Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th July 2009, 23:22   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by edassery View Post
Got my Altis three days ago. So far so good The following are my first impressions (though I had detailed test drives)
Congrats edassery. It's a great family car with really good mileage and Toyota's top notch after sales will keep you smiling.

My car, with the GL trim, has the same colour.

Drive safe.

Rgds,
Old 3rd August 2009, 16:35   #17
BHPian

Thanks R2D2 I sold my other car (Ikon 1.6) today and now it's all about Corolla...
Old 4th August 2009, 21:14   #18
BHPian

Whats the FE of the car?

Hi! I am in the advanced stage of evaluation. Stuck between heart (Corolla) and heart n mind (Linea Emotion PK). I know there are differences in the cars, but that is how it is now. I am inclined to Corolla only because of the engine power, quality interiors and the status value attached to it. Linea because of VFM, Looks and because its a FIAT (I owned a Fiat Adventure for 3 years). Can you please tell me the FE you are getting on the car? Also, RD, can you tell me how has been the service?
Old 10th August 2009, 11:56   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by omar1310 View Post
Hi! I am in the advanced stage of evaluation. Stuck between heart (Corolla) and heart n mind (Linea Emotion PK). I know there are differences in the cars, but that is how it is now. I am inclined to Corolla only because of the engine power, quality interiors and the status value attached to it. Linea because of VFM, Looks and because its a FIAT (I owned a Fiat Adventure for 3 years). Can you please tell me the FE you are getting on the car? Also, RD, can you tell me how has been the service?
Go for the Altis G buddy, it will never disappoint you...so is Toyota's great after sales service! Two of my friends bought a Linea with Emotion Pack recently and the ground clearance and high turning radius is something they haven't got used to so far. Also, the performance is not at par with even C-seg vehicles below that price.
Old 15th September 2009, 22:42   #20
BHPian

I recently took a TD of Altis. The TD vehicle was showing 7K on ODO with an average FE of 7.4 km/l. The Sales lady was very confident that Altis gives 10-11 km/l in Bangalore traffic (10km/hr average speed), but was clueless why the digital indicator in the TD vehicle was so off her estimate (7K run is good enough to smooth out statistical variations).
What is the typical FE to be expected of Altis in city driving conditions ?

I also found that the gear-box is not very smooth - reverse gear in particular is quite bad. The showroom driver agreed to it but said this is not a general problem but a problem with the TD vehicle as many people drive it. As an owner, what is your experience with the gear shifting in Altis ?
Old 16th September 2009, 09:17   #21
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabynag View Post
I recently took a TD of Altis. The TD vehicle was showing 7K on ODO with an average FE of 7.4 km/l. The Sales lady was very confident that Altis gives 10-11 km/l in Bangalore traffic (10km/hr average speed), but was clueless why the digital indicator in the TD vehicle was so off her estimate (7K run is good enough to smooth out statistical variations).
What is the typical FE to be expected of Altis in city driving conditions ?

I also found that the gear-box is not very smooth - reverse gear in particular is quite bad. The showroom driver agreed to it but said this is not a general problem but a problem with the TD vehicle as many people drive it. As an owner, what is your experience with the gear shifting in Altis ?
The average FE on my Altis is 11.4kmpl on the display. This includes a lot of city driving and some highway driving as well.

The gearbox is not smooth I agree but it gets smoother after a few thousand kms. The TD vehicle's gearbox was pretty bad for me as well.

The reverse gear crashes in some times with a loud grind. If you slot it in correctly then this will not happen. This is common in many cars including my lancer.
Old 16th September 2009, 09:58   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
The reverse gear crashes in some times with a loud grind. If you slot it in correctly then this will not happen. This is common in many cars including my lancer.
I too faced this quite often.
After somedays only i realized if we are not fully pressed the clutch while change the gear to Reverse,it gives a grind.otherwise it will be OK.
Just check it

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks