Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd July 2009, 15:43   #1
Senior - BHPian

My new 2009 PRADO No-2 > 10000kms done.

Well dont get confused.
I sold the first one(my 07 prado) after 26 wonderful months and approx 98500kms on the odo.
All I can say is, it has and continues to be a wonderful motoring journey. The vehicle is never on your mind. Fill it, ripp it, bash it(offroad), thrash it(on the road), come back and park it. Repeat procedure the next day. No squeaks, no complaints, no problems. Thats how the 1st 26 months were spent. Ride is a little stiff, but after you experience how flawlessly troublefree it is, you would just shut up and put up with the slightly still ride.

Details of my 2007 Prado can be found here:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...-98500kms.html

About the new boy in the house.
2009 Prado Vx.
Colour: Silver
Fuel tank: 180 liters.
Upgrade on my earlier model now includes, fabric seats instead of leather. Yes, for me fabric is an upgrade from leather. Leather is good, but not good in the heat. I speak from personal experience.
Also included, display console showing fuel consumption, range, altitude, compass, outside temp. 6cd changer with steering controls for the music system.(not available in Prado No-1)

Nothing much to say about the new ride. Its same as the old one but feels new. Already clocked 10k kms on it since end April when I got it.

Car has gotten badly sandblasted lately. The windscreen has cracked due to heat and is badly pixellated due to sand too. Due for replacement.

Heres some pics from a recent trip. The Boy is all dirty, and desperately needs a bath and a shine. You may excuse the poor quality photos.
Attached Thumbnails
My new 2009 PRADO No-2 > 10000kms done.-prado-001.jpg  

My new 2009 PRADO No-2 > 10000kms done.-prado-002.jpg  

My new 2009 PRADO No-2 > 10000kms done.-prado-004.jpg  

My new 2009 PRADO No-2 > 10000kms done.-prado-005.jpg  

My new 2009 PRADO No-2 > 10000kms done.-prado-006.jpg  

Last edited by jaysmokesleaves : 22nd July 2009 at 15:44.
Old 22nd July 2009, 16:27   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

An SUV owner after my heart - Where were these pics taken?
Old 22nd July 2009, 16:52   #3
Team-BHP Support

I think Dubai? In India Jay drives the legendry SUV from Tata Motors
Old 23rd July 2009, 09:51   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudev View Post
An SUV owner after my heart - Where were these pics taken?
These are pics from the Saudi border with Kuwait.

The thing that upsets me most about Toyota is their refusal to put a multi system player in their cars. It still plays only CD's. It seems to me that Toyota expects its customers no not use anything other than the Compact Disc. Mo mp3 or any other format is accepted. Ditto with the Camry too. What exactly is the line of thought of such an action. Furthurmore, no aux in and no usb in either.

Secondly, im beginning to hate the new steering wheel. Its half wood. And the wood heats up so much when parked in the sun that my palms burn and its hard to grip the steering. So im considering downgrading my steering now.

Last edited by jaysmokesleaves : 23rd July 2009 at 09:59.
Old 23rd July 2009, 10:06   #5
Team-BHP Support

I think the headlights are also sandblasted and more or less useless by the pics.
Old 23rd July 2009, 10:12   #6
Team-BHP Support

Jay, why did you get rid of the older Prado, if there were no problems with it?
Old 23rd July 2009, 10:32   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
I think the headlights are also sandblasted and more or less useless by the pics.
The headlights are covered with a transparent plastic film. This comes factory fitted and was there in my earlier ride too. It saves the headlights from the effects of sandblasting. So they eventually look fogged. I havent noticed much difference in the light quality though. That film too is due for replacement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
Jay, why did you get rid of the older Prado, if there were no problems with it?
I got a very sweet deal for the old one, and it tempted me to upgrade to a newer vehicle. With close to a lakh kms on the clock, i thought it wiser to grab the good deal(recession does wonders) than chew old gum.
Old 24th July 2009, 19:35   #8
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Few speak of product satisfaction as a return customer does. Congrats on the beast! I'm sure that new car feel is nice, but I do think you sold your old Prado too early. 100K is nothing for this SUV. But alls well that ends well. As long as you are happy, that's what counts.

How come you didn't consider upgrading to an LC100 / 200?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysmokesleaves View Post
The vehicle is never on your mind. Fill it, ripp it, bash it(offroad), thrash it(on the road), come back and park it. Repeat procedure the next day. No squeaks, no complaints, no problems.
The beauty of Landcruisers, Prados included. Do you guys take your 4x4s out for any non-sand offroading?
Old 24th July 2009, 20:25   #9
Senior - BHPian

Japanese reliability what can I say? Every word you put down speaks for everything the Prado can do and more. Nothing like going back to the same brand and model again. The silver looks nice and she surely looks at home in those dunes. Hope you drive this one for longer than the earlier car.

Do update this thread regularly. It would be a nice and interesting read.

Congratulations
Old 25th July 2009, 09:27   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Few speak of product satisfaction as a return customer does. Congrats on the beast! I'm sure that new car feel is nice, but I do think you sold your old Prado too early. 100K is nothing for this SUV. But alls well that ends well. As long as you are happy, that's what counts.

How come you didn't consider upgrading to an LC100 / 200?

The beauty of Landcruisers, Prados included. Do you guys take your 4x4s out for any non-sand offroading?
@GTO>> Thanks. You're right. 100k does feel too early, especially because the first Prado felt stonking new afer all I did to it. But I couldnt resist a 85% buyback with free insurance and a additional free services and free waxing(full car spa treatment) every 6 months for 2 years. A hookah can get you so much in times of recession.
Unfortunately the deal was limited to an exchange for a Prado, so no question of an upgrade though I would have loved it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippy View Post
Japanese reliability what can I say? Every word you put down speaks for everything the Prado can do and more. Nothing like going back to the same brand and model again. The silver looks nice and she surely looks at home in those dunes. Hope you drive this one for longer than the earlier car.

Do update this thread regularly. It would be a nice and interesting read.

Congratulations
Thanks, Dippy. I hope to keep this one for longer. The fabric seats are doing for my backside this summer. I no longer feel like Im sitting on a hotplate.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks