Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th September 2009, 12:52   #1

Initial experience: Tata Indica Vista TDI

Hello All,

It was quite a bit of time since i wanted to update about the experience that i had since i had booked my vista TDI .

Showroom Experience:-
The sales person who attended me was good at explaining about the vehicle and he honestly accepted all the pros and cons which i had made list before buying the vehicle.

The sales head and the whole team are bit negligent about the customer after he books the vehicle ( few of my cousins and friends had said it is almost similar with other company showroom as well).

Vehicle Experience:-

The vehicle is really really good and real VFM.
I have already completed 700km in my Vista . This week end we are planning for one more trip .
regarding the fuel economy it is giving me arround 13 - 15 in city with less than 20 % AC on. high way i need to check it though.
few of my teambhpians had told about the poor ac performance .... i have noticed the AC is powerful enough to cool the entire cabin . I will again check it when i will hit the highway this weekend.

issues i have faced:-

some kind of noise while the vehicle is driven for more than hour and give a pit stop and then while moving the sound comes for few seconds and cant hear after that.

after using Ac for long time some noise in the ac belt or some where is coming and again it will vanish after few minutes.

I donno whether it is a common issue or some thing i need to give more attention. If someone has faced such an issue please do let me know.

will soon updates few pics of my vehicle.

Regards
Veer.
Old 9th September 2009, 14:45   #2
BHPian

Congrats on the Vista. Wishing you a happy ownership exp. The Vista does have a good road presence and the initial mileage looks good for bangalore.

A bit surprised that the famed quadrajet wasn't the engine of choice. Any reasons for that?
Old 10th September 2009, 15:02   #3

hello,

the one strong reason for which i did not go for quadrajet is the budget....
Old 11th September 2009, 00:13   #4
BHPian

Hello Veer,

Thanks for posting your experiences.

Tata Motors changed the compressor in the Vista delivered in July and after July, so your cooling will be fine, do not worry about it!!!

Drive safely,

K bhai
Old 11th September 2009, 09:52   #5
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Vista TDI makes a good budget choice. That the only reason to go for TDI, but a logical one at times.

For TDI better to upgrade to Vista quality then be stuck with the old indica platform.
ACM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2009, 11:25   #6

Hello Every one,

this weekend we had been to chitradurga and near by place of chitradura..
the overall kms was 550kms..
Average which i got on my vista is somewhere around 16.2 pl with more than 50% ac.
It was fun driving the vista ...
One issue i faced during the trip is as i already mentioned some noise from front something like some metal is getting brushed i could not make out from where exactly it is coming . I thought of showing that to a near by tata service station unfortunately as i came near the service station that noise disappeared i donno some time the sound come and gets vanished withing few minutes..

try to get it fixed in the first service. One more noise which was disturbing was from the wooden plank mounted to hold the speakers was making some noise while going over the bad roads.

As the uploading of pics is blocked at my work place i will upload pics some time in weekend ...

thank you bhpians

Veer...
Old 15th September 2009, 12:30   #7
BHPian

thank you Veer,

Please post some pics from the trip.
Old 14th December 2009, 23:30   #8
Senior - BHPian

Booked a Vista Terra TDi

Hello ,

I have booked a Vista Terra TDi Today.I want to know whether the A/C issue for the Vista's are resolved now.
Also ,I am searching for the VIN decode ,so that I can get a recent car from dealer's stock yard.

My Choice of Colour is Arctic Silver.Enlighten Me ,Anything I need to check in special before Delivery of the New car?I will take a copy of team-bhp PDI list.

thanks.
Old 21st December 2009, 16:52   #9

Hello ,
First of all congrats on booking of the vehicle. The initial check list which i followed is the one which is being told to me by one of the BHPian.
First and foremost thing to remember is do not take the delivery of the vehicle in dark (after sunset or when the sunshine is less).
check for the cleanliness of the rare doormats and also check whether they have given you the right pair of the doormats if given with the car.

then check for the working of AC .

the Ac in my vista has no problem till date. I have taken the vehicle for several long drives. Very soon i will update the 5k mark story of my Vista.

Never ever sign the document before getting satisfied about your car.

this few things about post delivery of your car has to be taken care along with the Team bhp pdi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepclutch View Post
Hello ,

I have booked a Vista Terra TDi Today.I want to know whether the A/C issue for the Vista's are resolved now.
Also ,I am searching for the VIN decode ,so that I can get a recent car from dealer's stock yard.

My Choice of Colour is Arctic Silver.Enlighten Me ,Anything I need to check in special before Delivery of the New car?I will take a copy of team-bhp PDI list.

thanks.
Old 21st December 2009, 22:19   #10
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Veer Ji for the tips.I will sure look for them.BTW ,I changed My Plan and Paid for Vista Terra QJD Today.But Wondering whether I need to do a brief drive before taking delivery.
Old 7th January 2010, 13:45   #11

Hello All,

I have recently taken the vehicle for second free service that is for 6000 kms .I had taken vehicle for 1500 km three days trip. the vehicle reponse was really amaizng.
Few issues which i did notice are :

Front shocks was making some noise when the vehicle to cross first few road humps in morning.(Remedy the bush was changed it seems and now the noise is not comming)

the RPM used to rise to the peak in fourth and fivth the vehicle was not taking the pick up. (problem was :- the clucth was getting sucked even though foot had just touched the clucth paddle) they told it is there in all diesel engine .. I am not sure whether it is a common problem or not ?? afet they adjusted the clucth i tested the vehicle for arround 75 kms on bangalore mysore road and the problem is solved.

apart from this one more issue i need clarification from the seniors of team bhp i.e.,
the mounting points that are given under the chasis that gets touched when i hit very bad road humps even i drive at very very slow speed as if the vehicle is being pushed by someone.

Please suggest me something from which i can avoid hearing tht noise from under chasi from my car it hurts me a lot. we were travelling only 4 memebers in the car .

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks