Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th July 2009, 15:13   #1
BHPian

Booked Fiat Grande Punto 1.4 Emotion PK

Booked Fiat Grande Punto 1.4 Emotion PK in Concorde Motors, Chennai on 02 July. They told me the waiting period is 20 days(dosen't mind as i want the Car only by 15 th of Aug). The response from the dealer is OK.

They have shown me some Cars a Blue one, a red, a white and black. I since i had choosen the color already i have booked a medium grey one. I was ready to book Maruti Ritz to upgrade from my Alto LXI which i was driving from past 3 years. But as i saw the Punto i have not tought twice. Yes i am going for this...
Old 4th July 2009, 15:21   #2
BHPian

congrats ashok.
Please try to post more details regarding the Test Drive and comparison with other cars as well.

Not many seem to have TD the petrol punto. Hope you can share thoughts on this.
Old 4th July 2009, 15:24   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashok_lat View Post
Booked Fiat Grande Punto 1.4 Emotion PK in Concorde Motors, Chennai on 02 July. They told me the waiting period is 20 days(dosen't mind as i want the Car only by 15 th of Aug ).
You buying car for independence day celebrations Just kidding,
Congrats, i am sure you will love this car the gizmos and road handling will keep you busy as they keep me in my Linea.
Medium grey acc to me is second best color after red, there's already 1 member who got delivery of this color Punto. Have a look.

20 days is a long waiting period. Keep us updated and welcome to Fiat club, already 2 maruti customers of team bhp went to fiat am glad that Punto is attracting people. Its such a beauty.

Last edited by khan_sultan : 4th July 2009 at 15:48. Reason: fixed quotes
Old 4th July 2009, 15:25   #4
Senior - BHPian

congrats Ashok looking forward to you ownership review.
Punto seems to be doing well for FIAT.
Old 4th July 2009, 15:29   #5
Senior - BHPian

First petrol Punto on the forum right? Congrats!

What's the reason for the 20 days to delivery? Robust demand or RTO approval problems?
Old 4th July 2009, 15:39   #6
Senior - BHPian

whoaa...another Punto! I have lost count on the number of Puntos booked on t-bhp. Congratulations Ashok! Do post loads of pictures here once you get the Italian beauty.
Old 4th July 2009, 18:13   #7
BHPian

Finally someone booked a petrol Punto Many congratulations mate.

Why is there a delay in the delivery of the car though? Most diesel Punto's have been delivered failry quickly, afaik. Do post a review when you get the car mate. Congratulations again
Old 4th July 2009, 20:27   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
You buying car for independence day celebrations Just kidding,
That is not because of independence day. Thats because in tamilnadu people dont buy anything new on this month(tamil month). So i have to go along with that. Moreover my marriage is on 23rd of Aug so i planned nearby that time.
Old 4th July 2009, 20:35   #9
BHPian

Went for the test drives twice.... on the day of booking and 1 week before that. They dont have the test drive cars (1.4 Petrol) on both the occations. But i was too much tempted on the second time that i have taken the Diesel for the test drive. The car looks nice and i dont have to tell too much abt its characteristics. The pickup is slower than the Swifts. But Punto altogether comes in a different categry. I love the way it just makes "thud" sound while closing the door. One thing i was missing(in the interiors) in the car is the sunglass holder. The plastics in the height adjustable seat lever, the other levers look too low. The engine could have been more powerfull. But in any way my mind was already set for the Grande Punto 1.4 Ltr Petrol even before 1 year. So i have gone for that.
Old 4th July 2009, 20:38   #10
BHPian

Pic of Black GP(quality was not good as i have taken in my mobile cam)

Booked Fiat Grande Punto 1.4 Emotion PK-01072009051.jpg

Booked Fiat Grande Punto 1.4 Emotion PK-01072009052.jpg
Old 5th July 2009, 02:09   #11
BHPian

Aha! One more finally in the Medium Grey club!

Congrats ashok
Old 6th July 2009, 19:28   #12
BHPian

Congrats Ashok,
I also have my eyes on the petrol Punto, waiting for your detailed info about delivery and how it is to live with her.
Old 12th July 2009, 12:53   #13
Senior - BHPian

First petrol Punto on the forum right? Congrats!

What's the reason for the 20 days to delivery? Robust demand or RTO approval problems?

No amit its surely not the 1st. Id booked my 1.4 petrol emotion PK on 17th June right after the launch and if im not mistaken its the 2nd fastest booking on tbhp ( after amoghchaphalkar). Since that day , going through many ups and downs , changing the colour from electric blue to red (since blue was going to take double the time to be delivered and we liked the red as well) ,my car will finally be delivered this coming wednesday. lolz. Its just that im not able to post much or keeping in touch with whats happening with fellow teambhpians whov booked the GP as im having net problems and am not able to log in whenever i want to. Anyways fingers crossed and hoping it gets here on wednesday atleast after so many delays !
Old 12th July 2009, 14:25   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatzdaTurbo View Post
No amit its surely not the 1st. Id booked my 1.4 petrol emotion PK on 17th June. my car will finally be delivered this coming wednesday.
Congrats for your Punto 1.4. Not so many petrol Puntos here. Waiting for initial ownership/driving experience from you.
Old 12th July 2009, 16:02   #15
BHPian

Congrats Ashok..i think you are the first proud buyer of Fiat Grande Punto 1.4 Fire Emotion PK and am very curious to know more about the petrol variant of GP. Please share your initial ownership/driving experience with some pics ..

- Vish

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks