Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd June 2009, 11:16   #1
BHPian

Baleno Finally

hii been pretty long since am being hunting for a good sedan ,and after reading a lot of reviews of the baleno and hunting it practically for past 8 months for a decent Baleno, at last i have found the one , will be picking it up in 2 days.

its a 2001 baleno before the LXI and the Vxi split . and has only been driven for only 14000kms as the owner was mostly abroad.
will keep you posted on when i pick it up..
posting some pics on it ..
Attached Thumbnails
Baleno Finally-imag0106.jpg  

Baleno Finally-imag0109.jpg  

Old 23rd June 2009, 12:05   #2
BHPian

Hi,

congrats on your find. The car seems to be in a good shape. Hope 14000 kms is genuine as the meter could have been tampered with. Baleno is a good car and gives decent FE also maintaining one is not a big issue except for the low ground clearance. Spare parts of the car are costly at M.A.S.S so I try and source it from other spare part shops.

Best of luck and happy driving.

Kailash
Old 23rd June 2009, 12:23   #3
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on the baleno. It looks really clean.
How much did you pay for it ?
Old 23rd June 2009, 12:53   #4
Senior - BHPian

Congrats! But 14 K on the odo for the past 8 years seems rather odd, despite the owner going abroad.
I remember that the Baleno was a whopping 9 lacs OTR in 2001---that's when I bought my WagonR.
Old 23rd June 2009, 12:57   #5
BHPian

Wow dude, 2001 Baleno in that great shape, you are one lucky chap dude, nice car but I am unable to believe the 14K done in 8 years, that's kinda doesn't sound true!

Anyway, congos and how much did you pay for it?
Old 23rd June 2009, 14:24   #6
BHPian

Congrats buddy, Wonderful selection. But the tyres (if still shod with the original 165 section) are seriously inadequate for the car especially if you intent to make use of that lusty engine.
Old 23rd June 2009, 14:25   #7
BHPian

Congrats!!!

Driving the Baleno will always bring a smile on your face.

Slightly OT - what are the most likely components to fail in these low mileage cars with under 20k on the odo and 5-8 years old as these cars would be stationary months on end.

gurus your inputs please.

best regards

vaseem
Old 23rd June 2009, 14:41   #8
Team-BHP Support

Check rubber parts, especially the belts, hoses and brakes. Injectors are another soft target, cleaning them would help. Finally the tires that would have become hard and battery. Change all fluids like, engine oil, gear oil, coolant and brake fluid.

All this can be set right by doing a comprehensive service.
Old 23rd June 2009, 14:52   #9
Senior - BHPian

jaggu had given enough list of things to do.pls follow them.also check the rust under the body and give an antirust coating.
Its been idle for many months.very difficult to find one with such low on odo.
BTW do you mind sharing the price?
Old 23rd June 2009, 15:31   #10
Senior - BHPian

hey denzil,

congrats on your new purchase. 1000 kms per year is not easy to take, the meters can be tampered. Be wary,
Ask for the manual and see the service history and the kilometers its clocked then.
Check the date on the tyres, considering it has clocked only 8000 it should be new.
I envy you if it is a 8000 km run baleno.
cheers
Old 23rd June 2009, 15:36   #11
BHPian

well thanks guys , ill sure get a quick check on that
Old 23rd June 2009, 16:17   #12
BHPian

Welcome to the Baleno fan club. If the car has been well treated, and you check/change as suggested below, you can be sure you'll always have a stupid grin plastered on your face when driving this car! All the best.
Old 23rd June 2009, 16:26   #13
Senior - BHPian

congrats. replace the hard rubber parts, belts, and tyres. i too bought an OHC sparingly used and hard to believe ODO reading. cross checked with Honda service, and checked whatever service records were available. all matching. still checked the shine on the steering wheel, scratches on the door sill area, boot marks on the door plastics, scratches near the key hole area, wear and tear of accelerator, brake and clutch rubber wear etc etc. matched. the clutch was in good condition. so was confident on the ODO reading.
Old 23rd June 2009, 16:58   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by D3NZ1L View Post
hii been pretty long since am being hunting for a good sedan ,and after reading a lot of reviews of the baleno and hunting it practically for past 8 months for a decent Baleno, at last i have found the one , will be picking it up in 2 days.

its a 2001 baleno before the LXI and the Vxi split . and has only been driven for only 14000kms as the owner was mostly abroad.
will keep you posted on when i pick it up..
posting some pics on it ..

Neat car buddy, so at last the baleno is here....hope to see you with it at the next meet.
Old 23rd June 2009, 22:18   #15
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations!

The best car in the mid size segment till now IMO. Nothing can match it for space, FE and performance combination, ride quality, reliability and driving pleasure.

Do check if the rear end has sagged down or not. Our Baleno rear end has sagged down quite a bit. Also check out for rust. Our Baleno is getting rust at one place. Sorry for acting like paranoid, but then have a look at body for any clues of accident repairs. The odo reading is too low for this great driving car. Check for regular service intervals also along with insurance.

I think your model is before EIII, so its more than 91 bhp that we get.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks