Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd April 2009, 08:24   #16
Senior - BHPian

Congrats. Its a good VFM car . Spacious , Reliable , Good A.S.S. Enjoy.
Old 23rd April 2009, 12:04   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krish82 View Post
SO is Getz 1.1 retuned i10 Engine?
Getz 1.1 is definitely the Santro engine with a different (remapped) ECU. Unsure why the manual mentions IRDE.

This is best and most practical analysis and review I have seen of the 1.1. People tend to write-off this model because of the 'Santro' engine but for city dwellers who are not out and out enthusiasts, it's a great car and excellent VFM.

My father-in-law is planning to replace his 2000 Santro (original 1.0 engine) and I am pushing for the 1.1 as opposed to his plan to buy another Santro. This will be his last car and kept for minimum 7 years. Unfortunately, even Hyundai salesman downplay the car saying it's underpowered, AC doesn't cool, low mileage etc.

But for a sedate driver with VFM, space, build quality, compact dimensions (compared to Vista), service network, reasonable mileage and overall reliability in mind, nothing beats the Getz 1.1.

I have asked him to hold on till the Ritz 1.2 comes out and Maruti revises the positioning of it's models.
Old 23rd April 2009, 15:33   #18
BHPian

Great choice! I too purchased a Getz 1.3 last month, and believe me, its a great car, both in city and on the highways
Old 23rd April 2009, 16:03   #19
BHPian

Congrats dear.

Its a real VFM car.

About the engine, well i heard that, both Santro & i10 has similar engine (though i10 engine tuned differently)

Guys please confirm.
Old 23rd April 2009, 22:38   #20
BHPian

ERLX or IRDE in Getz Prime?

Quote:
Originally Posted by loving_alaap View Post
Congrats dear.

Its a real VFM car.

About the engine, well i heard that, both Santro & i10 has similar engine (though i10 engine tuned differently)

Guys please confirm.
i will just upload the photo of the brouchre where it says IRDE engine in Getz prime 1.1

My New Hyundai Getz 1.1-img_2688.jpg

Also is the 1.1 engine SOHC? it should be right? if it is not DOHC.
Old 24th April 2009, 07:13   #21
BHPian

Hmm , does this mean that they are going to stop current and put the irde in the Getz? In such case the price of 1.1 should go up.

Also apart from all the hype, what is the real gain of 1.1 irde compared to 1.1 original engine?
Old 24th April 2009, 09:14   #22
Distinguished - BHPian

I'd say it's just a typo.

The Getz Prime website mentions the same words but says eRLX! See: Welcome to Hyundai Motor :: Hyundai Getz Prime

No way Hyundai will reengineer the Getz with the i10 engine so late in it's lifecycle.
Old 24th April 2009, 12:22   #23
Senior - BHPian

krish, one of the superb review of getz 1.1 i came across, yes this is a very practical city car provided with loads of space within without feel of underpowered, yes it does when you want to overtake on 4-5th gear with 50kmph or with fully loaded with trunk full, else within city limits its a gr8 package with new price affect.Keep updating.
Old 7th May 2009, 20:27   #24
BHPian

Congrats on your new ride. it is a very spacious car,

Ride safe!!!!
Old 7th May 2009, 20:53   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrishig View Post
Hmm , does this mean that they are going to stop current and put the irde in the Getz? In such case the price of 1.1 should go up.

Also apart from all the hype, what is the real gain of 1.1 irde compared to 1.1 original engine?
Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
I'd say it's just a typo.

The Getz Prime website mentions the same words but says eRLX! See: Welcome to Hyundai Motor :: Hyundai Getz Prime

No way Hyundai will reengineer the Getz with the i10 engine so late in it's lifecycle.

Well well, so much confusion!
Let me clear it for you guys.
iRDE is nothing but Santro's eRLX engine retuned to give 66 ps as against 63 ps of the eRLX.
Prior to launching i10, Hyundai had already employed this retuned engine (so called iRDE) in the Getz Prime 1.1. However, Hyundai did not chose to market it as "iRDE".
On launch of i10 1.1, Hyundai used the same engine as Getz 1.1 and named it as iRDE, even though its just re tuned Santro Engine, so that the name does not sound like an old engine.

So to conclude, both Getz Prime 1.1 and i10 1.1 have and always had the same engine - that is remapped Santro eRLX.

Its the Kappa engine found in i10 1.2 that is NEW.

Last edited by DCEite : 7th May 2009 at 20:58.
Old 8th May 2009, 13:04   #26
BHPian

DCEite

Very good information
Old 11th May 2009, 15:07   #27
BHPian

A nice car & now with price cut its a gem of the car.

congrats buddy.

I am also thinking this car as a replacement of my santro.
Old 21st May 2009, 22:52   #28
BHPian

Mileage Kya Re!

Hi every one,

Thanks for your replies. Its been 1 + month since i got my Getz, and so 2 full tanks of fuel. But i am not able to calculate the mileage.

1st Tank fill : 38 Liters auto cutt off and 1 litre more, i thought i was getting 11+

2nd Tank fill :i was running with fuel warning lamp on for 1.5 days and filled up, i thought there was fuel remaining, But the petrol bunk fello filled the car with 46.3 litres , Auto cutt off was @ 40L. How can this happen when the Tank capacity of getz is 45 Litres, and there is some fuel that was remaining. When i filled 47litres i had travelled 450 kms with previously filled 38L + some remaining litres of fuel. May be i can average out after a few fillings.My accent gives about 8.5 avg.

i feel the petrol bunk fellow is cheating, that fellow is cheating 4 to 5 litres for every Tank full (Indian oil bunk, near Thiruvanmayur bus terminus LB Road chennai) .

1. How is Tank full calculated, upto brim or up to auto cutoff?
2. The Tyre pressure seems to come down to 24 psi from 30 psi in 20 days, is this normal?

Thanks

Last edited by krish82 : 21st May 2009 at 22:57.
Old 3rd August 2009, 15:44   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krish82 View Post
Hi every one,

Thanks for your replies. Its been 1 + month since i got my Getz, and so 2 full tanks of fuel. But i am not able to calculate the mileage.

1st Tank fill : 38 Liters auto cutt off and 1 litre more, i thought i was getting 11+

2nd Tank fill :i was running with fuel warning lamp on for 1.5 days and filled up, i thought there was fuel remaining, But the petrol bunk fello filled the car with 46.3 litres , Auto cutt off was @ 40L. How can this happen when the Tank capacity of getz is 45 Litres, and there is some fuel that was remaining. When i filled 47litres i had travelled 450 kms with previously filled 38L + some remaining litres of fuel. May be i can average out after a few fillings.My accent gives about 8.5 avg.

i feel the petrol bunk fellow is cheating, that fellow is cheating 4 to 5 litres for every Tank full (Indian oil bunk, near Thiruvanmayur bus terminus LB Road chennai) .

1. How is Tank full calculated, upto brim or up to auto cutoff?
2. The Tyre pressure seems to come down to 24 psi from 30 psi in 20 days, is this normal?

Thanks
Oh GOD i think you are talking about the petrol bunk near adyar depot for heaven sake please do not fuel the car there.
1. they have adultrated fuel
2. as you said they cheat in fuel measures
long bank they filled 40litres in my uno diesel when there was about 1/5 of the tank fill of fuel. after that i stopped using it.
the one near adyar lifestyle and malar hospital is good(both of them are BP)

note:
if you are driving with the fuel warning lights for that long you tend to empty your tank and use the fuel in the pipelines as well. the fuel in the pipelines come up to few litres.
do not do that as it affects the fuel filter and injector.
And with air pressure as low as 24psi there will be a drastic lose in mileage.
best practice is to check the pressure once in a week or everytime you fuel up the car
Old 3rd August 2009, 16:06   #30
BHPian

hey bro good buy the car looks good in white. Well said, it the most spacious and comfortable car in that segment. I bought the getz 1.3 2.5 years back just before prime was launched. I ended up buying it when i wanted a comfortable city car with easy drivability as i was tried of driving innova within city with huge A pillars. Visiblity and drivability are the party piece of the car. Fit and quality standards better than accent GLS but unfortunately the GETZ 1.3 has a very bad initial pick up compared to accent. the 1.1 should be better.
i still like the black interiors as its easy to maintain.
my advice is please change the good year gt3 tyres they will become very noisy and will have uneven wear out.
i have did 25k kms get a mileage of 8.5 to 10kmpl in city depending up on the driving conditions.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks