Team-BHP - Review: 2nd-gen Honda Jazz
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/)
-   -   Review: 2nd-gen Honda Jazz (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/60146-review-2nd-gen-honda-jazz-79.html)

I paid 25K booking amount for Jazz Select model. Got the dealer to write and sign on the sales contract that incase I cancel the booking they will refund the entire amount. Do not allow the dealer to earn easy money at your expense.

For Jazz and Brio there is no cancellation charge in view of long waiting period. If the dealer is asking / deducting cancellation charge, send complain to Honda, they will do the needful.

Bulk of bookings seem to be for Select Model. Seems most VFM.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wall-e (Post 2546314)
I called up capital honda today,now the delivery date seems to be pushed to november.I'am tired of waiting,on inquiring about cancellation ASM told me that the cancellation charge would be Rs 2500/-.Folks can you let me know if this is normal practice to charge cancellation amount especially for jazz booking or are the dealers making use of high demand? i was not told about this cancellation charge when i did the booking.

I had also booked a jazz from capitalhonda on the specific condition that there was no cancellation charges. Please do not accept these charges .If necessary take it up with HSIL.

Quote:

Originally Posted by freak1201 (Post 2546694)
I had paid 50k booking amount. But my dealer has agreed to pay back entire amount without cancellation charges as the problem is at their end and they couldnt honour delivery.
I am confused. :Frustrati

I have the same confusion now. The SA is not ready to commit to delivering on any date. I have paid 1lac as booking amount.

I had a question for people who already got their new Jazzes. Does it have an improved gear ratio for better pick ups in 2nd gear?

Yesterday went to Honda Showroom in Faridabad for booking Jazz select after checking out
Etios Liva. But shocked to listen that booking is CLOSED :( . Do any one else know about this and any idea when will this will reopen?

Quote:

Originally Posted by kbrtz125 (Post 2547611)
Do not allow the dealer to earn easy money at your expense.

Actually, even if he refunds your entire amount, he is still earning easy money at your expense.

25000 x 500 bookings = 1.25 crores of liquid at no interest :D

Of course, there are some manufacturers who pay interest on booking amounts, but even that is usually below the market rates.

Quote:

Originally Posted by abhi1881 (Post 2547978)
Yesterday went to Honda Showroom in Faridabad for booking Jazz select after checking out
Etios Liva. But shocked to listen that booking is CLOSED :( . Do any one else know about this and any idea when will this will reopen?

It seems Honda is slapping a penalty to dealers who take bookings for the Jazz!

Took delivery of a Jazz Select Urban Titanium today. Nice car. Specially impressed with the space and premium interiors.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rsadani (Post 2548761)
Took delivery of a Jazz Select Urban Titanium today. Nice car. Specially impressed with the space and premium interiors.

Congrats rsadani ! Good to see the deliveries happening and the wait ending :)

Looking forward to your ownership thread (with lots of pictures) and your initial review.

Quote:

Congrats dude! wish you many miles of happy jazzing. Do come up with a ownership thread to let us know about your experience with the car. Post an initial review soon.

Quote:

Congratulations rsadani. This is encouraging news for us ppl who have made the bookings.

Checked with Dakshin Honda here in Bangalore yesterday, the SA told me that they are getting around 20 to 25 cars a month from Honda. Also the booking for the Jazz is temporarily halted as they need to clear the huge backlog. He also informed about the delay in parts shipment possibly due to the floods in Thailand. They also assured that i would be getting my Jazz X in November, had booked mine in the last week of August.

I have gone ahead and booked a Jazz Base version. The booking amount was only 10,000 and the dealer said there would be a 4 month waiting period. Also he said the booking is refundable completely if cancelled, though i havent got it in writing.

A question : teh delivery is expected in Feb. So i asked him if i'll be getting a 2012 manufactured car, to which he said it'll be 2011 only. didnt understand if it takes more than 30 days from D. O. M to delivery?

Quote:

Originally Posted by vigneshA (Post 2549378)
I have gone ahead and booked a Jazz Base version. The booking amount was only 10,000 and the dealer said there would be a 4 month waiting period. Also he said the booking is refundable completely if cancelled, though i havent got it in writing.

A question : teh delivery is expected in Feb. So i asked him if i'll be getting a 2012 manufactured car, to which he said it'll be 2011 only. didnt understand if it takes more than 30 days from D. O. M to delivery?

Manufacturing to Delivery should at most take 2 weeks. Unless they are maintaining inventory which is obviously not the case for Jazz. I think though they are commiting for Feb, they will probably deliver earlier.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vigneshA (Post 2549378)

With every Jazz thats being shipped from Honda is immediately delivered to customers, i dont think there should be a 30 day gap between manufacture and delivery.

In any case, if you are taking delivery in Feb, Please INSIST on a 2012 car, even if it means waiting 15 more days for the next lot. the 15 days wait could save you 20-30k in re sale value later on. or try and get some goodies/discount for buying a 2011 manufactured car in 2012.