Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th May 2009, 11:54   #61
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raajks View Post

I am planning to go for the 3M
SP 35 is series widely recommended by many 3M dealers.

Can I get some EXPERT recommendations on the same.
Hi Raj, Congrats on your buy. Regarding 3m I have an incident to narrate. When I bought my safari, I got 3m installed at Auto fusion , Koramangala and they messed up the installation. But they promptly sent a guy from 3M distributor to rectify.

I have this person's number.PM me if you need to know. I paid 10.5 k at Auto fusion for CR70(front) and CS50 for the sides. Now the same installation was done to my friend's car for 8k by this guy. CR70 comes with 5 yr warranty and CS50 comes with 3yrs. The only thing you loose out here is the warranty card but this guy insists he will replace if there are any defects.

I would suggest you go for CR70 in the front and CR50 for the sides if you can afford. If not you can go for CS 50 or RE 50 for the sides. CS is non metallic type whereas RE is the metallic type. Both should go well for white car.

I don't think anything less than 50% visibility is RTO approved.
Old 12th May 2009, 12:27   #62
BHPian

hello raajks, so enjoying your car to the the core mate??
pls post some pics of rear as well. Have'nt seen cedia sports in white from rear.
Old 12th May 2009, 12:38   #63
BHPian

Congrats!!! Raaj. I just returned to Bangalore and the first thing I did on reaching work was to log into the forum and looked to see if you have got the delivery!

I'm glad your long search has finally ended, welcome to the Cedia club - Congrats, again!

Cheers!
-Chiran
Old 12th May 2009, 13:31   #64
BHPian

@bkkishore_77
Do send the 3M distributor's contact info. Would like to get in touch with the same person. I did speak to one named Srivatsan (Who told me that he is the direct distributor for 3M)

@ashish22
I am loving it mate.. Will post pics of the rear specially for you.

@car'zy
I am glad the search is over.
How was your ride with the new PP2s. Did you find any difference?
Old 12th May 2009, 13:33   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Stunning looks! Do the number plate swap for the HSRPs (High Security Registration Anti Theft Smart Car Number Plates manufacturer India) and stick it directly to the bumper.

Have always drooled after a Sports and looks great in white:-)
@itwasntme - Do you know where in Bangalore one can get these plates done?
Old 18th May 2009, 10:11   #66
BHPian

hey raaj,

at last after so many options a new car, good. congrats

when are you taking me on a drive dude, lets meet up this weekend??? retain the OE alloys & the interiors look neat.

white is an amazing colour, lovely looking car
Old 18th May 2009, 10:42   #67
Distinguished - BHPian

Lovely lovely colour! Love the car. Driven ROC's car a few times and am in love with it.

Waiting for him to upgrade to a proper Evo so that I can take his car!

All you need are bettery tyres. Those RE88s are really sad. Ask ROC. You can feel a massive difference once you upgrade to proper tyres like the PP2s.
Old 20th May 2009, 14:25   #68
BHPian

Congrats!

Congrats Raj, great buying decision! I owned and drove Cedia for good 18 months before I sold it in Jan as I moved to Manila, Philippines!!! It was a very sad day for me to see my Cedia go! Seeing so many Cedias in Manila(lancer here) keeps my heart warm as well as sad that why it couldn't do well in India.

I am eyeing Mitsubishi Gallant here now and should be buying one for myself in next 3 months. Mitsubishi would continue to be my favorite & preferred brand here in Philippines as well.
Old 20th May 2009, 15:49   #69
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram_hyundai View Post
.Now you gave a surprise regarding the package,i was hopping to see a flat slat grilled one,

ram
Same Here Ram .. Expected to see the flat grill just like in the website.
Old 26th May 2009, 08:23   #70
BHPian

Thanks guys for your wishes!!

@bkishore:
Excellent information my friend. However, he had switched off his number for more than a week. Here is a story on that.

3M saga

Since I could nt get in touch with Kishore's contact, I checked with 5 car care showrooms in Bangalore. These showrooms are definitely cheaper than the authorized dealer who sells the car. However, I wanted a more reliable solution.

I went for the SP35 series ( I am not very proud of what I have done, a CS series would have been extremely ideal, I might change to a CS or RE later)

3M has the following 3 options

SP series
CS series
RE series

You will find more information on these sun films on the net
SP
3M India: Executive

CS
3M India: CS Series

RE
3M India: RE Series

Team-BHP reference
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...sunfilm-3.html

Most of the dealers put the SP series when you haggle for goodies on the car, it is the most sort after FOC (free of charge) installation film. Some smart dealers would even give you a CS warranty card when they have installed just the SP film.

It offers very basic sunfilm capabilites.
CS series on the other hand is a LITTLE bit pricey but it offers excellent features for its price. I would recommend the CS series to anyone on a limited budget.

3M contact information (Why rely on the car care dealers all the time, take charge)

Mohit Kapoor (National Sales Manager) - 93421 64943

Chintu (Authorized 3M distributor for Bangalore, @ Jayanagar) - 96200 76048

Senthil (3M applicator) - 97313 88829

You can contact Mohit, give him my name and refer Team-bhp as well.
He is aware of the Team-bhp community, so we can leverage the same. This would give you a better price option.

The 3M applicator (Senthil, if you are in Bangalore) comes to your place and does the film application. I liked his work
The best part is, the car is parked in your own premises while these things are done.

If you plan to do the film application for the rear and front wind shields, you would need a power source.

Update on the car

- 3M sunfilm done

- Oz alloy caps are installed

- Sparco alloy pedals are on its way

- Planning on getting a handling kit from Malaysia
Mitsubishi CS2,3,5 Car Model
Old 29th October 2009, 11:36   #71
BHPian

Hi Raaj

Why are you selling your car?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com