Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th June 2009, 13:57   #61
BHPian

Distance to empty (Range), avg.speed , Avg.mileage, Instantaneous mileage, time taken, distance travelled etc etc will come once you press the Trip button on the right stalk (one with wiper controls). Thats how its in the Linea. Someone try that on GP and confirm.

Sid has displayed only the "settings menu" pics for mycar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by myavu View Post
Beautifully written

Thank you.

Hey, are we missing Distance to empty and Millage indicator in My Car?

Cheers!
Old 19th June 2009, 13:58   #62
BHPian

You are right. Looks are subjective and thats why I said I feel it looks ugly. To me Swift is the better looking hatch amongst the lot you mentioned and i20 is the best looking

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post

Looks are subjective but its way too subjective in your case. This is the 1st post in 800 + so far in Punto thread that says it looks like an "ugly toad". Isnt that too much, ugly toad.
Which car looks beautiful to you? Ritz, swift or Jazz?
Old 19th June 2009, 14:00   #63
BHPian

Superb review sid and super pics too.

BTW, on a lighter note, does any one get reminded of the cute zoozoos in the Vodafone ads when they see the Punto from front??
Old 19th June 2009, 14:28   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobgeorge View Post
BTW, on a lighter note, does any one get reminded of the cute zoozoos in the Vodafone ads when they see the Punto from front??
+1, i second that, for the first time u look at the head lights it gives the same impression
Old 19th June 2009, 14:34   #65
Senior - BHPian

sidindica, not only are you a great guy with scoops but I find your review balanced and mature. And I could recognise the dealer within the firts two pictures itself . I think you went to perhaps the best one in the city!

As you have yourself pointed out in one of your threads, the Indian consumer is a difficult one to please. Give them an i20 and Jazz, they will call them overpriced, underpowered. Give them a GP, they will call it cramped, slower and less efficient than the Swift and a Fiat! I have never understood whether they want: performance, FE, quality, A.S.S., resale or badge.

I think GP gives you a decent engine, decent features (esp ABS, airbags) and a reasonably well-performing engine at Rs 7.00 on road for the MJD. It fills the void that Maruti has never filled by not launching a Swift ZDi. Still, Indian consumers, however, might just love to come home in a Maruti.
Old 19th June 2009, 14:53   #66
BHPian

Good review Sid, how good is the AC?
Old 19th June 2009, 15:26   #67
Distinguished - BHPian

How are:

1. Gearing
2. Clutch feel
3. Handling (comfort/driver)

?
Old 19th June 2009, 15:33   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobgeorge View Post
Superb review sid and super pics too.

YES, I also noticed that the front end is similar to the Zoo Zoo's

Sid,

You are great man, excellent review. Hope to see more such reviews from you
Old 19th June 2009, 15:42   #69
Senior - BHPian

Great review Sid.My hunch about Punto has come out true.Indeed it will be the hottest hatch in town.
Old 19th June 2009, 17:06   #70
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by architect View Post
sidindica, not only are you a great guy with scoops but I find your review balanced and mature. And I could recognise the dealer within the firts two pictures itself . I think you went to perhaps the best one in the city!

As you have yourself pointed out in one of your threads, the Indian consumer is a difficult one to please. Give them an i20 and Jazz, they will call them overpriced, underpowered. Give them a GP, they will call it cramped, slower and less efficient than the Swift and a Fiat! I have never understood whether they want: performance, FE, quality, A.S.S., resale or badge.

I think GP gives you a decent engine, decent features (esp ABS, airbags) and a reasonably well-performing engine at Rs 7.00 on road for the MJD. It fills the void that Maruti has never filled by not launching a Swift ZDi. Still, Indian consumers, however, might just love to come home in a Maruti.
+1 Rightly said. When FIAT launched 1.6 people came up with FE. When Linea is giving good FE, people are asking for performance. It difficult to cater Indian customers
Old 19th June 2009, 17:46   #71
Distinguished - BHPian

I had a short testdrive of Punto diesel today at dhingra motors gurgaon,as the test drive was not proper ill just tell you my observations ill comment on most of the things after a proper long test drive-

Good points-
1.Oh so nice looks with the maserti like grille and swept back headlamps.
2.Same dashboard as linea with all the goodies like mp3 player with usb,climate control,airbags etc
3.Multifunction display shows a lot of things.
4.Space much better than the cramped marutis.
5.Engine sounds quiter than a swift.
6.Very good composure at speed and big car like ride.
7.First service at 30K kms.
8.Very grippy in the corners.
9.Linear power delivery with lesser lag.
10.Has proper metal sump guard.

Bad points-
1.Plastic quality of the dashboard is cheap.
2.Lacks the rush at 2000rpm like swift but then it does not have that much turbo lag either,feels slower than a swift(can be due to better stability)
3.Steering at the lowest position is set too high.
4.Not as spacious as vista.
5.Less roll in corner means less fun compared to swift.
6.Gearbox not as good as swift and clutch felt very light.

Personal opinion being a owner of Swift i like Punto more than my swift,time for a change.

Dhingra motors gurgaon is has most colors readily available and claims to have booked 6-7cars whereas ABS motors claimed 20-22bookings yesterday with waiting of 3weeks for Red Grande punto emotion pack.

Last edited by .anshuman : 19th June 2009 at 17:54. Reason: spell error
Old 19th June 2009, 19:28   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nurni76 View Post
You are right. Looks are subjective and thats why I said I feel it looks ugly. To me Swift is the better looking hatch amongst the lot you mentioned and i20 is the best looking
Looks can be subjective but not at this level to say Swift is better looking than Punto. One needs to be high on grass to say this..

Swift really looks like frogs behind.
Old 19th June 2009, 19:44   #73
BHPian

For me I20 is the only hatch that comes close to Punto in looks.

The front of Ritz looks alright, but the behind is "oh my god who did that to it!"
Old 19th June 2009, 20:00   #74
BHPian

Great reviews by Sid and Shantyrocks.

I wanted that comparison between Swift and Punto. Nice work Shanty!

I wanted to know how Punto behaves in the first two gears. And my doubts are confirmed. The car does not appear to be moving according to the specs it boasts.

I thought the engine would behave differently in Punto than in Linea due to its smaller size. I don't know why Fiat cannot tune it like Maruti does it in Swift. In fact it is Fiat which came out with the technology in the first. Surprising!!!

If fuel efficiency is the main concern, shouldn't it give us an option. For eg , like scorpio does with an Mhawk in Vlx / sle versions.

Maybe a performance oriented tuning (with more bhp's) in the top end model. I have visited Fiat's UK and some of its other international sites. And it is offering at least three variations of 1.3 Multijet engine. The highest variant churns out hefty 120 bhp. Apart from these versions, it offers 1.6 and 1.9 L oil-burners also. Wow. A Punto with around 200 bhp's also.

When will the disparities end and Indian market is stopped being judged as developing market, fit for sale of low budget variants only. Honda has done the same with Jazz. With offering lowly 1.2 engine only. It offers Jazz with 1.5 engine abroad. Why manufacturers think of India in so unJazzed terms?

Why?
Old 19th June 2009, 20:21   #75
BHPian

Excellent review Sid , Thanks, Was waiting for this. Now its your turn GTO.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks