Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th May 2009, 17:58   #1
BHPian

Booked the E8 Xylo

Hi Guys.. After Days of silence ..I am back... With some good news.. We finally decided to sell our loyal 03 Scorpio and go in for a XYLO.
Tons of confusion did lay in our minds on deciding a good family car.. i already have a A-star... and needed a big car to accommodate a family of 8 .. Scorpio did that service wonderfully. With 130000 kms on the clock.. i did not have any major damage on my pocket from the Scorpio.. apart from the normal servicing, oil change and tire change. Must say.. Scorpio has been a beauty to drive.
I for once thought of the INNOVA.. but the top end of Innova is almost 2-2.5 lacs higher than the top end XYLO. But the XYLO does have its share of goodies and features.. MINUS the Biggest drawback which is ABS and AIRBAGS. which i personally feel should be a standard for all vehicles. I have compromised on the ABS and AIR BAGS.. but frankly i did want to stick to the budget and had no other option as well. would love to have comments from fellow bhpians on my decision.
By the way.. am of the topic but am sure the mods will forgive me
"CONGRATS TO TEAM BHP" for being invited for a preview and TD of a new launch (RITZ) and a great Review made by GTO - special congratulations to him..
Am getting my vehicle on Friday (atleast am promised so? i pray time lines are maintained) BLACK Color.
Old 20th May 2009, 18:06   #2
Team-BHP Support

Congrats patelhemals

What about the deal / discount / freebies etc ?
Old 20th May 2009, 18:11   #3
BHPian

Will Keep u posted soon friends... need a quick breather...
Old 20th May 2009, 18:15   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by patelhemals View Post
But the XYLO does have its share of goodies and features.. MINUS the Biggest drawback which is ABS and AIRBAGS. which i personally feel should be a standard for all vehicles.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...now-abs-2.html

This thread has details on the xylo with abs.
Old 20th May 2009, 18:18   #5
BHPian

Mahindra has announced that Xylo will now come with optional ABS. Please check with the dealers again.
Old 20th May 2009, 18:33   #6

All the gadgets but no real safety features!

I looked at the Xylo for my mother. It's a lot of car for the money, and despite its lack of refinement (compared with the now-outdated and tired Innova) it is still No. 1 on my list.

I like the looks of the Xylo. Some people say that it is ugly, but the design will grow on you, believe me!

The electric window controls are positioned logically, unlike in the Scorpio where they are located inconveniently in the centre console, and electric door mirrors are a real plus. The Xylo is comfortable, capacious and stylish.

My only real complaint about the Xylo is that Mahindra have spent too much time thinking of ways to add toys - choose your own god - directional compass - fuel trip computer - parking sensors, etc.

BUT WHERE ARE THE AIR BAGS AND ABS?

I agree with Patelhemals. ABS and Air Bags are life-savers and should be a standard for all vehicles.

Good luck with delivery, Patelhemals, and please let us know how your nex Xylo meets with your expectations!
Old 20th May 2009, 18:39   #7
Senior - BHPian

ABS is now available on the Xylo as an option, I think this is only available on the E6 and E8.
Cheers,
Old 20th May 2009, 21:14   #8
BHPian

Quote:
MINUS the Biggest drawback which is ABS and AIRBAGS. which i personally feel should be a standard for all vehicles. I have compromised on the ABS and AIR BAGS.. but frankly i did want to stick to the budget and had no other option as well. would love to have comments from fellow bhpians on my decision.
ABS is now available in E-8 at an ex-showroom price of 8.19Lacs New Delhi. Try to purchase that as it is worth the price.
Old 20th May 2009, 22:39   #9
Senior - BHPian

I think it is optional on the E6 too. You have to shell out 20 grand more if I am not mistaken.
Yet I am not sure.Confirm
Old 21st May 2009, 14:38   #10
Senior - BHPian

hemal, congrats on your another new ride mate. As others said xylo now gets ABS as optional, so do check out with your dealer regarding the same and if you can do get that in your car.Keep updating.CHEERS!!
Old 25th May 2009, 20:53   #11
BHPian

Post Delivery and Pics

Thanks for your comments... SAD that the ABS was released... had already booked the vehicle and Have taken delivery of the vehicle.
Well Delivery of the vehicle was as expected ... completely messed up from the dealer.. As usual late.. and we got the delivery late in the evening.
We had to rush out of town the next morning, hence had no option.. I wish there was a clause which protects consumers from being troubled by rogue dealers.
Anyways am posting pics , drove the vehicle for 500 kms (did not rev more.. but at the same time enjoyed the ride.) I feel the luxury and strong presence on the road acknowledges my decision of the Xylo E8. Engine performs superb (slight less power then the scorpio which is felt on the highway, at the same time.. is not Underpowered at all)
Excellent legroom, Awesome Features and Great Ride to sum it all.
Attached Thumbnails
Booked the E8 Xylo-dsc02149.jpg  

Booked the E8 Xylo-dsc02218.jpg  

Booked the E8 Xylo-dsc02220.jpg  

Booked the E8 Xylo-dsc02224.jpg  

Old 25th May 2009, 21:12   #12
BHPian

Some more pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijaythacker View Post
hemal, congrats on your another new ride mate. As others said xylo now gets ABS as optional, so do check out with your dealer regarding the same and if you can do get that in your car.Keep updating.CHEERS!!
Thanks vijay..
But it was too late for a change
trying to upload more pics but some or the other error,,
will try again 2morow

Last edited by patelhemals : 25th May 2009 at 21:20.
Old 25th May 2009, 21:26   #13
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for your comments... SAD that the ABS was released... had already booked the vehicle and Have taken delivery of the vehicle.
Well Delivery of the vehicle was as expected ... completely messed up from the dealer.. As usual late.. and we got the delivery late in the evening.
We had to rush out of town the next morning, hence had no option.. I wish there was a clause which protects consumers from being troubled by rogue dealers.
Anyways am posting pics , drove the vehicle for 500 kms (did not rev more.. but at the same time enjoyed the ride.) I feel the luxury and strong presence on the road acknowledges my decision of the Xylo E8. Engine performs superb (slight less power then the scorpio which is felt on the highway, at the same time.. is not Underpowered at all)
Excellent legroom, Awesome Features and Great Ride to sum it all.
Hearty congratulations on your new buy. Hope you have endless kms of happy driving. The M &M dealers talk sweet and when it comes to delivering the goods they are below our expectations. Thats common I feel.
How long was your waiting period for the E8 ? I believe its a lovely choice given the comfort it offers to the occupants.It overtakes the Scorpio in the interior comfort department I am sure.
Old 26th May 2009, 09:21   #14
BHPian

Congrats on your new Xylo.

One quick question, why Xylo? esp since you already had a Scorpio.

The way I see it is you moved from a SUV to a MUV primarily due to higher number of people who is expected to sit in the vehicle, right? Possibly price was another factor.

(PS: I'm not questioning your choice. I'm just curious why a Scorpio owner should shift to a Xylo, and not an mHawk Scorpio, Safari or Sumo Gande. All said and done, I think you have made a good choice! )
Old 26th May 2009, 11:09   #15
BHPian

Scorpio to Xylo

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriverR View Post
Congrats on your new Xylo.

One quick question, why Xylo? esp since you already had a Scorpio.

The way I see it is you moved from a SUV to a MUV primarily due to higher number of people who is expected to sit in the vehicle, right? Possibly price was another factor.

(PS: I'm not questioning your choice. I'm just curious why a Scorpio owner should shift to a Xylo, and not an mHawk Scorpio, Safari or Sumo Gande. All said and done, I think you have made a good choice! )
Well the choice of scorpio again was based on the fact that it was the best option for a 8 member family. Not that all 8 seats are occupied always.. but atleast twice a month a family outing together is made without any hassles.

Yes Scorpio is an SUV and have moved from an SUV to a MUV.. but its the luxury and cost of the xylo which endorsed my decision.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks