Team-BHP - Finally Wagon R Lxi taken on Sunday
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/)
-   -   Finally Wagon R Lxi taken on Sunday (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/64151-finally-wagon-r-lxi-taken-sunday.html)

Hi Team,

First of all I wish to thank all the members of the family who contributed in deciding the car. I was very confused between Ritz / Swift / wagon r for the past 2 months and after going through the various threads and evaluating the pros and cons of all three cars and taking test drives of all three cars thrice in three different showrooms, finally zero in the waggy Lxi and brought her home on sunday 23 Aug. Some frnds even suggested i10 but i did not wanted to add to confusion and stick to maruti for the FE / low maintainence / widest network / cheap spares and VFM car.

I gave my 5 year old M800 in exchange and got this silky silver babe in 3.20 lacs after all discounts which I think is a total VFM and most practicle car for city use. (I drive 1000 KM / month mainly in delhi city traffic)

Initial driving experiance is very gud after driving 5 years / 50000 KM of M800. Seating position is high and overall its a gud city car.

Team BHP members are generally not very happy with the gear shift of Waggy and i was hoping that my car transmission works OK. I found them to be OK (a bit notchy off course but not much) if changed slowly / smoothly. If changed in hurry then they are not smooth at all. Reverse gear is with a thud as the other members always say. AC is powerful. BTW i got bridgestone tyres as stocks and Kenwood HU and speakers fitted by dealer free of cost.

I am planning to load the car next sunday. Will keep the members updated.

Thanks again guys. Keep the gud work going. This family is a total wealth of automotive info and guidance, helping out people like me. clap:

Cheers
Adhoc

Congrats Adhoc.
Did you pay 3.20 Lakhs OTR after giving in your M800, or this price is excluding the M800?

Wow. Congrats on the new car. How much difference did giving up the 800 make ?
Please post some pics of the silky babe. Nice name.

Congrats Adhoc,

One of the functional car in Indian Market.
It served me for more than 4 years/25000+ kms without any single issue.
Surely I missed my WagonR.
Enjoy and Drive Safe :)

Congrats Karthik, great choice of car and color. I drove my Wagon R Lxi for almost 5.8 yrs/31,000+ Kms without any hitch. All you need to do is keep refueling and driving! Some pics of the new born would be nice!

Congratulations on your new buy adhoc and wish you many more miles with smiles all the way.

My Waggy has been a companion since 2006 clocking 79,000Kms today without a fuss and I have mostly used her on highways.

Notchy gearbox, but mine has been smooth so far after initial glicthes for the first few thousand kms.

Bad handling at high speeds is another "issue" pointed out but eventually it is you who'll master the art of taming any car after driving many more miles. After all, we are driving a tallboy and not a racing sedan!!

All the best!!

Hi,

Congratulations on your new purchase. A wise upgrade over your M 800.

I was using Wagon R vxi for last 5 years without any hassles. Excellent for bumper to bumper city traffic. Good for normal highway driving too.
You will get used to the notchy gear shift, will smoothen a bit after few kms.
If you have night drives on highways, a head light upgrade will be beneficial.

AdHoc, congratulations on your new wagonR, good choice of car, with perfect city usage as well as highways.How much did you got for your old M800 do share and post some pictures as well.

Congratulation Adhoc on your new car. Which colour? Also post some pictures.
Please post breakup of the car cost and also the free accessories given by the dealer.

Congratulations for the car. I fully agree with your decision. Wagon R is a very very practical car.

I would advice your to change the shoes to Michelin Energy XM1+ 155/65/r13. They serve the car better. The stock tyres are the crappiest.

Congrats on your new car.
WR is a decent city car and extremely reliable. I have one for the last 5+ yrs with 50k on the odo. Engine feels as fresh as it was when bought.

Happy driving!

Quote:

Originally Posted by musicmanaman (Post 1448513)
Congrats Adhoc.
Did you pay 3.20 Lakhs OTR after giving in your M800, or this price is excluding the M800?

Excluding M800. Less .75 for my oldie it came at 2.45

Thanx to everyone for the nice words.

Old M800 Std March 2004 / 50000 km went for 75K. New car was for 3.2lacs so after exchange i had to pay 2.45 lacs only. Dealer fitted Kenwood kdc 3036 with speakers free of cost in the deal.

Color is Silky silver and the car is fun to drive in the city traffic. Will post the snaps shortly. Cheers

Congrats on the new car Adhoc, Its always nice to hear about the initial ownership experience from fellow members. Is it not the M800 taken back for very low price? I feel, may be a 10K could be added to it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by balajird (Post 1453259)
Congrats on the new car Adhoc, Its always nice to hear about the initial ownership experience from fellow members. Is it not the M800 taken back for very low price? I feel, may be a 10K could be added to it.

he initially quoted 80K for M800 and made the deal accordingly about 25 days back but he backed out at the last moment when i went to take the delivery saying that a quote is valid for 7 days and now he will revise it. He said nobody buys M800 std now so its resale value has fallen now and it will fall further by each passing month since maruti has decided to phase it out by coming april :Frustrati. That was a very rude shock but i did not wanted to come back empty handed so had to settle for 75K.