Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th February 2010, 00:23   #481
Senior - BHPian

I got my car back. The rack is back to normal. Steering feel is slightly lesser than original. But not enough to make a fuss about.
Now, here's one thing I need help about. I tried calling Ishan about this, but haven't yet gotten through.

ALL through out these 6 months, I was running on my Michelin 205/55R15's without a problem, but now, suddenly, the tyre is fouling with the well at full right lock. Ford called me and told me that tyres need to be changed. They tried balancing, but to no avail. My car is jinxed. I don't feel like going back to show this because my car comes back after 2 days without much change. I don't regret anything but I sure have a bad taste in my mouth now. I went for a rack issue that didn't get sorted and now I am being told to change my tyres after 6 months (where there was NO sound when turning before this)
What is wrong?
They said they have aligned the wheels and tried in such a way that there was least noise. They also replaced my tyres with the stock ones, and there was no noise according to them, that time.
But at full lock, my tyre touches and there is a dragging sound/feel.
I am lost for words. i felt like crying on hearing this. WHY my car always?
Old 28th February 2010, 00:57   #482
Distinguished - BHPian

Frank, I feel for you buddy.

About the tyres fouling now, could it be that the suspension takes some time to settle and after 6 months, it would have compressed a little and so the tyres are touching?

If that sounds ludicrous, then maybe the Ford service centre did some changes to the suspension setting?

Did the wheels start fouling BEFORE you gave it for service?
Old 28th February 2010, 00:58   #483
Senior - BHPian

NEVER. Not even once did i hear the grinding sound :-(
Old 28th February 2010, 01:00   #484
Distinguished - BHPian

Then I would suspect the Ford guys. Maybe they did something to change the suspension settings?

Why dont you get it checked at a service centre outside? Worth a shot.

In any case, 195/55 R15 AD07s are available 7.2k a piece! :O
Old 28th February 2010, 01:01   #485
Senior - BHPian

frank, you must be running on 205/50/R15. Can you confirm? This size should definitely not scrape. I think you should get the wheels aligned at an independent tire shop with modern equipment.
Old 28th February 2010, 01:18   #486
Senior - BHPian

I am running on 205/55R15's

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attach...hdtv-1080-.jpg

I am going to an independent alignment shop on Monday.

AND, if the tyre shop solves the problem, then it's definitely BYE-BYE to Bhavna Ford. I am THAT pissed off! They lost my keychain too :-(

Last edited by frankmehta : 28th February 2010 at 01:27.
Old 28th February 2010, 07:58   #487
BHPian

Frank,

I sincerely hope the independent workshop fixes your problem.

Also I hope you got the cost of key chain reimbursed from Bhavna. I hate it when these service guys mess up and loot things from us.

As for my car, I am having strange problems

a) the trip meter has gone cray, for a 10 km journey it shows 25-28 km, not sure if any one else has had this problem

b) There is a tak tak noise from one of the speakers, again not sure if the speakers have gone bad or a loose connection

c) The dash board rattles are becoming worst by the day, I sincerely hope Figo does not have this problem.
Old 28th February 2010, 08:17   #488
BHPian

Frank,

I am now getting worried here..will Ford create the boogie of warranty being void becos of non-standard tyre sizes!!
Old 28th February 2010, 10:01   #489
Senior - BHPian

If you ask me, do not fight with dealer till your problem is settled. orelse, if needed they can simply inform Ford that the problem occured due to tyre change/modification (which as per the written policy of FORD can point out Void of warranty)?
Handle carefully.
Old 28th February 2010, 10:03   #490
BHPian

@frankmehta
Sorry to read about your problems. I guess you need take an opinion from an independent workshop (as already suggested) as well as from another Ford dealer's workshop on the steering suspension issue.
And how does a key-chain get lost without the key getting lost as well? The very thing happened to me too very recently at a Hyundai dealer's workshop. What happened during my subsequent visit was much worse but I will need to start another thread to relate that story.
Old 28th February 2010, 18:38   #491
Senior - BHPian

I am distressed. The car is driving like a dream after it's 2nd service. Oil change has done it good. The increased rasp from the engine above 3000 RPM makes it more addictive by the day. BUT, I am scared of turning the car at higher speeds through the corners with the fear of the tyre touching the insides. I HATE IT WHEN THE PROBLEMS INCREASE WHEN THEY ARE SUPPOSED TO BE NON EXISTENT!
Old 28th February 2010, 22:34   #492
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankmehta View Post
Note the circled area in red on this!
Attachment 296204

I asked what this means. They said I was a JDPower customer.

Dunno what that means but it sure is a pleasure when everyone at the workshop refers to my car as a VIP/JDPower customer's car.
You'll be asked for your feedback on their product and service as a "preferred customer".

Many such VIPs would be pampered so that they give Ford a good report - that would translate into Ford getting a high csi in the JD Power Study to represent Owners' satisfaction with an automobile brand.
Old 1st March 2010, 11:07   #493
Senior - BHPian

Frank, I think the right upsize would have been 205/50/R15, but I am guessing you did not have a choice. Good luck with the wheel alignment today. I think a good shop should be able to sort out the issue. Conti CPC2 now comes in the stock size if you are interested.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjayc View Post
Frank,

I am now getting worried here..will Ford create the boogie of warranty being void becos of non-standard tyre sizes!!
Technically they can void the suspension warranty alone, but they sure as hell will lose a future customer. I am sure Ford is aware of the implications of voiding warranty over a minor upsize. When their car is positioned as 'fun to drive', they can't really afford to alienate the enthusiasts.

Last edited by Gilead : 1st March 2010 at 11:17.
Old 4th March 2010, 12:32   #494
Senior - BHPian

Hey Frank, Sorry to hear about the tyre problem. Did you already try the wheel alignment thing.. but I doubt that will be the case. Nor do I think that the independent tyre shop can sort the issue but certainly, no harm in trying.

Most tyre shops I have been to, they either fix the aligment and balancing if they fell the suspention is in its right shape and every thing is in place, or else they ask the owner to get the setup chked at the service station. I have seen people (mostly more than 5-6 year old cars in bad shape) being asked to go to the service station for getting suspention bushes changed, suspetion work done or even wheel hubs changed.

I think in your case since the car is almost brand new and the steering set up is also changed, the set up should be fine.. it just may be the plastic cover behind the tyre (one on the wall) that may be loose and touching the tyre.

I would suggest you get a second option from a independent work shop or even a trusted local mechanic.

I know that the Fiesta 1.6 S comes with 195/55/R15 and you have upgraded to 205/55/R15, but if the tyre were not foul in the first instance it should not be a problem now. Also, does the tyre touch the wall when you turn at a good speed or does it tough normally as well.. say may be while taking a u turn.. At speeds, it may be because the new setup is a bit soft and a marginally more body roll upfront makes the inner wall touch the tyre (just my guess). more than normay upgraded tyres can give such problem when the car is turned at high speeds or when the car is going comming downhill and there is more load on front suspention.

Dont worry mate, people like us who care a lot more about their cars than a normal person do get tensed by even the smallest of niggle. Get it checked and I believe it should be fine. Also, try to pay attention to the more so good things in your car rather than a small niggle that comes up. You will feel better and will be able to enjoy your ride!

Cheers!
Gaurav

Last edited by gaurav_chopra04 : 4th March 2010 at 12:45.
Old 4th March 2010, 16:56   #495
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankmehta View Post
I am distressed. The car is driving like a dream after it's 2nd service. Oil change has done it good. The increased rasp from the engine above 3000 RPM makes it more addictive by the day. BUT, I am scared of turning the car at higher speeds through the corners with the fear of the tyre touching the insides. I HATE IT WHEN THE PROBLEMS INCREASE WHEN THEY ARE SUPPOSED TO BE NON EXISTENT!
Unless you are driving on a 5 sq.km skidpad with nothing in sight, there is no way you will be doing full-lock turns while going at anything higher than 10-15 km/h. You will not scrape the insides of the tyres at high speeds even on a racetrack, unless you're pointing in the wrong direction and out of control.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks