Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th August 2009, 15:49   #1
BHPian

White Swift VDI..Booked

Hi,

I was planning to buy my first car but was waiting for punto release as I am an avid fan of Fiat and especially the looks of punto. I had waited almost 6 months for the Punto to be launched and before the TD that was the only in Car in my mind to buy, but unfortunately after couple of test drives of 1.3MJD I was disappointed with lack of turbo burst available in Swift, bad plastics and also the main turn off was pathetic response from Concorde motors.

I was more interested in Diesel, considered the I20 but was way too pricey for my liking; Indica was never on my list (somehow I don’t feel it’s a car to own that taxi feeling doesn’t go away!! No offence meant).

There weren’t any diesel hatch backs and therefore I booked SWIFT VDI White color on 26th July 2009 though my heart still said it was Punto because of it drop dead gorgeous looks and stability!!

The Delivery is expected on August 15th Independence Day

Booking Swift was quite a challenge as where ever I had enquired they told me that waiting period was a month and for White it was almost 2 months. Bimal agreed to give silver/red on 20th but I was keen on White and I tried the tricks suggested by a fellow T-Bhpian (Deepakchiniwal) on how he got his Dzire, and YES it worked!!!!! Special thanks to Deepak.. I wanted the vehicle on 15th as I have a trip planned on 20th. I have booked it in Mandovi and they promised me that they will give it by 14th.

I had a pre approved loan with HDFC and it was quite a cake walk without much documentation and interest rate was quite good compared to other banks (that was after bargaining hard, thanks to GTO’s suggestion, quite surprised that they came down from 12.5% to 10.5% for a 5 year term)!! 75% loan and 25% cash.. I have paid all the money yesterday so that they can allot the vehicle for me ASAP…

Planning for few accessories and below is the list
  • Tire Upgrade from stock to Michellin 185/60/R14, as soon as I take the delivery.
  • ICE ( Pioneer Head Unit with JBL speakers and Subwoofer in mind, but still not finalized)
  • Sun film (Full dark, Lumar or 3M???) Showroom guys are suggesting for Lumar as it helps in more heat reduction as compared to 3M
  • Steering Wheel Grip
  • Rear Spoiler
Am looking for an unconventional Spoiler, the one with black blades which raises around 6 inches from the body and not the normal types posted in the forum here. Any idea where can I get one and how much will it cost?

Seat covers and Alloys will be little later due to lack of Vitamin M…

I shall post my dealer experience and buying experience after I get hands on my car!!!

Regards,
Manjunath.

Post EDITED since it contained various [FONT], [COLOR] and [SIZE] tags.
Posting with such text formatting should be avoided on Team-BHP as it is inconvenient for members to read post.
Kindly go through Announcements section before proceeding.

Thanking You for your anticipated co-operation

The Team-BHP Support

Last edited by Jaggu : 6th August 2009 at 17:54. Reason: Font tags
Old 6th August 2009, 19:35   #2
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mafioso View Post
I was keen on White and I tried the tricks suggested by a fellow T-Bhpian (Deepakchiniwal) on how he got his Dzire, and YES it worked!!!!! Special thanks to Deepak.. I wanted the vehicle on 15th as I have a trip planned on 20th. I have booked it in Mandovi and they promised me that they will give it by 14th.
Firstly, Congratulations for having booked the Vehicle. May you have miles of happy and safe motoring.

Secondly, I am glad that my post has helped someone. As indeed I was helped by TBHP. It feels good when you give back something worth to this beautiful community. Hats off again to TBHP.

Do post your reviews, photos and how did you trick in getting the vehicle.

Last edited by deepakchiniwal : 6th August 2009 at 19:36. Reason: error in sentence
Old 11th August 2009, 16:52   #3
BHPian

Please throw some light on what the trick is that we are talking about?
Old 11th August 2009, 17:54   #4
BHPian

@NFS2024, http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...dzire-vdi.html

Check out the 3rd reply in this thread.
Old 11th August 2009, 19:29   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakchiniwal View Post
Hey wonderful trick Deepak. I will keep this in mind and try it out whenever time comes. No harm anyways.

By the way congrats manju. A great day to get your new car. By the way wahta was the on road price? Didnt you get any accessories from the dealer?

Zteg
Old 11th August 2009, 20:51   #6
Senior - BHPian

Hi Congrats. Swift VDi is just an excellent car. I also bought it in March this year and that too a white.

Earlier, When Ritz was launched and when Punto was launched, I thought that I should have waited a bit more but not any more. When I see Ritz on road, I feel happy that I have swift. When I am at 140+ with rock solid stability, I feel more happy. I like Punto but never want to go to Tata workshop. No comments about interiors of Punto as I have not seen it from inside.

Today also if I have to opt out of these three, I will definitely go for Swift VDi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mafioso View Post
  • Tire Upgrade from stock to Michellin 185/60/R14, as soon as I take the delivery.
I also changed the tyres to Michellin Energy XM1+ the day I bought the car. However, size you mentioned is incorrect. It should be 185/70/R14. I am sure it must be a typing mistake.
Old 11th August 2009, 22:15   #7
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Mafioso.
Its great that your getting the car in just 20 days.!

Will try the same trick.
Old 13th August 2009, 11:04   #8
BHPian

congrats Mofioso on your booking of swift diesel. i am sure you will enjoy the car.
Old 13th August 2009, 12:18   #9
BHPian

Congrats Mafioso !

Can you give the OTR price for swift vdi with breakup and any freebies that dealer offered? Do we have same waiting period for Swift and Ritz vdi.
Old 14th August 2009, 20:52   #10
BHPian

Thanks Guys, infact i got the car much earlier than promised, got in on 12th Aug!!

couldnt update as they have blocked this site in my office have been going around it and im absolutely enjoying the ride with Michelin tires...makes lot of difference to ride quality and noise as well is reduced
Old 14th August 2009, 20:55   #11
BHPian

By the way congrats manju. A great day to get your new car. By the way wahta was the on road price? Didnt you get any accessories from the dealer?

Zteg[/quote]

OTR B'lore is 5.85Lak...accessories!! aha..nothing et all apart from the normal stuff like door mats, mud flaps and ganesha Idol... when ever we asked the sales guy he would say that getting car in such a short time only is a great thing and i shouldnt think about Accessories
Old 14th August 2009, 20:57   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by faithless_1984 View Post
Congrats Mafioso.
Its great that your getting the car in just 20 days.!

Will try the same trick.
All the best...hope it works out...infact it helped me during booking period as they promised the car by 20th, but later one of my friend knew the sales guy there and hence i got it little earlier than expected/promised
Old 14th August 2009, 21:00   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sang View Post
Congrats Mafioso !

Can you give the OTR price for swift vdi with breakup and any freebies that dealer offered? Do we have same waiting period for Swift and Ritz vdi.
4.9 Ex showroom, 16k insurance and 67k road tax and extended warranty and handling charges all put together its 5.85Lac. the demand for swift diesel is so much that no where any freebies are offered, getting the car only is a big challenge.. i guess for Ritz its around 4 weeks time, not sure thou..
Old 14th August 2009, 22:11   #14
BHPian

Congrats Mafioso!!!

Do post some reviews and pics. I too have booked the Swift Vdi with ABS on 15th July in Cochin and they gave a waiting period of 4 months. I asked for VDi without ABS and that too had the same waiting period.

I'm now trying to get a car from its competition - Getz Crdi/Punto Dynamic 1.3. Almost finalized on one car and hopefully will be getting delivery on Aug last weekend. Will then be cancelling the Swift booking.

Personally I feel the waiting period is too long and its sort of made up by Maruti. They alone can get away with this. If demand was the reason, then alto should have a 1 yr waiting period.

Last edited by krish3 : 14th August 2009 at 22:12.
Old 15th August 2009, 14:43   #15
Senior - BHPian

Mafioso, congrats on your swift VDi white, looks best and also looks better to ritz IMO.Keep updating this thread with your reviews.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks