Team-BHP - The SR-71 - My Modded Mondeo
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/)
-   -   The SR-71 - My Modded Mondeo (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/53020-sr-71-my-modded-mondeo.html)

Ok have been trying to get this penned down for quite sometime. After losing my last writeup to a firefox crash. Will keep this one brief and the orange dog wont get any updates for supper.

It was really a long time back around 2001 ish I guess when I first saw a Mondeo. A friend of mine bought one in some Blueish shade and moment I laid my eyes on her I thought to myself. THATS how a car should look like! Fastrack to 2009 I saw the ad on T-Bhp. I talked to the owner. I sold (almost) everything I owned and got her home. Let me tell the the owner Areez is a extrordinary gentleman and a absolute franatic about anything on wheels (including planes) and the guys over a Lalit's Four Seasons Reza and the gang made me feel like a part of the Mumbai big boys club when infact I belonged to the College broke backpacker club. So much to say wont get into the details the whole experence was amazing. The car is one of a kind. Everything is perfect I didn't have to spend a penny on her. But planning to do a lot of things to her soon.

Please discuss away I guess I am kind of a rare breed now as RPM said as a Mondeo owner. It makes me feel proud that its one of the most desirable and loved cars still and everytime I spot one till date it makes me jump with joy.

Some pictures to get the ball rolling.

The SR-71 - My Modded Mondeo-n610740875_1842526_9915.jpg
The SR-71 - My Modded Mondeo-n610740875_1842527_1459.jpg
The SR-71 - My Modded Mondeo-n610740875_1842528_4433.jpg
The SR-71 - My Modded Mondeo-n610740875_1842529_6585.jpg

Nice car, great mods, and you got a sweet deal. I think you paid for half the mods, and got the other half and the car free.

Hey isin't this the same car that was for sale with the Cosworth kit and the 19" rims.

congrats quickdraw!!!
i dont remember the exact mods under the hood but know its massive inside.
looks like a real beast from the rear shot.
drive safe and cheers!!!

mpower : its the same car mate.

A set of lowering springs will make it look sweet.

The only word that comes to my mind whenever i see a Mondeo on road, is BEAUTY ! Just love the overall stance of the car.

This one with all the mods and oz wheels just steals the show. clap:
Congratulations mate !

PS: btw, there's another modded Black Mondeo seen standing on the Mayur Colony road in kothrud. Someone trying to compete, huh ?

Congrats Quickdraw. Thats a SWEET ride you got there. I was confused by the Blackbird moniker for a bit thoughstupid:

Congrats Quickdraw.
Looks really neat.

Can we have some pics under the hood and the interiors please:

Quote:

Originally Posted by v1p3r (Post 1159817)
Nice car, great mods, and you got a sweet deal. I think you paid for half the mods, and got the other half and the car free.

Err thanks?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mpower (Post 1159833)
Hey isin't this the same car that was for sale with the Cosworth kit and the 19" rims.

Yes its the same car.
Quote:

Originally Posted by white_vdi (Post 1159839)
congrats quickdraw!!!
i dont remember the exact mods under the hood but know its massive inside.
looks like a real beast from the rear shot.
drive safe and cheers!!!

mpower : its the same car mate.

Exact list so far as was done by Areez (Direct copy paste from the AD)

1) Cosworth Intake manifold with plenum and velocity stacks
2) CFM Billet 67mm Throttle Body
3) K&N Apollo
4) NGK Iridium Spark plugs
5) De-Cat
6) Quad Remus Titanium Exhaust
7) OZ Racing Superleggera 19"X8.5" Rims.
8) Michelin Pilot Sport PS2 235/35 & 265/35 (YES..265!!)
9) BREMBO RS 4 POT Calipers at the front!!
10) EBC 330mm drilled and slotted rotors up front
11) Goodridge braided Stainless Steel brake lines all around
12) 7" DVD touchscreen with Rockford Fosgate amp and 12" sub
13) TPMS
14) Jaguar flip remote key..for those of you that don't know..the Mondeo Mk3 and the Jaguar X-Type are the same car.
15) CCFL Angel Eyes
16) Michelin aero flat wipers

Am planning to get Focal Components upfront with a good four channel amp. Also maybe getting smoked rear and side indicator lights for it soon. Rest there is nothing in the car which isnt fine and needs replacement I am kind of baffled and confused to what to stock up might be heading to UK soon.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mura (Post 1159854)
A set of lowering springs will make it look sweet.

Bhai maaroge kya :D. The rear wheels have a tendency to touch the arches if the car is fully loaded up with my fat friends. So thats so not going to happen. Was actually trying to find out a way to get them stiffer. I dont care about the ride quality. Am already overtly careful because of the mags. So wont be encountering many potholed ridden roads. She lives the life with the car a lambo owner would give his car!

Quote:

Originally Posted by hkanitkar (Post 1159858)
The only word that comes to my mind whenever i see a Mondeo on road, is BEAUTY ! Just love the overall stance of the car.

This one with all the mods and oz wheels just steals the show. clap:
Congratulations mate !

PS: btw, there's another modded Black Mondeo seen standing on the Mayur Colony road in kothrud. Someone trying to compete, huh ?

Thank you so much, AFAIK I just know about 2-3 mondys that I see around the vicinity. Havent seen a Black one as yet. You sure it wasnt me? I have been there in the last couple of days.

Quote:

Originally Posted by abhinav.gupta88 (Post 1159887)
Congrats Quickdraw.
Looks really neat.

Can we have some pics under the hood and the interiors please:

Yes yes definately, they are coming up real soon. This is a thing of beauty and deserves to be shared.

Please let me put some more stress to the fact about the whole experence of actually getting the car from Areez and dealing with Lalit, they are absolute gentlemen. I will unfold the story as this goes along. Trust me guys it has to be seen to be taken in properly.

Congratulations on your newest acquisition! The Mondeo is definitely a hell of a looker, and quite a bit of fun to drive as well. I'd driven one in Germany (that was a 5-door station wagon variant), including a 2000km-in-3-days trip, with 5 adults and a lot of luggage in the car, and it had no trouble touching (and going over) 200kmph on the German Autobahns! And all along, it behaved and handled very well.

Even the estate version looks hot.

Life with the SR-71 is like a mixed bag. It sure does get a lot and lot of stares when on the road. But I have to be overtly careful with the RIMS and the tyres themselves are prone to side wall ballons. Have driven it over 1000kms now not a major issue till now. I do get a wierd wobbly feeling from 80-95 km/h and it escapes after that.

Am planning to get some stuff over from UK for it, was asking RPM as well on what would be a good buy to stock up on except brakepads and clutch plates. The rear suspension feel like it can be damped up or maybe its just the massive rears have a tendency to touch the arches if the car is all loaded up with people and things over bouncy roads.

Rest all is hmm great more or less. I am happy with the milage I've been getting around 10 in the city. The sound is to die for though, you have to hear it in person. Its beautiful. Its more then obvious the care taken by the pervious owner shows. I am doing my best to make it even better. The floor mats need to be changed though.

Wanted to ask you guys there is some wierd kind of rust on the wheel hubs how do I fix that? I hate it because it shows through the wheels and it looks terrible. I was also able to program an extra key I got easily. And there is a plehotra of information available for the car online. I find out something new everyday to tell you the truth. Have been adviced against getting a complete repaint, instead detailing will be done of the minor nicks and scratches.

Thats that for now. Have absolutely no cash to spend on the car right now. Will be doing most of the stuff in March or April. Also am trying to get a 19" alloy with the PCD 114.5 to keep as a spare (the car doesnt have a spare tyre) let me know if any of you have one for sale.

Additions done since I got the car :

JVL Steering mounted RC for the ICE.

please: keep the discussion going on guys!

It sure looks awesome!! Congrats!

PS: You have put bigger tyres at the rear in a FWD car :p ?

That one hail of a car..Congrats on your new possession.:thumbs up Mondeo is looker and very economical to run. I drive one in UK for ~2 years.

Can we have pics of the Angel eyes at night. The Jaguar key and the hood also.

By the way amazing list of mods.

Quote:

Originally Posted by abhinav.gupta88 (Post 1163081)
Can we have pics of the Angel eyes at night. The Jaguar key and the hood also.

By the way amazing list of mods.

The smaller set of angel eyes isnt working, the mechs at 4 Seasons forgot to connect them when taking off the COSSIE intake.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 (Post 1163048)
It sure looks awesome!! Congrats!

PS: You have put bigger tyres at the rear in a FWD car :p ?

Thats Areez for you. Not me. I would never be able to afford another set of the rear tyres anyway they are the Porsche spec NA tyres. Needed your inputs on which tyres to go for to save my mags and the horrid tyre wall ballons.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sanstorm (Post 1163066)
That one hail of a car..Congrats on your new possession.:thumbs up Mondeo is looker and very economical to run. I drive one in UK for ~2 years.

Interesting which spec do you have? This is the MK 3 version.

So guys first question, the tyres will need to be replaced within the next 10k kms which ones should I go for and wont burn my wallet. Also any inputs on the wierd wobbles?