Team-BHP - I have been 'm-Hawked'
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/)
-   -   I have been 'm-Hawked' (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/58589-i-have-been-m-hawked-8.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by car.lover (Post 1331514)
Passionrider,

Thanks for all your inputs on the entire process of buying and owning.

I have just booked a Scorpio VLX mHawk at Koncept as well, eagerly awaiting delivery.

Meanwhile am doing the document collection and rounds at banks for finance.

Hopefully, by next week I too will be proud Scorpio owner in Delhi

welcome to the family buddy. :)
do be a part of this thread:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...their-suv.html

Quote:

Originally Posted by car.lover (Post 1331514)
Passionrider,

Thanks for all your inputs on the entire process of buying and owning.

I have just booked a Scorpio VLX mHawk at Koncept as well, eagerly awaiting delivery.

Meanwhile am doing the document collection and rounds at banks for finance.

Hopefully, by next week I too will be proud Scorpio owner in Delhi

Glad to hear. You will enjoy every bit of it.
The finance rates should be lower by at least 1% than what I got. Do read through my thread and negotiate hard on the rates because at the end of the day it is the EMI that you will have to pay :-)

Quote:

Originally Posted by anjan_c2007 (Post 1331682)
Thanks passionrider for the short but point wise review. I agree with all your views but feel that the stock headlights are just OK. I am also maintaining tyre pressure of 32 psi as per the manual.

Welcome to the beasty Scorpio family. Hope to see its pictures and read reviews soon.clap:

Hi anjan_c2007 - as I said the headlamps are just OK. It would be good to upgrade but they are Ok nevertheless :-)

Quote:

Originally Posted by passionrider (Post 1331709)
Glad to hear. You will enjoy every bit of it.
The finance rates should be lower by at least 1% than what I got. Do read through my thread and negotiate hard on the rates because at the end of the day it is the EMI that you will have to pay :-)

car loan rates dropped by 1% ? Is it true for all banks ?

Not all but some of the banks who have reduced their PLR. You can call up and check from individual banks.

Quote:

Originally Posted by passionrider (Post 1332323)
Not all but some of the banks who have reduced their PLR. You can call up and check from individual banks.

Today ICICI reduced its PLR by 0.5 %. Maybe some PSU banks lower it by something like 0.75 or maybe 1.0% (too optimistic :thumbs up), but these private banks - no way, its going to be some 0.5 % only for them.

Quote:

Originally Posted by anjan_c2007 (Post 1333208)
Today ICICI reduced its PLR by 0.5 %. Maybe some PSU banks lower it by something like 0.75 or maybe 1.0% (too optimistic :thumbs up), but these private banks - no way, its going to be some 0.5 % only for them.

hmm, well, thats welcome news, need to check with the banks respectively, though the easiest to lend lbanks ower their rates quite rarely (like ICICI, HDFC )

Hi Anjan_c2007

Here are some pics of the TFT screen that I purchased. Hope this helps you in finding a similar product.

Quote:

Originally Posted by passionrider (Post 1335788)
Hi Anjan_c2007

Here are some pics of the TFT screen that I purchased. Hope this helps you in finding a similar product.

Thanks passionrider for the uploaded pictures. Its makes the whole thing very clear.
Hope to get another review of the beast from you soon.

Thanks Anjan_c2007. The MRP is Rs.7300/- for the TFT but you should be able to get this for around Rs.5500/-. The price of Rs.7200/- mentioned in my earlier posts was the TFT with the Night vision camera. The generic camera with 'some' night vision capabilities shouldnt cost you more than Rs.1200/-. When I say 'some' it means it will work fine in low light areas. But in poorly lit corners, you may not be able to see a small boulder or a low height brick wall with that camera until you come really close to the subject.

Quote:

Originally Posted by passionrider (Post 1336984)
Thanks Anjan_c2007. The MRP is Rs.7300/- for the TFT but you should be able to get this for around Rs.5500/-. The price of Rs.7200/- mentioned in my earlier posts was the TFT with the Night vision camera. The generic camera with 'some' night vision capabilities shouldnt cost you more than Rs.1200/-. When I say 'some' it means it will work fine in low light areas. But in poorly lit corners, you may not be able to see a small boulder or a low height brick wall with that camera until you come really close to the subject.

Thanks again passionrider- its a very good tool for a blind person, driving in the reverse gear with no other means to adjudge whats there for him and his beast.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tanwaramit (Post 1333312)
hmm, well, thats welcome news, need to check with the banks respectively, though the easiest to lend lbanks ower their rates quite rarely (like ICICI, HDFC )

You should get it at 9.25% now from Bank of India for a 3 yrs loan (max 5Lacs) if taken in the name of your wife/mom.

Bank of India car loan appears to be among the most reasonable in the market.SBI car loans may also be available with equally good terms and conditions.

Quote:

Originally Posted by anjan_c2007 (Post 1339634)
Bank of India car loan appears to be among the most reasonable in the market.SBI car loans may also be available with equally good terms and conditions.

BoB was giving at 10.5% interest with a tieup with M&M on 85% of OTR

@Passionrider, @Amit - any suggestions on the best shops in Delhi for adding some accessories to my Scorpio? Where in Lajpat Nagar did you get the Chinese LCD? What about recommendations for a bullbar and upholstery? Which are the best places?