Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st May 2005, 14:32   #1
Team-BHP Support

Driven - Quick Test - Smart Roadster

Greetings from Manchester ! Am over for a two week stint.

First job was to give a second opinion to my cousin who is looking at buying a SMART Brabus Roadster. Only the plain vanilla roadster was available for the test.

Looks - The Brabus in black looks hot - the monoblock wheels make it look butch. Interiors look good with the chrome inserts. Plastics are a bit hard and brittle.

At the wheel - you sit real low - especially when one jumps in from an X5. Everything falls to hand. Key unlocks the gear lever. You have the choice of the auto or tiptronic. Snug for my 6 ft frame. Bit of an effort to get in

Start her up - felt at home - throb of the three cyl engine reminded me of my wifes car. With 80 bhp, it really moves. Gearshift is a bit slow witted. YOu would need to plan your down shifts well ahead.

Handling and Steering - Boy it is chuckable and holds the road. Amazing what fun you can have with a basic car with a good power/bhp ratio. However, the electric power steering spoils the show - pls refer my comments in the swift test drive. Ride is bumpy but this is a raw sports car

Verdict - a great car with character for an enjoyable commute. The Brabus looks classy. I enjoyed it and look forward to driving the Brabus next time I am hear. As it is being discontinued, resale will be good.

Have some photos on my phone as i am travelling, it will be uploaded once I am back.

Well, I wonder what I drive next - who know's, may be the old man does !!!
Old 8th June 2005, 16:14   #2
Senior - BHPian

having nice fun at manchester,huh?
do u have a secretary position vacant ?
Old 8th June 2005, 16:46   #3
Senior - BHPian

What's the price diff between a top end smart and a bottom end A class. Is the smart worth buying over an A class?

Shan2nu
Old 8th June 2005, 21:20   #4
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous
having nice fun at manchester,huh?
do u have a secretary position vacant ?

Well am now in London -wait till tomm.!!!!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks