Team-BHP - Oh no! Another Linea Story
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/)
-   -   Oh no! Another Linea Story (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/63442-oh-no-another-linea-story-7.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by coolboy007 (Post 1461575)
:Shockked: you oughtaa be kiddin,
You win max ODO on delivery award. Seems Fiat thoroughly tested your car for any faults or niggles, this is done for defence personnel as fiat is afraid of them. :D
I dont have any clue for such a high reading.

lol:. Actually there is a correction to make. It was around 300 km at the time of delivery. 346 km was at the end of the day after our roaming around. The reason the sales guy gave was- Sir, Fiat's PDI.
And now I want to ask you one thing coolboy- was your trip already reset (250 km trip)? If it was already reset then chances are your's would have driven around almost as much as ours. And incase the trip was not reset then I agree with you that there would have been a special PDI for Army guys:uncontrol. Maybe that's the reason why we've had no problems whatsoever till date (touchwood).

Quote:

Originally Posted by firstguri (Post 1461632)
And now I want to ask you one thing coolboy- was your trip already reset (250 km trip)? If it was already reset then chances are your's would have driven around almost as much as ours. And incase the trip was not reset then I agree with you that there would have been a special PDI for Army guys:uncontrol.

Well whats this 250 kms trip funda??
1 thing i know is ODO was at 100+ kms, Speedo was disconnected, when i asked salesguy he said we have to take car from border to stockyard and then to RTO, if ODO crosses 150 customers refuse to take car.

Silly fellows, forgot to put the speedo cable back in. I had some doubt on them about using my car for their leisure activities (not DEMO car as they already have 2 Lineas for TD) but now after 6 months all doubts cleared.
As you say, touchwood, car has no rattle or niggle.
Still i was confused, Car FEB mfr and tyres April mfr, pataa nahin whats up.

300 is the max dude and yours is 1st Linea off CSD so special PDI for army guyslol: i think.

My Linea would qualify for the least ODO on delivery award.
6 km!

Quote:

Originally Posted by coolboy007 (Post 1461712)
Well whats this 250 kms trip funda??
1 thing i know is ODO was at 100+ kms, Speedo was disconnected, when i asked salesguy he said we have to take car from border to stockyard and then to RTO, if ODO crosses 150 customers refuse to take car.
300 is the max dude and yours is 1st Linea off CSD so special PDI for army guyslol: i think.

Somebody's speedo being disconnected is something new that I've heard. Anyway I read about this 250 km trip on this forum only somewhere. I think the deal went like this- the odo can be reset to zero once before 250 km and not after that.
If that's the case then I think our dealer forgot to reset it or maybe didn't know about it.
And as far as records & awards go then i gleefully accept the 'highest odo reading' award. But records are meant to be broken so I'm waiting for someone to surpass us so that we can pass it onrl:.

The speedo can be reset only once. And that too before the car reaches 250kms on the first time. It can be reset by pressing the trip meter switch for more than 5 seconds. once it crosses 250 it cannot be reset at all. My car was showing 74 on the odo which i had myself reset on the day of delivery. Lucky that the sales guy didnt even know about it. i was quite well informed from team-bhp forums

Firstguri

May be your car was driven from pune to mohali :) :)

It is a team-bhp norm to not to accept cars which has more than 150km on odo on pdi.

@Vineet
Yes, as per what has been "agreed" on tbhp, yours is Aug manufacture. Also 106KM on the odo is very good by BUB standards. At the time I took delivery 130-180 was what I checked on 4 Lineas including my own. My car too was filthy at the time of PDI but they did a decent wash in my presence, and was beautifully washed and waxed at the time of delivery. Don't know abut the rust/orange layer but do ask them to explain.

vineet,
That orange rust layer is fine (its just surface rust).

Eagerly waiting for feedback on the plastics/parts quality on new Lineas.

Quote:

Originally Posted by geeash (Post 1461972)
The speedo can be reset only once. And that too before the car reaches 250kms on the first time. It can be reset by pressing the trip meter switch for more than 5 seconds. once it crosses 250 it cannot be reset at all. My car was showing 74 on the odo which i had myself reset on the day of delivery. Lucky that the sales guy didnt even know about it. i was quite well informed from team-bhp forums.

There you go coolboy. Thanks Ashwin for sharing the info.

Quote:

May be your car was driven from pune to mohali :) :)

Yeah, I dont know seriously man, from where to where was the car drivenlol:.
Quote:

It is a team-bhp norm to not to accept cars which has more than 150km on odo on pdi.

OK I didn't know that, but we were so excited at our taking the car that we just didn't pay any attention towards it. Moreover unlike most of the other owners here, our dealer already had the car in stock (infact he had only one F. Red Emotion at the time) and so we didn't have to wait. So if we had made a noise over it or refused it then we would have had to wait for another car and that was totally unacceptable to me. I cant wait for another car to come, the wait just kills me.
Another thing was that I had already read about high odo readings and 250 km reset here, so I didn't make much of it. I just thought- oh the dealer's forgot to reset the odo. Come to think of it, even if our dealer had reset the odo at 200 km then we would have had an odo reading of around 100 km at the time of delivery, which I think would have been ok.

Quote:

Originally Posted by neotraveller (Post 1462290)
vineet,
That orange rust layer is fine (its just surface rust).

Eagerly waiting for feedback on the plastics/parts quality on new Lineas.

Thanks Neo and firstguri for "rust" explanations. Feedback on plastics or any other known problems on my own thread coming soon by public demand :).

I did get a feedback call from Tata Motors on my service experience. And I did go through the 1-10 ratings with him. But I guess these guys get paid on number of feedbacks obtained . They are really in a hurry to rush through it and any answer, unless its a number from 1-10, is something that is of no interest to them

@Vineet
Did you pick up your car? Waiting to hear all about your experience

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pragmites (Post 1458723)
I took my Linea to BU Bhandari ( Pune) to address various niggles in the car.
10AM: arrival at TASS
10:02: Greeting by security and advised of procedure:
10:05: Service Advisor asks me to park the car on the side and take a seat in the reception area:
10:07: Attends to me and creates job card with all problems mentioned.
10:10: Taken to meet works manager Mr Gopal, who gives suitable instructions to bring car to the bay and I am given a cup of tea.

I guess Fiat service might vary from dealer-to dealer but based on my experience with these guys, I must say that a lot of the Fiat A** bashing is not justified. I now feel confident enough to leave my dear Linea without being present while she is being worked on

Overall Rating:
-Customer Service: 9.5/10
-Facilities: 9.5/10
-Solution of Problems 7.5/10

Happy to hear that your visit to BUB, Wakad went relatively well! As I've mentioned in some other posts my first couple of experiences with them were terrible but now find that they do an excellent job and at least try to rectify all the issues.