Team-BHP - Booked Innova GX 8 seater super white
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/)
-   -   Booked Innova GX 8 seater super white (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/61695-booked-innova-gx-8-seater-super-white.html)

Dear Forumites,

Today I booked a diesel Innova GX super white. I test drove the Innova and the Xylo and found the Innova's handling at both low and high speeds better. I must admit that I do not "like" either the Innova or the Xylo. I have a Judo 4x4 and that is the car I like (BTW, I am not selling it). But some changes in my life have made me look for a car that can take me on highway trips in comfort and if needed, my family. I have 2 nephews, my sister, my grandpa and my brother in law.

I was impressed with the xylo's space. And I was disgusted with Toyota's attitude of fleecing the customer. (No ABS unless in V model, No Music system in a 10.6 Lakh car!!!). I Grudgingly bought the Innova because I found the ride quality better. I also expect the car to be BORINGLY SAFE AND RELIABLE. But hey, I am getting old and I need to face facts :D

I called the sales guy to my house to take a payment and gave advance booking amount of 50K. He insisted on 1L and I offered 25K. I settled at 50 K. He gave me some forms to fill and sign and I politely rejected the ones for the RTO. I said that it needed to wait till I verify the vehicle first at their yard, then the VIN, do a Team BHP PDI in the stock yard.(Thanks Team BHP for creating awareness and thanks Skoda!!!).

I told him there is a forum called TEAM BHP.COM and he needs to spend some time there to see what I am talking about.

He said that he will call me and give me the VIN no tomorrow. I am going for 6 L loan and the rest as down payment. Planning to go with axis bank as they have quoted me 11% for 5 yrs and no preclosure penalty. Toyota guy had brought along a Kotak Mahindra guy and he quoted me 11.75% and a 4.5% penalty for preclosure.

I need help with the following.

1) Looking to get quotes on Insurance, does any one have any pointers?
2) I read that registering the car ourselves will save some money. How much and how much effort is involved?
3) What should I do once I get the VIN number?
4) Any special things I need to check during PDI for Toyota innova?

Ramachandran

For the insurance, go to the insurance sites, say of Bajaj Alliance, and get the number and give a call.

Ask for the vehicle valuation they are giving and the insurance premium. I am sure this quote will be atleast close to 10k less than what was quoted by the dealer!

Quote:

Originally Posted by HappyWheels (Post 1384166)
For the insurance, go to the insurance sites, say of Bajaj Alliance, and get the number and give a call.

ICICI Pru has an online insurance tool where you can have all these details online.
Also, once you get the quote from one company, it is advisable to take quotes from multiple agents/companies and then go for the cheapest one with the maximum cover. Trust me a fair amount of money can be saved with a bit of effort...:thumbs up

Quote:

Originally Posted by rrnsss (Post 1384139)

2) I read that registering the car ourselves will save some money. How much and how much effort is involved?

Ramachandran

Congrats Ramachandran! Innova may be a little boring...but it is a fantastic car for passengers.

For insurance - the online quotes will be hugely lower than your dealer quote. Show him the print out and haggle. Or just go to your loan chap at Axis. Usually they have a tie up with an insurance company and you will get something which is competitive. Use your loan chap to the hilt!

Registration - Look at your car quotation. There will be a miscellaneous charges entry. This is the extra money which your dealer is charging you. According to some posts here, registration with RTO should be less than 1000 Rs. Most dealers charge about 5000 Rs. You would be able to save this money if you do it on your own. Go to the RTO first and find out how it is to be done.

Quote:

I called the sales guy to my house to take a payment and gave advance booking amount of 50K. He insisted on 1L and I offered 25K. I settled at 50 K.

lol: LOVE IT !!!

Quote:

I need help with the following.

I would say call few helplines or insurance related website and post query. Just remember to have a maximum cover and do not forget to negotiate.

Reach out RTO and look out for middle-man, he will make you life easier. Make sure to pay him only after all documents are completed. They are generally crooks

Refer to previous answer.

Take a printout of Team-BHP PDI Checklist, it might take time to cross check every thing but will be worth.

Answers in BOLD.

Best of Luck !! :thumbs up

Congrats on your purchase Ramachandran, Is the OTR 10.6 L? Please do let us know how your PDI went through and upload any snaps if you manage to click one. :)

Between the Xylo & the Innova, it's pretty simple. The Xylo if you are on a budget. But if you can stretch to the Innova, no second thoughts required. Congratulations on a wise decision. She will serve you flawlessly for atleast 10 years / 2,50,000 kms.

Quote:

This section is your best friend. Make sure to read through all the articles listed.

Pardon my ignorance, but what's VIN no.?

Quote:

Originally Posted by manish7 (Post 1385378)
Pardon my ignorance, but what's VIN no.?

VIN is Vehicle Identification Number which is ichted/engraved on the engine chasis, and i belive on the driver door side.

JJ

Is this something which is different from the Chassis number and Engine number? I remember seeing these two in my 2 wheeler RC book.

Hi,

The sales guy called me up and has given me an engine number and a chassis number. No VIN number. Can I figure out the Date of manufacture using the chassis number?

Congrats on a very wise purchase.
Toyota is probably the only auto company in the world that can make a claim-"quality revolution". Its quality and reliability to the point of boredom. You will spend time trying to find something wrong with it and might be utterly unsuccessful.
Enjoy many miles of peaceful motoring.

Cheers,
J

Here is an other scam that the toyota dealers on Insurance

The quote given by Lanson toyota for insurance was Rs. 33703.00
When I did some private enquiries

ICICI lombard - 21252/-
Bajaj Allianz - 22118/-

Thats a delta of a cool 12000 Rupees. This is from a company that is so cheap that it does not even offer a 5000Rs music system with it's car. Simply boggles my mind.

Ram

rrnsss, thats where most of the dealers play their part and do jugglary with prices, even with the prices of RTO registeration where usual charges around 1000 to 1200/- and dealers charge around 5000 to 6000/-.Always check with other players and do it yourself the insurance and registeration which would save your quite good rupees.:D

Yup, you are right Vijay, during the TD, the sales guy gave me the price list which had a 5500 handling charges and other charges. I think we will have to negotiate hard to get more discounts.