Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th May 2009, 01:56   #16
BHPian

looks stunning. Get a good set of rubbers for your baby and ya get rid of the steeringcover asap.
Congratzz
Old 12th May 2009, 02:02   #17
BHPian

Always great to see the excitement with new cars. The car is looking smashing, however and please don't take this the wrong way the price is too high. Thats in Civic territory which itself is overpriced, and so much superior to the City in nearly every way starting from basic specs.

But then so many folks spend ridiculous sums here on their cars so on the whole as long as you are happy it doesn't really matter.
Old 12th May 2009, 08:58   #18
BHPian

Beautiful car and amazing alloys … yeah I know it’s expensive but they definitely makes it look different.
Old 12th May 2009, 08:58   #19
Senior - BHPian

the car looks sooooo beautiful that it made me cry :-)
congratulations on the buy, and hope you maintain the hottie like its just out of the showroom, all the time!
Old 12th May 2009, 08:59   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesal View Post
1.25laks for a already overpriced car. i do not believe you spent 60k on those rims itself. how much was the grille? and the steering cover is looking ugly, get rid of it asap. in bombay it costs around 10.5 and comp. reg comes for around 11.5 i am still in 2 minds.
The Door Sash Molding - 16k
Front Grille - 15k
Alloy Wheels - 57k
Trunk Spoiler - 12k
Door Side Protector - 7k (Damn!, This side protector is just a strip of fiber on the side, and in my old City ZX, it came as a default part).

Rs.1,07,000 just for enhancing the looks (LOL!). I could have bought a Yamaha R15 with that cash!
I know its crazy but what to do!

Other accessories are the mud flaps (1.6k), rev sensor (4k), Pillows (rs.600), Sport Pedal (1.5k) steering cover and a few more which I don't remember right now.

But I feel it is worth it. The car looks unique from the rest of the herd. And I have a code. Whatever car I buy in my lifetime, it would be the top version in the particular model ..... And yes, I cud have bought a Civic MT with this kind of money, but I wouldn't get AT and all those extra stuff (which I really love!)

And I know that the steering cover doesn't look good.

But while driving it feels very comfortable. So I guess I would leave it there.
Old 12th May 2009, 10:32   #21
Senior - BHPian

Two points I wish to make :-
# No climatronic a/c at this price is unfair.
# Go for wider tyres, will greatly enhance the looks as well as handling.

In the video it shows an average of 13.7 kmpl !! Is that all city driving or some highway also. Amazing

Great car, enjoy !!!

Cheers
Old 12th May 2009, 11:27   #22
BHPian

Looks Great. Also, nice FE. On a lighter note, Oh man, you have deep pockets
Old 12th May 2009, 12:16   #23

CONGRATS, Mate ! She looketh Stonking
I'm sure Chennai roads are *BETTER* than namma Bengaluru roads for driving,otherwise it'd be sad to subject a beaut like this to bad roads.

Best,B
Old 12th May 2009, 12:38   #24
Senior - BHPian

60k for the rims that's expensive man can you give us the brake up cost of the accessories that you had purchased from Honda, 1.25l for what all stuff man.
Old 12th May 2009, 14:14   #25
BHPian

I am not happy with the ANHCs headlights. They are just not adequate. I wish to upgrade the stalk bulbs into one of a higher wattage without affecting the warranty!

Can anyone please advise what wattage and brand to go for and the possible negative effect on the reflector due to the upgrade? Secondly, do I necessarily approach the dealer to avoid any warranty issues?
Old 12th May 2009, 14:29   #26
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karizma Fan View Post
The Door Sash Molding - 16k
Front Grille - 15k
Alloy Wheels - 57k
Trunk Spoiler - 12k
Door Side Protector - 7k (Damn!, This side protector is just a strip of fiber on the side, and in my old City ZX, it came as a default part).

Rs.1,07,000 just for enhancing the looks (LOL!). I could have bought a Yamaha R15 with that cash!
I know its crazy but what to do!

Other accessories are the mud flaps (1.6k), rev sensor (4k), Pillows (rs.600), Sport Pedal (1.5k) steering cover and a few more which I don't remember right now.

But I feel it is worth it. The car looks unique from the rest of the herd. And I have a code. Whatever car I buy in my lifetime, it would be the top version in the particular model ..... And yes, I cud have bought a Civic MT with this kind of money, but I wouldn't get AT and all those extra stuff (which I really love!)

And I know that the steering cover doesn't look good.

But while driving it feels very comfortable. So I guess I would leave it there.
oh well. we all spend money in different ways, if you like this, fair enough. i am in 2 minds as well as to sell my 2 city zx and buy one of this, but they are asking for 2 laks more after giving 2 cars. so not sure. i found the linea much better than this. only downside is that no auto in that. and we only drive auto cars. so i want the new city auto and linea top end. let s see if i do get around buying since i just bought a new car a few months back, the i10 autobox.
Old 12th May 2009, 15:02   #27
Senior - BHPian

nice car, nice mods (though expensive, but does it matter for passion), car looks stunning. keep her polished well as black needs quite good maintenance.
Old 13th May 2009, 06:36   #28
BHPian

Congratulations on your new car!! Indeed a nice color and the alloys are no doubt flabbergasting !!!

Notice that in one of the pictures the steering wheel was turned around 180 degrees. Cars with power-steering should be parked with their steering in normal and upright position. It avoids stressing the PS pump. Of course exception to this is if you are parking on a slope where you may want to turn the wheels to anchor them against the curb so the car does not roll accidentally.

Also, the front bumpers look bland. They seem to badly need a pair of fog lamps.
Old 13th May 2009, 09:21   #29

The honda city is an amazing vehicle ... it can kill just by its looks ...

like, you drive the beauty on the road, some1 stares at it, the honda smiles and he is dead ... ( looks good for an animation ) ...

the black color looks stunning...
Old 13th May 2009, 13:38   #30
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Really can't go wrong with a Honda City, or an automatic in our driving conditions. Great choice & congratulations. Your car looks neat in black clothes and the front grille.

Drive safe!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks