Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st May 2009, 15:29   #16
Senior - BHPian

did you checked new launced Ritz from maruti, till GP and Jazz gets launched, check out ritz which might click as is different then swift and better built,quality all better till now.Also news are of new engines coming for i20, so if you can wait a couple of months, options are well available widely for you.
Old 23rd May 2009, 13:57   #17
BHPian

@ sultanofswing-

Good report on the i20.

I test drove one a couple of days back. It was a very short drive since I was at the dealer's for taking delivery of a friend's i10. On first impressions, it is a pretty decent drive with enough low end torque for city drives. I expected it to be very sluggish with the same 1.2 Kappa engine as in the i10. But its not half as bad as I thought it would be. The suspension was not typically Hyundai soft and felt like a decent compromise between ride and handling, but this was at city speeds, cant comment on its highway manners. Brakes felt good and the steering quite chuckable. Ofcourse, the feedback from the steering is a bit artificial, but that is pretty much a characteristic of the EPS steerings. Overall though, a very nice car to own and drive with fantastic features and build quality.

Just this one thing, there was quite a bit of vibration felt through the seats at idle. It was disconcerting for a car costing as high as 6.5L Surprising because the 1.2 i10 has no such issues. It could probably just be the TD car that had an issue. Anyone else felt this?
Old 23rd May 2009, 14:34   #18
BHPian

@ Roms

Thanks. The TD car which I drove had no such issues. Otherwise I would've mentioned it. And it was 10k km old as well, still no vibrations while idling.

@all
A bit of sad news, dad is getting impatient because the launch of GP has been shifted to 17th June. If not that, the resale value of our Indigo will go further down by that time. As of now, two dealers evaluated it at 1.10L and a private offer of 1.35L has been received. I am really keen on checking out the GP, but seems like it's going to be i20. Not confirmed yet though.
Old 23rd May 2009, 17:29   #19

@sultanofswing there is a Kundan Hyundai showroom on Sadashiv Peth, it's somewhere near Deccan I suppose. There is another one in PCMC area from where I booked my i20 Asta. Gave me decent enough freebies & a bit of cash discount too, considering it's a newly launched car I think this is a pretty decent deal.
Old 23rd May 2009, 23:37   #20
BHPian

@ritzy25

Thanks! In Sadashivpeth/Tilak road there is KOTHARI hyundai. Kundan Hyundai is the PCMC one I suppose. Could you please tell me what freebies exactly did you get other than flaps and mat? So I can pressurise this fellow. It would be very helpful.
Old 25th May 2009, 11:50   #21
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sultanofswing View Post
I just re-read my post and noticed I'd forgotten to mention this part. The Stockyard which we went to was atrocious! It was this big open ground type space cordoned off with wire fence as if all the cars were impounded. All, I repeat, ALL the cars had a THICK layer of dust covering them and were baking in the sun. I always assumed cars were stored indoors (hangar type structures). This is where the cars are brought from the factory, and as per orders, are dispatched from here to the showroom, from where delivery is taken. I didn't have my camera with me, so no photos unfortunately.

This may be the case with this particular dealer or maybe not. Is this how all cars are stocked generally?
Yep all cars are stocked this way at not just the dealer place but also in factories. Very rarely would you find roofs for the parked unsold new cars. And Dust afterall cannot be helped in an open area.
Old 25th May 2009, 12:42   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sultanofswing View Post
@ Roms

Thanks. The TD car which I drove had no such issues. Otherwise I would've mentioned it. And it was 10k km old as well, still no vibrations while idling.
Yup, checked out a friend's i20 yesterday and there were absolutely no vibrations and the car is supremely refined at idle. So mine was definitely a case of a badly abused TD car. What a beautifully built car, typically Euro. Dont know if even a GP will be as well built as the i20.
Old 26th May 2009, 23:49   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
Yep all cars are stocked this way at not just the dealer place but also in factories. Very rarely would you find roofs for the parked unsold new cars. And Dust afterall cannot be helped in an open area.
That's sad to hear. Doesn't it have an adverse effect if "stored" or stocked for long this way?

I guess that's one of the reasons why TBHP guides urge members to take delivery of cars most recently manufactured, to avoid or minimise any effects, if at all, during this dust + heat filled stock period.
Old 27th May 2009, 22:13   #24
BHPian

I test drove the car yesterday. The engine doesn't feel underpowered. But the demo car was 4500 km on odo, have a missing left side mirror (holder is there, but mirror fell out) and the steering adjustment lever was also broken. So i highly suspect the reliability of these parts. Also the AC was not that impressive. Rest the car was good in NVH and acceleration. The car feels a bit pricey for the features.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks