Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th August 2009, 17:35   #16
BHPian

s_philip did you awnser with respect to Ritz or Vista?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagCar View Post
How is the AC in Vista, I keep hearing that it is not up to the mark! Did you feel the same?
Quote:
Originally Posted by s_pphilip View Post
Sir I think most are reffering to service related issues that i cant throw light on, during test drive the AC was real cool and effective, Ritz has better positioned blowers coz you feel the breeze better. also blower sound is prominent on the ritz.
and thanks adilip, i am flattered. I thought these three cars prove to be a dilemma to choose from and i could help answer few qns since i tested all three.
The awnser seems to be for RITZ ?
Old 12th August 2009, 19:24   #17
BHPian

s_pphilip,
That was one long review,
Hope you are working as a automobile journalist,
if not you are wasting your talents.
Old 13th August 2009, 18:46   #18
BHPian

Oh sir, how I wish to be in that blessed job, breathing cars day and night, wish some one could offer me this job just to tap my passion. getting up early excited waiting to fire some motor and adrenalin and goose bumps all over. I love to be an automobile journo. every day.
thanks for appreciating.
and damodar I think the AC issues that teh BHPian is refering to is service related for the Vista. I just added the Ritz detail since we were discussing AC's
Old 14th August 2009, 18:30   #19
BHPian

Bad AC in Vista

Quote:
Originally Posted by s_pphilip View Post
Oh sir, how I wish to be in that blessed job, breathing cars day and night, wish some one could offer me this job just to tap my passion. getting up early excited waiting to fire some motor and adrenalin and goose bumps all over. I love to be an automobile journo. every day.
thanks for appreciating.
and damodar I think the AC issues that teh BHPian is refering to is service related for the Vista. I just added the Ritz detail since we were discussing AC's

I tested more than 5 brand new vistas in the showoom and in all of them the AC cooling was very poor in 40 deg temperature.Although high blower output masks this aspect in a few minutes test drive the grill temperature never gets really cool.Guys try this start a vista quadrajet when its stationary switch on the AC wait for a appro 2 minutes.Now that sufficient time to get the cabin temperature down.Now if you start depressing the accelerator in this condition the condenser switches off completely that means the cooling becomes nil with only the fan running.
Old 9th September 2009, 15:48   #20

During my recent TD for Swift VDi & Ritz VDi, I did notice an appreciable differance in the cooling of the ACs of the two. Swift chilled in no time, but not so for the Ritz. The Service Manager owed this to the fact that due to increased headroom, and hence the increased internal volume, the Ritz took a little longer time to cool.
The swift seemed to have aged and the Ritz beaming with a zealous look. Also the Ritz is Euro IV whereas Swift is not. The swift is fit for upgrade, as regards the interior and other things, as is evident from Maruti having to bring a Limited Edition model for petrol version. However, as the volumes are going huge even in its present avataar, they may take a little while to do so.
Old 6th October 2009, 15:57   #21
BHPian

Swift Diesel And Ritz Diesel

Dear Members,

I am glad I am part of Team BHP now. Let me get into my clarifications straight away. Last weekend one of my friends wanted to choose between the swift diesel or the ritz diesel.

When we walked into a showroom in chennai i was surprised that the new ritz was being offered for a cash discount price of 12k and the dealer had all colors readily available. whereas the swift still demands a waiting period of 2 months minimum.

There is an understandable demand for swift given that it is a proven car and still holds good in the market. Why does maruti position these 2 cars in this way when they are almost the same except for looks and a bit of handling. Is ritz that bad a car compared to swift or does maruti wants to hold good in that segment sacrificing a new model? i dont understand the logistics here..

your expert views please..

regards
Rover2000

Last edited by Jaggu : 6th October 2009 at 16:31. Reason: Please use Search feature before opening a new thread, Thanks
Old 12th October 2009, 14:51   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rover2000 View Post
There is an understandable demand for swift given that it is a proven car and still holds good in the market.... Is ritz that bad a car compared to swift or does maruti wants to hold good in that segment sacrificing a new model? i dont understand the logistics here....
Rover2000
Not that Titz is that bad a car when compared to Swift, when engine is the same for both the cars. In fact Ritz does have an improved engine as in Swift the frequency of oil change is 5000 km whereas its 10000 km in Ritz. As we all know the handling of swift is unbeatable, and that of Ritz is next to that and that's because of its increased height.
The cooling of Swift is far more efficient than in case of Ritz, owing to the difference in their volumes.
Though a matter of personal choice, but some even do not like the rear shape of Ritz.
But I envisage an altogether different phenomenon in this. Swift has been able to make herself synonymous with style and is regarded as a sign of elevated status to own it. And that's the reason people are mad after it. We are after all the descendants of 'Gandhari'.
Old 20th October 2009, 20:11   #23
BHPian

Thanks for the inputs adilip...just to widen some facts..was there any other car from maruti stable which had created so much craze and demand even after the launch of so many competitive models...
Old 28th October 2009, 16:34   #24

Quote:
Dear Members,
Why does maruti position these 2 cars in this way when they are almost the same except for looks and a bit of handling. Is ritz that bad a car compared to swift or does maruti wants to hold good in that segment sacrificing a new model? i dont understand the logistics here..

Rover2000
same here, i was wondering why maruti is advertising for swift on TV, and quite a lot of times, but not a single ad for ritz??
is this a case of maruti realising swift is better than ritz?

Abhi
Old 28th October 2009, 22:39   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi2902 View Post
same here, i was wondering why maruti is advertising for swift on TV, and quite a lot of times, but not a single ad for ritz??
is this a case of maruti realising swift is better than ritz?

Abhi
Increased ad for Swift is possibly a run up to the launch BS IV compliant swift. This version may have minor changes apart from the engine as well.

I think Ritz is overshadowed by Swift's run-a-way success. For a new launch, Ritz doing well. The surprise was in the split between petrol and diesel.
IMO such an unconventional design couldn't sell 6000 or 5000 per month had it come from any other manufacturer possibly other than Hyundai. The Maruti name helps a lot here. Only thing is- it is up against another Maruti in the same price point.

IMO, there are three reasons why Swift sells more-
1. Swift has got a reliable tag with it by being in the market for long. The fact that you see it everywhere builds a lot of confidence on the name. When I bought my Ritz I was in the same dilemma but I went for the the Ritz as I felt it was better and it satisfied all my requirements.
2. Looks- I think the looks is yet to grow on people's minds. I remember many hated the swift when it was launched.
3. As adilip put it very well, Swift is regarded as a premium hatch but image-wise I am not sure if Ritz is able to create the same feeling. One of my friends commented- "why do you want to buy a new gen Wagon R but not a premium Swift". I think Ritz is yet to get that premium tag. Ofcourse the sporty image of the swift helps a lot here as well.
Old 29th October 2009, 09:43   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Dear Members,

I am glad I am part of Team BHP now. Let me get into my clarifications straight away. Last weekend one of my friends wanted to choose between the swift diesel or the ritz diesel.

When we walked into a showroom in chennai i was surprised that the new ritz was being offered for a cash discount price of 12k and the dealer had all colors readily available. whereas the swift still demands a waiting period of 2 months minimum.

There is an understandable demand for swift given that it is a proven car and still holds good in the market. Why does maruti position these 2 cars in this way when they are almost the same except for looks and a bit of handling. Is ritz that bad a car compared to swift or does maruti wants to hold good in that segment sacrificing a new model? i dont understand the logistics here..

your expert views please..

regards
Rover2000
Well i own a Ritz VDi and trust me there is no way Maruti is going to stop production or support for this car for atleast another 10 years. Being a super practical car in the segment it will start seeing numbers say in a year odd.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks