price slash...update us with loads of pics -inside and out!!
Old 10th December 2008, 08:45   #4
BHPian

Welcome to the i10 family... you will definitely have a good ride and comfort with her. Please keep us informed about her performance and mileage.

Please upload some photos.

Happy motoring!
Old 10th December 2008, 09:04   #5
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on your new babe, freebies and discounts you got are good deal according to me.

try to get free 3rd year extended warranty

and how about a free champagne bottle

you saved 14K, I suggest you to put some extra money (if your budget permits) and go for alloy shoes

also post pictures please
Old 10th December 2008, 12:42   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariendj View Post
congrats on the new car..i10 sure is classy inside!!
so when is the delivery date!!and its good to see that you were lucky enough to get the price slash...update us with loads of pics -inside and out!!
Thanks ariendj. The delivery date is depends on the bank process. It will be this Friday or coming Monday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by subbusos View Post
Welcome to the i10 family... you will definitely have a good ride and comfort with her. Please keep us informed about her performance and mileage.

Please upload some photos.

Happy motoring!
Thanks subbu. I will sure to upload the pics once I got my vehicle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
Congrats on your new babe, freebies and discounts you got are good deal according to me.

try to get free 3rd year extended warranty

and how about a free champagne bottle

you saved 14K, I suggest you to put some extra money (if your budget permits) and go for alloy shoes

also post pictures please
Thanks Latheesh. Yes I got the 3rd year extended warranty for free (I mentioned it already). Yes, I am sure to go for alloy but depends on the budget or later.
Old 10th December 2008, 14:19   #7
Distinguished - BHPian

Buying your first car is indeed very special and the elation is un-decribable.

I am very happy that you are realizing that dream. Your timing was perfect and you got a great deal ( including the price-cut) and i think you totally deserve it

Also, i am glad that i could be a source of motivation for you to press for freebies. Btw, I didnt see fog lamps in your list. Try if you can get them to add that to your list as well

And, welcome to i10 family and do regularly update your thread !!!!
Old 10th December 2008, 14:32   #8
BHPian

@vijayk ,congrats on your 1st car ,it is indeed a special feeling.

as they say,you never forget your 1st house ,1st car and your 1st girl friend...

Hope you do many travel trips in your i10...
Old 10th December 2008, 14:52   #9
BHPian

Congrats mate on your car, would you care to share some details on your loan from SBI?
Awaiting the pics
Old 10th December 2008, 15:02   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Also, i am glad that i could be a source of motivation for you to press for freebies. Btw, I didnt see fog lamps in your list. Try if you can get them to add that to your list as well

And, welcome to i10 family and do regularly update your thread !!!!
Thanks mobike. Do you think that I didn't ask fog lamp?

I had a big list which includes fog lamp, 3M sunfilm and etc . But they didn't offer. At the final negotiation, I got sunfilm but not 3M.

I have one query: What is the remote lock you got? Is it Autocop HRE? What is the model number? Did you get a separate 3 years warranty card for it?
Old 10th December 2008, 15:10   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajesh Rawal View Post
@vijayk ,congrats on your 1st car ,it is indeed a special feeling.

as they say,you never forget your 1st house ,1st car and your 1st girl friend...

Hope you do many travel trips in your i10...
Thanks Rajesh. Yes you are right. I had the exact special feeling when I bought my first two wheeler (HH spendor) from my salary in 2001. Same for my house and now for my first car.

1st girl friend??? mmm but the feeling of 'friend' will happen slowly. Not at a moment or in a particular day like we are getting our car/house..
Old 10th December 2008, 15:17   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by crn12 View Post
Congrats mate on your car, would you care to share some details on your loan from SBI?
Awaiting the pics
Thanks crn.

My loan @ SBI: They offer max of 90% loan on car's OnRoad price. 2224/lac for 5 years. I took 4 lacs loan. So the EMI is Rs. 8896 at the rate of 12% interest (floating and diminishing).

I am also waiting to take some snaps. Till now I didn't see my car.
Old 10th December 2008, 17:18   #13
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks crn.

My loan @ SBI: They offer max of 90% loan on car's OnRoad price. 2224/lac for 5 years. I took 4 lacs loan. So the EMI is Rs. 8896 at the rate of 12% interest (floating and diminishing).

I am also waiting to take some snaps. Till now I didn't see my car.
Ahem, SBI rates have gone up over the last 2 years. I took 3.75 Lakh for 5 years for my Viva and my EMI is Rs.78XX

Quote:
I have one query: What is the remote lock you got? Is it Autocop HRE? What is the model number? Did you get a separate 3 years warranty card for it?
I got Autocop too. But, dont know the model number. The key is in kidney shape, hope using this clue you can figure out the model number.

Will also try to post a picture of the key
Old 10th December 2008, 17:40   #14
BHPian

Congrats Vijay. You definitely did manage to get a lot of goodies with the care. Do post pics of the car once you take delivery !!
Old 10th December 2008, 17:49   #15
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Vijay, i10 is very good car for your requirement. you will feel luxury comfort, Please stick to 13 inch tyres for family ride, Comfort and ride is important than performance. 14 inch tyre is not worth for i10. Go for michellins with Alloys, you will love your ride.

Regards,

Ravi.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks