Team-BHP - Got my new Verna CRDi
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/)
-   -   Got my new Verna CRDi (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/60445-got-my-new-verna-crdi.html)

I got the delivery of my new Verna on the 9th of June 2009.

Pre Delivery and Loan Experiences
After I booked my car from Sanjay Hyundai Pune, there was no communication from the dealer for about 1 and ½ weeks. I called the guy and gave him a earful. In that time the processing of my loan was going on (SBI :)). It took 2 weeks for the processing of my car loan at SBI. SBI is not that bad as they say, we gave them all the docs they wanted and they didn’t bother us after that. Just it takes little more time than other banks, but it gives low interest rate and also the pre-payment and foreclosure rules are flexible. Also for some reason the loan guys at the Sanjay Hyundai wanted us not to take loan from SBI, have heard same from other dealers.
The sales person called me after two weeks saying that the car is ready and we can come and give the payment and take the car. Before that we had to give the down payment to the dealer. The dealer was pretty flexible in taking the money as in you can give part by cheque and part by cash or card.lol:

Delivery
So Tuesday 9th June was decided as the day on which I will get the car. So in the evening I went to see get the car. When I saw the car I was like wow. I was a bit skeptical about the color of the car as I hadn’t seen the new Blushing Red color Verna but when I was really happy that I took this color( wife’s choice ). It took about 1 hour to get the delivery formalities done. I didn’t get the TC paper that day but the sales guy gave me the papers the next day at my home.

Post Delivery
The car is like awesome. Awesome in looks, awesome interiors and engine is a well known thing. Have posted the photos. Runs like a charm and am just waiting to get the running in done so that I can really test the car. Will keep you posted on my experiences

Accessories

Congratulations on your purchase. The diesel motor is a stonker & you will enjoy your ride for sure. Excellent choice of variant you got there... the 'SX'. Are you planning to upgrade your footwear? Have a blast!

Congrats, thats one car that has always pleased its owner. Good decision of opting for the ABS version. Please do change the tyres to increase the handling aspect.

How much did it cost OTR?

Congrats on the new buy...
Good variant and a good crdi engine.
drive safe.. happy riding..

Congrats on the new ride, You forgot to cover the number plate in one of the pics ;-)

Congrats on buying a great car. You're surely gonna love the stonker of an engine.
How much did the spoiler cost you? Any holes drilled to install the same?

I noticed that the VGT badge is missing on the Left Fender. It is supposed to be just above the repeater light. Improper PDI or it might be very well a case of a repainted fender. Do check regarding this with the concerned dealer.

Cool choice of color, @Gourav, quite a looker

And perfect choice of buying the Verna with ABS.

Drive Safe and Injoy

Cheers

No steering mounted controls.... i thought they did with the 2009 versions of the Verna?
Congrats on your purchase.

Congrats :)
you have a monster now.Drive safe and you will enjoy each and every minute with her.

Quote:

Originally Posted by anilkalvani (Post 1349275)
Congratulations on your purchase. The diesel motor is a stonker & you will enjoy your ride for sure. Excellent choice of variant you got there... the 'SX'. Are you planning to upgrade your footwear? Have a blast!

Well not recently.. but would definitely like to do it after some time.

Quote:

Originally Posted by live2drive (Post 1349315)
Congrats on buying a great car. You're surely gonna love the stonker of an engine.
How much did the spoiler cost you? Any holes drilled to install the same?

The spoiler cost is 6k i got a discount from the dealer. Dont know if there were any holes drilled will check and let you know.
Quote:

Originally Posted by mobike008 (Post 1349279)
Congrats, thats one car that has always pleased its owner. Good decision of opting for the ABS version. Please do change the tyres to increase the handling aspect.

How much did it cost OTR?

The total cost was 8.7 on road in pune(PCMC).
Hmm which tyres do you recommend and how much are they going to cost?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Circle (Post 1349287)
Congrats on the new ride, You forgot to cover the number plate in one of the pics ;-)

Ya missed it... now i cant change it.. :(

Quote:

Originally Posted by extreme_torque (Post 1349330)
No steering mounted controls.... i thought they did with the 2009 versions of the Verna?
Congrats on your purchase.

Yes i also thought so but its not there in any version of Verna.

Congrats, fellow Verna (CRDI SX ABS) owner!

I have had the same car for the last 9 months and am extremely happy with it. No doubt that you'll have a love affair with it. Just a few questions:

1) What is the name of the new shade of red? Looks like they borrowed it from the i10. More pleasing to the eye than the previous glaring red (in my opinion).

2) As live2drive pointed out, the "VGT" sticker on the left flank of the boot is missing. Please check with the dealer.

3) There are hardly any interior changes from the previous model except the new music system. Does it continue to have a cassette player? What brand is it?

There are hundreds of Verna owners on this thread. Dont hesitate to contact us for help.

Congratulations on the purchase. I am sure she will treat you well for many years to come.

I really like the finish of the new stereo in the new Verna - the old one used to be an eye sore so I had to get it removed from mine. How does the new stereo sound - Does it have an Aux In?

Its also good to see that the car now comes with Alloys - and very good OTR - I paid 9.6 for mine (Mumbai) just about a year back.

Safe driving!

Quote:

Originally Posted by gouravsinha (Post 1349571)
The total cost was 8.7 on road in pune(PCMC).

Quote:

Originally Posted by sirajbose (Post 1349654)
I really like the finish of the new stereo in the new Verna - the old one used to be an eye sore so I had to get it removed from mine. How does the new stereo sound - Does it have an Aux In?

Its also good to see that the car now comes with Alloys - and very good OTR - I paid 9.6 for mine (Mumbai) just about a year back.

The price discussion is getting really confusing. I paid 8.7 for exactly the same model in Sep 2008, and was told the price has gone up by 40-50K in the 2009 Verna. Now it turns out Siraj paid 9.6 a year ago for a 2008 Verna, while Gourav paid the same 8.7 for a 2009 Verna!:confused: Chakkar kya hai boss?

As for the stereo, I agree that the new one is less of an eyesore than the old one. But then it played cassettes as well! Atleast my huge casette collection of school days didnt go to waste:)!

Quote:

Originally Posted by predatorwheelz (Post 1349670)
The price discussion is getting really confusing. I paid 8.7 for exactly the same model in Sep 2008, and was told the price has gone up by 40-50K in the 2009 Verna. Now it turns out Siraj paid 9.6 a year ago for a 2008 Verna, while Gourav paid the same 8.7 for a 2009 Verna!:confused: Chakkar kya hai boss?

Dada - The issue is with taxes - Mumbai has some of the highest taxes on automobiles - 4% on the ex-showroom price if I am not wrong. To make matters worse I live in "proper" Thane - "Proper" because this is in the main Thane city and not the outskirts like a Vashi or Panvel where you do not pay any taxes = the result is even higher taxes than Mumbai - 4.5% :Frustrati

Quote:

Originally Posted by predatorwheelz (Post 1349591)
1) What is the name of the new shade of red? Looks like they borrowed it from the i10. More pleasing to the eye than the previous glaring red (in my opinion).

The new color is called Blushing Red. Yes it is copied from I10. Old red color is discountinued. Even mine is the first Blushing Red i have seen.
Quote:

2) As live2drive pointed out, the "VGT" sticker on the left flank of the boot is missing. Please check with the dealer.

Yes will do so. Also need to find out why is it not there
Quote:

3) There are hardly any interior changes from the previous model except the new music system. Does it continue to have a cassette player? What brand is it?

I asked the dealer and even looked at it brand looks like hyundai only.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sirajbose (Post 1349654)
I really like the finish of the new stereo in the new Verna - the old one used to be an eye sore so I had to get it removed from mine. How does
the new stereo sound - Does it have an Aux In?

The stereo sounds really good but there is no AUX in :(