Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th May 2009, 15:00   #1
BHPian

First 1,500 Kms on my new Ford Endeavour 4X2 Limited

Hi All - I have just completed 1,500 kms with my Ford Endeavour and I have the following observations to share. Would greatly appreciate feedback from other owners:

1) The vehicle became quite smooth to drive after running in for 1,000 kms. Does it get even better after the first service?

2) It returned a mileage of nearly 10 kmpl both times I got the fuel tank filled up to test FE. Does it get better after the first service or is this it?

3) Am reasonably happy with the power and torque of this vehicle. Did not feel sluggish to me.

4) The rear suspension, like people have suggested in other posts, leaves a lot to be desired, so tighten your seat belts if sitting on the middle or rear seats

5) I found the middle seats low, but not uncomfortable to sit on (unlike popular belief). Even my friend who is 6 feet+ was quite comfortable over a 1 hour drive. Rear seats are best folded or removed to create luggage space.

6) The stock ICE is quite poor and I got mine replaced. The stock speakers were very shocking (the back of these speakers simply said 4 ohms, 25 watts and looked like the speakers coming out a good old radio set). I have not been able to get hold of the fascia plate for double-din HU, but the original black plate that the vehicle comes with from the factory to the dealer is what I have used with a single din DVD player. Speakers, 2-ch amp and the bass tube are all JBL.

7) Since the vehicle did not come with parking sensors and/or rear camera, I got both installed, and find them both very useful.

8) The AC is quite noisy beyond level 2, but with Llumar Sun Control film installed on all windows, rear and front, it is enough most times at level 2, and quiet too.

Am giving the vehicle in for the first service tomorrow. Since I did not see collective thoughts on the Endeavour, I thought I would start one. Please feel free to populate with your experience.

Cheers,

Sandy
Old 19th May 2009, 13:20   #2
BHPian

Hey people - its been more than 8 days since I posted this, and not a single response !! Would appreciate if Endeavour owners could please share their experience.

Cheers,
Sandy
Old 19th May 2009, 15:20   #3
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Nice review & congratulations! How about pictures of the butch SUV, Sandy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandy16000 View Post
The rear suspension, like people have suggested in other posts, leaves a lot to be desired, so tighten your seat belts if sitting on the middle or rear seats
You might want to explore the Composite leaf spring option. They have a kit for Endeavours as well as a video on the thread. Initial reports have been positive.

Do keep updating this thread with your ownership experience.
Old 20th May 2009, 09:47   #4
BHPian

Thanks GTO. This is useful information. I will look out for reliability feedback on that thread and based on the feedback for the next few months, go ahead with the mod.

Cheers,

Sandy
Old 20th May 2009, 10:53   #5
Team-BHP Support

Drool maal according to me Sandy, i definitely have her in my wish list

Regarding FE and engine sound, it will defenitely improve as you run more. Diesel engines takes more than 10-15k kms by which time they completely free up. So you might have minor improvements in FE and refinement as you go.
Old 20th May 2009, 12:10   #6
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
2) It returned a mileage of nearly 10 kmpl both times I got the fuel tank filled up to test FE. Does it get better after the first service or is this it?
Sandy, was the running more within city limits or highway runs? If purely city driving, it looks to be good considering the size and weight of the vehicle.

Quote:
3) Am reasonably happy with the power and torque of this vehicle. Did not feel sluggish to me.
Is yours the Thunder+ version? I dont think that is sluggish by any means. The older Endys were sluggish going by user feedback, but i believe that has been rectified by the TDCi engine.

Some pics would surely be appreciated.
Old 20th May 2009, 12:32   #7
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Hi Sandy,

Congrats on the purchase. Your review is short and to the point.

I have driven the new endy a couple of times and liked it very much. The heart transplants gave it a new life. Did not feel like a big vehicle and could easily drive it in city traffic.

If it is possible, please upgrade the headlights as the light intensity and beam spread of the stock headlights at night was moderate.

After sales service at Ford has improved, but when compared to Toyota and Hyundai, they have a lot to learn and catch up. Hope you did not have any issues with your first service.
Old 20th May 2009, 13:08   #8
BHPian

Thanks Jaggu - I will probably do 10K in about 6-7 months, if not sooner, and then give an update at 10K kms.

Benbsb29 - This was city driving and included at least 3-4 times of waiting around 15-20 minutes with AC on for my wife. At the last fill-up yesterday, it gave an FE of 9 km, the change was that I had used normal grade diesel from BP COCO in Gurgaon, as against HP high end diesel (per advise of the service engineer at Harpreet Ford). The service engineer expects it to give 10 consistently, but not more, which is fine by me. I have the 4X2 version, but even that does not feel sluggish. I will post the pics as soon as I can click some.

MAS - Agree with you that the vehicle does not feel as big as it is driving on city roads and handle quite well in heavy traffic (with the additional benefit of 'threat value' for other smaller vehicles). You are also right on the headlights and have been kind on Ford by tagging them moderate. In the city it does not matter really, but I would surely explore options prior to Endy's first outstation trip planned for early June. Will research on what to go with.

First service experience was mixed. Harpreet Ford claims to have implemented 'express service', but their biggest bottleneck is their car wash facility. For a 20 minute 'inspection' service, I had to wait 3 hours for the car to be washed first. That sucks !! Hopefully, by the time I have done 1 year with the car, I will just let my driver take it in for service rather than insist on being present myself.

Thanks to all for comments and information, look forward to more!!

Take care,

Sandy
Old 20th May 2009, 13:51   #9
BHPian

Congratulations matey! How about posting a few pictures?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks