Team-BHP - 2009 Ambassador Grand BS-3 2.0 Turbo Diesel and 1800 ISZ MPFI: Test drive and review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/)
-   -   2009 Ambassador Grand BS-3 2.0 Turbo Diesel and 1800 ISZ MPFI: Test drive and review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/60714-2009-ambassador-grand-bs-3-2-0-turbo-diesel-1800-isz-mpfi-test-drive-review-5.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by sidindica (Post 1357531)
Engine and performance:

1800 ISZ petrol:***
refinement:**1/2

This engine is 1817 cc and produces 74bhp@4800 rpm and 13.5 kgm torque@3000-3500 rpm, fitted with 4 cylinder OHC mechanism combined with a 5-speed gearbox with remote shift mechanism.

The pickup is surprisingly peppy with 0-100 touched in about 16 odd seconds and the engine sounds smooth initially. However, as speeds build up, the noise level increases significantly and it whines past 5000 rpm, crying enough. We touched 130 kmph and after that, the power tapers off rapidly and its best to keep the engine in its mid-rpm range, between 2500-4000 rpm and you will never find cause to complain. For start-stop conditions, the engine is extremely tractable and downshifts are not required too often, part owed to it flat torque curve. In third gear, the car can go from 30 kmph all the way to 120 kmph without any fuss.

Dear Sid,
I stumbled on your ownership report by chance while searching the forum for an ISZ MPFI engine 'manual'/Parts list'.

Firstly , i must say i respect your decision and it clearly reflects your passion for the 'Amby' !

Secondly, you own a MPFI petrol engine car. And i own a MPFI contessa 2003 model. I understand that the same MPFi engine was used on the conti and the amby by HM. Now, my query is regarding the engine - do you get a slight lag before the car accelerates when you press the accelerator? Would appreciate a reply as my car seems to have this 'painful' slowdown/lag just before accelerating !!

I understand it could be due to some leak in the intake system, however, just wanted to get some idea about this lag from an amby MPFI owner.

For the noise, did you try upgrading the damping + sound insulation?

PS: would it be wishing for too much, in case i ask you - by any chance, do you happen to have a workshop & parts manual for the MPFI engine ? :D

Hi Friends,
I am planning to buy a Hindustan ambassador grand - 2004 model car. As I checked, the car have two rotary switches for AC. Does this AC runs in fresh air mode or recirculation mode? Normally we run in heavy traffic and mostly on dusty urban areas with lot of vehicles around. So cabin filter is a necessary thing. Does amby comes originally with cabin filter? If not, how easy we can fit a cabin filter? Does the blower casing have any place to insert the cabin filter? Amby enthusiasts, please help....clap:.

Thanks.....

Reviving an Old Thread!!
I have a Query, can a Bench Seat be fitted on 2004 Model Ambassador Grand.
The car, already has Bucket Seats & Power Windows.

Can anyone help me out.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sharma_sanjeevi (Post 3901024)
I have a Query, can a Bench Seat be fitted on 2004 Model Ambassador Grand.

Yes, the mounts that were used to fit bench seats BE versions are still there. They can be used.

Quote:

Originally Posted by n.devdath (Post 3901081)
Yes, the mounts that were used to fit bench seats BE versions are still there. They can be used.

Thanks Devdath!!
Can you please throw some light on the positioning of Gear Lever & the Power Window Console. Will there be changes required ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by sharma_sanjeevi (Post 3901730)
Can you please throw some light on the positioning of Gear Lever & the Power Window Console.

Both the BE and the BU versions have the same floor mounted GB and lever and hence there are no changes which will be required. The PW switches were housed on the centre console by HM and hence they will not need any modification as well.

Does anyone know where I can get an Ambassador Grand front bench seat assembly? I need the model with a 60:40 split, reclining and seat rail adjustment. Havent been able to find a good one either brand new or used.

Hi there
Good day
For your above queries you can either go to the place where they sell old spare parts or the scrap yard.Alternatively you can also see if there is someone who can fabricate it for you,like creating a copy.

In the meanwhile i will try and check in Hyd and Bhopal if i can find one.

I guess someone from Kol might be able to help.Req bhpians for help.

Thanks and Regards
Sushil.

Does anyone know what >2010 DL/ HR registered petrol Ambassadors go for and where to find one?

I can hardly see anything on olx - any leads are appreciated

Quote:

Originally Posted by rayjaycleoful (Post 4888709)
Does anyone know what >2010 DL/ HR registered petrol Ambassadors go for and where to find one?

I can hardly see anything on olx - any leads are appreciated

I have forn one here at Junagadh, has 2006 DL plates, but has been issued NOC for amreli

Im looking to swap the engine of my Mark 1 which has the OHV unit it came with as I'm planning to start using the car regularly. Can someone suggest a direct fit other than a ISZ MPFi unit. Any other 1.5 - 1.8 L Petrol engine from a modern car that would be a direct fit to the Amby, that would support a Rest Mod (AC, Power Brakes and Power Steering) that would help me drive it and also maintain it without much of a hassle.

Thanks in advance!