Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th July 2009, 14:43   #46
BHPian

Congratulations Kishore.. !
1.35L? Am so jealous now!! He got such wonderul machine for so less.
I hope one day i will be buying a beauty like this one. Team-Bhp is truely an inspiration.
Old 17th July 2009, 15:01   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by comfortablynumb View Post
Is this what is also called pumping of the brakes? Also, what should be the duration that you hold the brake down? Press-hold for 2 secs-release, or a fast continuous press-release, press-release? Does this deteriorate the brake pads more vis-a-vis just plain hard braking?

Sorry if answering this seems like stating the obvious to you, but it would help me a lot as a majority of my driving is on the NH4. Till now [luckily] I haven't had to do any serious emergency braking, but this will definitely come in handy when I have to do it.

Cheers,
Vikram
Every driver needs to learn how to get his car safely to a stop before he learns how to make it go. Or at least in tandem. Failing in this common sense thing is the reason for lots of accidents, minor and major.
Yes, pumping is what this is, but it is not done mechanically, or to a time beat. One learns to sense when the tyres are about to break traction, and that is when you let the brakes go and reapply them, till one gets that sense again. Or you do it the instant the traction is lost. Take your car to an open emtpy( IMPORTANT!!) road to be safe, and practice to get a sense of this instant. It helps if you do this on gravel roads, because on dry tarmac, with decent tyres, I doubt the car will ever break traction.
Another reason for doing this is to get the guy behind you to start seeing your brake lights flashing on and off, so that he does not ram you in his sleep. In fact, you should always have a sense of what is behind you, so that you give the car behind as much time as possible to stop as well. Not much help if you stop with too much place to spare, and then get hit from behind, sometimes with enough force for you to still hit the thing in front.
Little things, that age and experience teaches you.
Old 17th July 2009, 15:04   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
I was wondering how long it would take for someone to notice! I was never able to post on the site, but the classifieds were accessible. For some reason it does not really matter now. I was asked to reregister, hence the id change.
Think it this way; along with new car..
comes new ID
Old 17th July 2009, 15:15   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
Little things, that age and experience teaches you.
Thank you very much, Sir - I appreciate the detailed description!

Cheers,
Vikram
Old 19th September 2009, 21:35   #50
BHPian

Need help with A/c issue

Hi,

I'm trying to fix this A/c issue and need help.

The A/c does not work below 2000 rpm and works normally beyond 2000 RPM. The compressor and condensor were changed last year. Concorde Motors(FIAT A.S.S) believes it is compressor issue even without bothering to check other components and quotes 23k for the compressor.

I took it to an independent A/c mechanic and they checked the pressure of the compressor using some pressure guage and based on certain values, they believe it is a compressor issue. They are quoting 16,900 for Sanden compressor. I believe it is Denso compressors which comes in Palio but as per them Sanden and Denso are same. Could someone please clarify.

I have heard from other owner's experience (non palio owners) this was similar scenario in case of relay failure. But none of the mechanics are willing to check other components like a/c clutch, relay, gas etc and conclude it is compressor gone bad.

Any pointers on how to proceed?

Thanks
Kishore
Old 9th October 2010, 13:05   #51
BHPian

Hi kishore,

How is your palio doing. I hope the A/c was fixed in time and running good. Do post the driving and ownership experience in this past one year or so. Any mods?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks