Team-BHP - New Spark PS
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/)
-   -   New Spark PS (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/61549-new-spark-ps-6.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sawyer (Post 1466977)
Noted, thanks. Yes, I have installed it, and it is very effective. Costs about Rs 11k, the windshield area is bigger that most cars of its size. Cuts daytime glare, heat very noticeably, that it is uncomfortable to drive other cars, once you get used to the glare reduction.

ok thanks, so where to find the v-kool dealer information for my place(kerala)? didnt find it in their website.

And is there any gear lock compatible for spark,both xenos and autocop says their gear lock wont fit in spark.

Quote:

Originally Posted by frequentflyer (Post 1467026)
is it anybody's experience that the power windows do not last long in this car?

I have 4 power windows in in my 1.5yr old spark no problems at all. Power window electronics are not that complex:)

My two friends (refer my post earlier in this thread) are taking delivery of theor Sparks tomorrow. Yours truly shall be accompanying them. Will post the pictures then.

Quote:

Originally Posted by splitsecond (Post 1471589)
ok thanks, so where to find the v-kool dealer information for my place(kerala)? didnt find it in their website.

And is there any gear lock compatible for spark,both xenos and autocop says their gear lock wont fit in spark.

I have 4 power windows in in my 1.5yr old spark no problems at all. Power window electronics are not that complex:)

Thanks. I have booked a Spark LS and am getting the loan processed from SBI. They need some prodding. But they said finally they will give it in a week's time. Any idea if the dealer charges Rs 3000 as handling charges for RTO registration and so on? He is charging me here.

I got the B pillar on my white Spark blacked out, the way it is on Swift/Ritz/Punto and many other cars. With a white car and a darkish grey film, it makes the car look a lot better, with the pillar vanishing into the background to give the desired floating roof effect.
This will look best on a white car of course, but some of the other lighter colors could also benefit.
Fyi, for those that want to add a touch of classy uniqueness to their Sparks. And, for sure this will not void any GM warranties!
I had bought the low end PS version of the car, white with black bumpers. I added an aftermarket door protection strip that comes with the higher versions. The ORVMs are black, and the car now looks a very well organized combination of black and white for very little over the price of the PS version. I also got central locking done, without the remote, so that makes the car more convenient to use. I will stick to my decision to not install power windows, because the windows are hardly ever rolled down anyway.
I am happy that I chose the PS version, that allowed me to add just the accessories I wanted. Not taking what GMI packages at prices that they charge on which the RTO collects his pound of flesh, makes a lot more sense for VFM cars like the little Spark.
The FE is improving slowly - the last fill, all city with AC returned a little over 11, with 1600kms done. GMI promises that this will get to the advertised level of 13-14 in the city as the kms reach 4000 or so. Other than this, the car is working fine, glitch free.

Seems great. Please put some pictures of your classy Sparky. Mine is all black, can't do much with pillars.

Regarding PS vs LT version. Mine is LT. Advantage: My mom doesn't like A/c much. We switch on A/c only when its too hot and in dusty environments. So, whenever we travel inside Bangalore, we keep on rolling windows up and down. Also, when getting out of the car, I can close all the windows with a touch of bottons. Other than this, don't see much of a value with LT over PS agree:

I bought a new PS last weekend for my wife. Its the misty lake blue with black bumpers.
I initially thought of painting the black bumper to the body color, but after looking it over the weekend, my family has started liking it the black and skyblue combination.
I had asked for the door protection strip and a LOVRM. But there was no stock with the dealer and therfore I need to wait for a week.
I guess I will try blacking out the B pillar and see how it comes on the blue.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Car&me (Post 1482503)
I bought a new PS last weekend for my wife. Its the misty lake blue with black bumpers.
I initially thought of painting the black bumper to the body color, but after looking it over the weekend, my family has started liking it the black and skyblue combination.
I had asked for the door protection strip and a LOVRM. But there was no stock with the dealer and therfore I need to wait for a week.

Congrats on your purchase.

May I ask what was the OTR price at Chennai?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Car&me (Post 1482503)

It will come out very well. Even more so if you have a grey tint film on the glass. And leave the ORVMs black as well.
It will probably come out better than white, because black and white can get too monochrome!

Before and after pix of the car. I don't have a before the door protection strips picture.

Black film on B-Pillar looks good,
Spark looks good in white, my first preference was white but I did not like the white-beige combination so went for red. Took delivery on 21-Aug. completed just around 250KM.

^post some pics of your new car and its new beige interiors

Anybody has any idea about the colour platinum metallic? How's the colour?

Chn car, Thank you.

I bought it from Sundaram motors in Chennai for an OTR of 3.25 lakhs after all discounts. they also threw in foot mats, mudflaps and boot mat.

Platinum metallic is silver and gold mix. Alto has a similar one which is very common on the roads. Spark on Platinum Metallic (with body colored bumpers) look rich, but I would prefer a small car to be looking sporty than rich.

Thanks Car&me. Though, I haven't seen the colour physically, I liked it in computer screen. I test drove a topaz which I found to be pretty common. At first, I was thinking of black but heard that black is very difficult to maintain. So, thought of platinum metallic.

Also, you are right white & beige does not gel. Any suggestion for a good colour?

@Joy: If you don't want black the metallic red goes pretty well with the beige interiors